Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I second the Battlestar. :) I have one, too, and I love it. It's still small enough to be a pocket-mod for barn use (I have a silicone cover on mine). I ordered the blue bronze, but got plain dark blue, which is still pretty, but I really wanted the bronzed blue. The color really doesn't matter, though, it's a great mod, and it's not even spendy. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There are also the Charons from Smoant that folks seem really happy with. I have an Alien, and it's a fine mod (as long as you're not looking for decent TC) but it has had QC issues with some buyers getting early problems, and the Smoant stuff hasn't has an many complaints.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
While not multi-battery, I do have several JoyeSmec in my arsenal, and all have performed well and held up well. Yeah, there was a time... :facepalm:

You'd think all makers would remember the old adage that you never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
While not multi-battery, I do have several JoyeSmec in my arsenal, and all have performed well and held up well. Yeah, there was a time... :facepalm:

You'd think all makers would remember the old adage that you never get a second chance to make a first impression!
In my experience, if you take care of 'em, they'll all do ok. I have all the Reuleauxses... 200, 200s, DNA, 300, 2/3, and Gen3. None have ever exhibited signs of failure or fault. Granted, I have enough in my collection I only.come round to them every month or so lol

Stepdot has 2 Reuleauxses she's been vaping hard (she's not gentle with 'em) for 1 and 2 years, no issues besides the paint. But, she only uses Boreii... um... boreases? No long center pin...

I think the only mod maker I've ever really had issues with has been Kamry... most others have held up quite nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
In my experience, if you take care of 'em, they'll all do ok. I have all the Reuleauxses... 200, 200s, DNA, 300, 2/3, and Gen3. None have ever exhibited signs of failure or fault. Granted, I have enough in my collection I only.come round to them every month or so lol

Stepdot has 2 Reuleauxses she's been vaping hard (she's not gentle with 'em) for 1 and 2 years, no issues besides the paint. But, she only uses Boreii... um... boreases? No long center pin...

I think the only mod maker I've ever really had issues with has been Kamry... most others have held up quite nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I also agree with this, all mine are still working fine but I mainly bought them for a triple config, for a value for money and form factor, the battlestar is hard to beat.

So onto the Boreas V2, I'll say right off the bat that this is a very good tank but I think it should of had a different name, this ain't no Boreas, the only thing that resembles it is the pull out deck and even that has changed regarding wicking.

I built some quad NI80 Aliens for it 3mm ID 0.13ohm. I wanted to see if this tank could handle them, I'm looking for wicking, heat from the tank and spit back, mainly heat though and the tank handled it no problem, it didn't even get hot, where the reload would burn my dam lips at 100w, this doesn't.

Deck

No more pics until it's sitting on its new home, it's going to be stunning, it's a really nice looking tank, especially in Gold.

Flavor on this beats the whole range of Aromamizers, beats the Sherman, the Reload, the Manta, the Troll, the list goes on.
The YouTube reviewers giving this average flavor are wrong, they have the coils too high and too much wick, simple as that, this is a flavor and cloud beast and that's not easy to get both.

The bottom of the coil needs to sit flush with the bottom grub screws and it needs wicking like the original OBS Engine, don't fill the whole of the wick holes, leave a gap at the bottom for a full on saturated vape. No spitback, no leaking, no gurgling, filled with airflow open, no condensation on your mod either which really bugs me.

It's a tiny tank for 5ml too and will look good on most mods, I don't mind the fact it's not a postless deck, it's easy to build on and just works.

My only slight con is it whistles a bit fully open, the slightest of turns and it goes away.

Fully recommend this one, superb RTA.

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Five Rolos in the house here since they came out. Hard life and never a problem. Got one today with a valian.

Aliens are hit or miss. Him had battery door issues early on. Wife's has 58k puffs until something shiney came along.
Rolo's here are chocolate sweets, first thing that popped into my head, now I want some :)

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Update on the Boreas V2 (already ?)

Rewicked just to make sure, yup, this tank doesn't dry hit or leak. If it does, it's user error. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Edit, hate the drip tip, lip cheese city after awhile, in goes the 810 Ultem from Vandy Vape... ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I like the Minikin V2 over the Battlestar. Nicer looking, round edges and a good working TC.

A little Mesh on the Drag, it's quite the novelty RDA. ;)
Mesh & Drag.jpg

I actually had to borrow some cotton, Rayon is NOT the wick of choice when using the mesh. :shock:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Like these? ;)

rolo4_2.jpg
Yay, save me the last one woot woot :)
Then all the magic smoke would get out.... :D

Now you have me curious, damn you...:pervy: :lol:
The solder around the 510 is awful and the gauge wire made me laugh out loud, you could sew with it LOL

For the price of that mod, it's a joke. Of course all this can be easily fixed but it was rather funny all the same.

Last edited:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I have a RX 2/3 which is a nice mod but, it only works with the dual 18650 door, the triple door doesn’t make contact as the door contact in the mod gets hung up by the mods body if I remember right. Was going to return it but never got around to it, also got it from VapeNW which I have bought a few mods from and all were the very early models..

I like the Minikin V2 over the Battlestar. Nicer looking, round edges and a good working TC.

A little Mesh on the Drag, it's quite the novelty RDA. ;)
View attachment 701153
I actually had to borrow some cotton, Rayon is NOT the wick of choice when using the mesh. :shock:
How do you like the Drag? Also which Color choice is that? Most I see for sale has the Carbon Fiber look on the side lol

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I have a RX 2/3 which is a nice mod but, it only works with the dual 18650 door, the triple door doesn’t make contact as the door contact in the mod gets hung up by the mods body if I remember right. Was going to return it but never got around to it, also got it from VapeNW which I have bought a few mods from and all were the very early models..

How do you like the Drag? Also which Color choice is that? Most I see for sale has the Carbon Fiber look on the side lol
Black resin versions are nice.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

I love the Drag the more I use it. Works fantastic, INSTANT fire as soon as you hit that button, balanced charging and a great battery life. The TCR stuff is a bit odd, you have to tweak the values. It has some sharpish corners (if you have man girl hands) and the battery door has a little bit of play. You can put a tiny strip of painter's tape in the top edge of the case, that gets rid of all the play completely and it's not visible.

For $35 it was a steal, but it's not one of the fancy black ones... Those are on sale right now for $40 :w00t:
VOOPOO DRAG 157W TC Box MOD W/O Battery - $39.99

Get one, you know you want one!! :drool: :D :drool:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread