Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So what black Friday toys will or have you been buying ?

Sexy female styled robots. 15% off from FT. These look to be really good 1:1 clones and are way more affordable. Hopefully sturdy and reliable too. I got the one that has a built in vape calculator and can DIY for me during the downtime.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Happy Thanksgiving to Y'alls !!!

Here in the UK I get no thanks so I ain't doing no giving lol..

Black Friday deal on a Captain 20700, couldn't pass that offer up, same price as 2 20700 batteries, which are free with this mod anyway, I was getting some more batteries today so may as well get a free mod. On top of that they bundled in some free juice, winner all round.

Never had the captain mod before, got it in gunmetal, another one to the collection.

:)

And what were Ijoy thinking !! They make the Captain X3 (3x20700) triple box mod.

All that power, all that space and it only takes a 26mm tank max, how bloody ridiculous is that.
Don't expect too much out of the Captain, it works in power mode and the TC is totally non functional. The latest firmware from iJoy V1.5 has fixed it so it actually reads resistance properly now. They have also added a very nice feature to that firmware update. If your baseline cold resistance or TCR value is off a little bit it will fire the coil at full power instead of dropping out to power mode or throwing a TCR error message. 200+W on a dual 8 wrap 24g SS430 coil is a lovely time, I still cough thinking about it... I always build for a heat flux of 250, this was well up over 600. It doesn't do it immediately either, when the Captain realizes the coil isn't performing as it should, it stomps that loud pedal to the floor. :lol: :lol:

We have compiled a proper list of issues with the captain and presented it to iJoy for repair, but all they do is look at you and blink... :glare:

At least GeekVape listens to it's users.

Reactions: DavidOck

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Don't expect too much out of the Captain, it works in power mode and the TC is totally non functional. The latest firmware from iJoy V1.5 has fixed it so it actually reads resistance properly now. They have also added a very nice feature to that firmware update. If your baseline cold resistance or TCR value is off a little bit it will fire the coil at full power instead of dropping out to power mode or throwing a TCR error message. 200+W on a dual 8 wrap 24g SS430 coil is a lovely time, I still cough thinking about it... I always build for a heat flux of 250, this was well up over 600. It doesn't do it immediately either, when the Captain realizes the coil isn't performing as it should, it stomps that loud pedal to the floor. [emoji38] [emoji38]

We have compiled a proper list of issues with the captain and presented it to iJoy for repair, but all they do is look at you and blink... :glare:

At least GeekVape listens to it's users.
Huh... I have no issues with my Captain in TC...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017

Well, I bought a VooPoo DRAG earlier this week. LOL, I couldn't wait for the Black Friday deals! It should come in Saturday. Woo hoo!!!

Um, I also got a Wismec Neutron RDA, and a Govad RDA. The Wismec *should* be here tomorrow, and the Govad on Tuesday. But I ordered those earlier this week too. Then a bunch of cheap clones from FastTech (I don't even remember what).

LOL - I'm shooting for "the perfect build deck" - I don't think I will find it - but it's fun shopping for it~~!!~~

Even with all that I am spending - I am *still* saving money over my old pack-a-day habit. Plus, now that I am winding my own coils and making my own juices, it's pretty much just new toys that have become the main expense. The "consumables" (juice and wire and wick) are fairly cheap now.

;-)

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
p.s.

"Consider a turkey that is fed every day.

"Every single feeding will firm up the bird's belief that it is the general rule of life to be fed every day by friendly members of the human race 'looking out for its best interests,' as a politician would say.

"On the afternoon of the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, something unexpected will happen to the turkey. It will incur a revision of belief."

turkey taleb.png

Reactions: Rixsta

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Huh... I have no issues with my Captain in TC...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I didn't figure you would...

There were quite a few of us in the Captain thread than had major issues. The TCR values only go to 200 so you can't use any NiFe wire. Also when you have it in TCR M1 or M2 mode and take the batteries out to charge them, the Captain will reset back to power mode when you put the batteries back in. So if you are using SS430 wire which does fall into the limited TCR input range, you will have to setup TCR mode again after charging.

This is the third firmware iJoy released, I doubt we will see another one. My Captain has been relegated to a tertiary backup mod, in power mode with a Aromamizer Plus and a pair of VTC4 batteries.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yay!

My first post in this thread.

Happy Thanksgiving All.

I'm going to buy some bulk nicotine at an online vendor. LOL, that's my exciting holiday.

Family too far away to visit and hammered with work from day job. Today is my day to get caught up on random stuff (and online shopping!)

[emoji3]

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
welcome to ya!

uhmmmmm.........I got some plastic palette knives and a silicone top thingy for my coffee cup to steep tea and keep it warm, or keep my coffee warm. Jup, Imma big spender....... a whole $6 and change :D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Got some Real Flavors super concentrates in today and mixed up some Pink Burst.

They call for 1-2.5% but I've heard they are weak so I went ahead and did 3% cause I'm addicted to more. More everything!!!!

After a hot water steep I', rocking it in a Dead Rabbit and a Valrian.

Super impressed so far.

Also of note my Blazer ceramic coils came and I put one in a TFV8. Good lord thats some good vaping. .6Ω at 100w and hold onto your seat.

Also started looking at the Engine Nano as a tootle puffer. 26ga SS at .6Ω and 25w. Not bad. Strangely addictive but I don't get any flavor off it. In an odd turn of events I started using TC. Now TC with SS I didn't think works but I had the nao on a Kamrey Universal (the Lil' Whittler) and said what the heck. It works great. 20 dollar mod go figger. So now I'm like I wish I still had a DNA mod. But wait don't I have a DNA 200 somewhere?? Off on a hunt and BOOM I do have an old one (Oct 2015). So I hook her up to the PC and give her all updates and service packs and what not. Put her on the same settings the kamery is on and take a vape. Soooooooooo 20 minutes later I'm up off the floor after nearly dying from by far the worst dry hit I have ever taken and the DNA is back to the garbage heap and the Kamery is waiting for its soon to be rewicked Nano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread