Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Lots of GUYS/GALS that have been mixing some time have used a lot of WL nic and found it to be fine. You said in your #1175 post before editing that WL had bad nic. Simply untrue! The nic from VT I'm sure is a great nic but that does not have anything to do with with WL nic being bad or tasting like kerosene. A year ago everybody seem to be happy with getting a good quality nic at very competitive prices from a trusted source. Yes I would like to see them expand their flavor line but that cast no shadow on the quality of nic they've had to date.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
GaryInTexas:13732029 said:
Lots of GUYS/GALS that have been mixing some time have used a lot of WL nic and found it to be fine. You said in your #1175 post before editing that WL had bad nic. Simply untrue! The nic from VT I'm sure is a great nic but that does not have anything to do with with WL nic being bad or tasting like kerosene. A year ago everybody seem to be happy with getting a good quality nic at very competitive prices from a trusted source. Yes I would like to see them expand their flavor line but that cast no shadow on the quality of nic they've had to date.

I didnt edit my post to change anything I said in reference to WL nic. I said some folks like it. I don't! I ordered 250ml and could tell right off that my mixes had a bitter metallic taste. I gave it away.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
This is what people do...discuss why they like/dislike certain nic/flavors/brands. I like seeing both sides of the coin. Im not here to defend my taste, anyone or anything, just express them from time to time. And on the same tokin as my opinion would make someone think something is wrong with WL nic...I bought the WL nic because everyone was raving about how good it was and it wasn't good for my taste...so looks like I'm the one that got duped.

SintheticKarma

Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
My first DIY order was placed with Wizard Labs and I was satisfied 100% with every aspect of the order. It was packed well, priced good, had a decent selection, had almost everything I was looking for in once place, and I felt they were a reliable source due to what I had read about them. Now, on to the reason I made this post beyond the typical "thay wurk reel guud" comment. I had a series of questions about several of the products I purchased and the quick, thorough, and extremely detailed responses I received blew me away. Unless they do not carry an item or there is a major difference in price I just order it from WL now. Unless something changes this will remain my go to for DIY needs.

I will also add that there nic has a decent throat hit for those that like that. I ordered 100mg/ml in VG. I prefer a smooth vape but it was still vapable for me. I am still on the search for a smoother nic, preferably clear and in VG base although I am flexible on both. If anyone can point me to a nic source with such traits I would be quite grateful!

This concludes my opinions and experiences on Wizard Labs and hopefully everyone else has found a vendor they are happy with.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
I was about to order some VT nic the other day just to give it a shot. Then I said well let me add a few flavors and when the shipping total came up I just closed the page. I wont justify paying a premium for nic and then another $12 for shipping on top of that. Even if I ordered $300 of flavoring the shipping still would not be free. Just about every major vape supply offers free shipping over $75 or so.

Meanwhile I pass by WL every week and it's so easy to just drop by grab my order and be on my way. Not to mention I have seen the lab at WL, the employees take pride in what they do and John always puts customers first. When any of you had a chance to check out the lab at this VT place please do let us know. I highly doubt it's even on the same level as WL which now has about three times as many employees as they had last year. And last year they were already huge then. So obviously they are doing something right to be growing as fast as they are.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
My first DIY order was placed with Wizard Labs and I was satisfied 100% with every aspect of the order. It was packed well, priced good, had a decent selection, had almost everything I was looking for in once place, and I felt they were a reliable source due to what I had read about them. Now, on to the reason I made this post beyond the typical "thay wurk reel guud" comment. I had a series of questions about several of the products I purchased and the quick, thorough, and extremely detailed responses I received blew me away. Unless they do not carry an item or there is a major difference in price I just order it from WL now. Unless something changes this will remain my go to for DIY needs.

I will also add that there nic has a decent throat hit for those that like that. I ordered 100mg/ml in VG. I prefer a smooth vape but it was still vapable for me. I am still on the search for a smoother nic, preferably clear and in VG base although I am flexible on both. If anyone can point me to a nic source with such traits I would be quite grateful!

This concludes my opinions and experiences on Wizard Labs and hopefully everyone else has found a vendor they are happy with.

I'm glad you had a great experience with WL but this is hardly the thread to ask for a recomendation for another nic vendor. I hope you find what you are looking for though. :)

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
I have a question. Just got my first order from WL. Can I dilute the concentrated flavored in VG like pre made juices for DIY?

Sure you can, there are calculators for pre-mixed flavors, juices, etc. Or you can just calculate by adding the concentrated flavors.
DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
I just got my WL's nic base and the price was awesome shipping pretty good price wise and packaged top shelf . Sealed in double or triple bags each bag hermetically sealed nice..the nic was awesome no after taste the custard tasted just like I wanted like custard..I have tried other and the shipping is what keeps me away as stated above just crazy to pay more than half in shipping for 120mls.
I did to evaluate them and they really were just as good could not tell the difference other than being a little lighter in the wallet..thanks Wizard Labs for putting out top shelf Nic base and great customer service ..And top shelf shipping ..
Roger Cast

TheRac25

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
The tax farm known as USA.
I just had a pleasant surprise while mixing. I unscrewed the top of a bottle of Caramel Cappuccino and the cardboard "washer" stayed attached to the bottle. No biggie and the bottle was emptied while I was mixing. A little later I had to get another bottle of Chocolate out of the drawer and it is from my latest order with WL. It has a polycone washer! I wonder if WL is willing to sell replacement tops for their 8ml bottles?

after having this happen to me I have concerns that some of the caps may be leeching glue (something that looks like contact cement to me) into the liquid. they seem to be getting vials from multiple sources. not sure why this is the case, it strikes me as a bit odd. 100% polycone caps would be the way to go imo.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
after having this happen to me I have concerns that some of the caps may be leeching glue (something that looks like contact cement to me) into the liquid. they seem to be getting vials from multiple sources. not sure why this is the case, it strikes me as a bit odd. 100% polycone caps would be the way to go imo.

I've only seen it on one bottle from the latest batch of flavors I got, and it was, indeed, a polycone cap. I always worried about cardboard leaching into the flavors or the "shiny finish" material leaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread