Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Fingers are crossed on that one. Every aspect of this thing scores a A+ otherwise. I did let one of the 1.5 hybrids leak all over my vv pv for a while just to see what it was like. Made me a believer in the kick but I dont have any 500 or 490's or a kick, so its really not worth the investment. Id rather sell this one to help pay for an upgrade so I would not have to buy anything else.

Striker, there is a difference in 18650 vs 18490 w/kick... At first I never noticed it. I was worried about money spent on extra batteries and a kick and then tried it for a couple days without the kick. You will notice it when the 18650 battery starts to drain and the vape will not be as strong. With the kick installed, the vapor and throat hit are consistent until the battery depletes. To the average vaper this will probably not be a problem, but to some, (like me), the difference is noticeable... Its still a great vape with or without a kick installed. I usually get on average about a day and a half out of the 18650 and one day with the 18490 w/kick.... Not a big deal as I always have an extra battery with me when I go out for that just in case.

Big Mac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA
Howdy guys and dolls,

Good to hear FP.

The spring and batts.....the batts I got with mine are just a bit taller than my other 18650s. I've tried others in it, can't tell a diff in how long they last, but the others seem to fit better. I, like Muzic, just use caution when installing a batt, making sure the spring is straight up and down. When putting in the batt, I fully compress the spring before inserting the pos end, that does the trick for me, YMMV.

Also like the guy above me said....you don't notice the drop off....until one day you notice the dropoff and then you notice it every time after that. Once i hit that drop off point, the vape was just sooo mellow.....too mellow for me. Using the kick solved that problem. It's tough for me anyways, to compare the batts, 18650/18490s, as the 650s got changed out well before their end because of that drop off in vapor. With the 18490s they get used until the kick sez no. My complaint was I was going thru 3 490s a day. I've started figuring out how I'll setup the kick under the bottle to help with that.

Oh good lord, how nice it would be to see a VW VMod. That or a "kick kit" that fits under the bottle.

Mac

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Striker, there is a difference in 18650 vs 18490 w/kick... At first I never noticed it. I was worried about money spent on extra batteries and a kick and then tried it for a couple days without the kick. You will notice it when the 18650 battery starts to drain and the vape will not be as strong. With the kick installed, the vapor and throat hit are consistent until the battery depletes. To the average vaper this will probably not be a problem, but to some, (like me), the difference is noticeable... Its still a great vape with or without a kick installed. I usually get on average about a day and a half out of the 18650 and one day with the 18490 w/kick.... Not a big deal as I always have an extra battery with me when I go out for that just in case.

Thanks for the input. I am really mowing it over. If it was not for the fact that I gave away the last two Aw 490's I had, I would have jumped already. The cost to replace what I gave away is eating me. That and the fact that I have 8 650's that are still all in good condition is another deterrent.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I am a firm believer that some people shouldn't do reviews!! This is certainly one of those times!! Totally unorganized and reading from a script that everyone can see... For someone that has been using the XL for a week as stated! If he hadn't said it in the video, I would have thought he just started using it an hour before he shot the review... At least do some research on whatever product you are reviewing... I could've done without this one all together... Just my opinion...

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
I am a firm believer that some people shouldn't do reviews!! This is certainly one of those times!! Totally unorganized and reading from a script that everyone can see... For someone that has been using the XL for a week as stated! If he hadn't said it in the video, I would have thought he just started using it an hour before he shot the review... At least do some research on whatever product you are reviewing... I could've done without this one all together... Just my opinion...

holy true!

DrDoitchbig

Aug 19, 2012
Michigan

Not to mention at the end of the review he makes it sound as if there is no such thing as a bottom feeder with variable voltage.

Ok, so I;ve been using the VMod XL for about 6 months, just by itself with the 1.5 ohm atties. As soon as the Shi-Fu atties came out, and I tried them, I seriously was wondering why I would need a Kick in my device. (a bit of background, I ordered a Kick, and some of the newer ShiFu atties at the same time, got the ShiFu atties and didn't install my kick; it's still on my dresser downstairs). So if you decide to install a kick, what's better? doctoring the bottles and installing under the bottle to keep the use of an 18650, or getting a couple of 18490's and installing in the battery bay?

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Ok, so I;ve been using the VMod XL for about 6 months, just by itself with the 1.5 ohm atties. As soon as the Shi-Fu atties came out, and I tried them, I seriously was wondering why I would need a Kick in my device. (a bit of background, I ordered a Kick, and some of the newer ShiFu atties at the same time, got the ShiFu atties and didn't install my kick; it's still on my dresser downstairs). So if you decide to install a kick, what's better? doctoring the bottles and installing under the bottle to keep the use of an 18650, or getting a couple of 18490's and installing in the battery bay?

Not sure, would also like to know this!

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
I like having the Kick in the battery bay since it doesn't ruin the VMOD XL. carrying extra batteries in a case is really not a big deal. a single 18490 will last me for a day for moderate vaping.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I like having the Kick in the battery bay since it doesn't ruin the VMOD XL. carrying extra batteries in a case is really not a big deal. a single 18490 will last me for a day for moderate vaping.

I prefer the battery bay. Added bonus there is that you don't have to mess with the bottle for any other reason than to fill it or have to worry about taking the kick in and out just to fill the bottle.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Awful quiet in here as of late!!!! Just put a fresh new Cisco spec LR 1.5ohm 306 on my XL and been in vaping bliss.... I did recently find a use for my slant coil atty's. Been using them as a dripping atty on my new mechanical Natural.... I was worried I would never use them again.... They are better in dripping mode for me, but still not what I get from a Cisco spec!!!! I think that is called bias, if memory serves me correctly...

GobblerHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Milton, NC
I just got an email from Vapage. 50% off on VmodXL's this weekend, making them about $75. Is it just me or does this explain the $25 increase in price? A month ago, or so, this would have made them $50. Marketing games? perhaps

Vince you beat to to it, was coming here to post up the Vmod XL special...
BTW: this is not the "A La Carte". It's the Premium Kit w/ battery, charger, bottles and a carto and an atty......... GREAT DEAL!!!

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I still have mine. My VmodXL is awesome. Every time I leave the house its with me. I can put this in pocket upside down and it wont leak. Never have to worry about juice or a battery. The Vmod was all I needed on my last 14 hour road trip. I took this just in case, but did not end up needing it.
IMG_2258_zps34f8d8b3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread