Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It seems like more and more people are leaning towards the Avocado 24 over the Theorem. If you had to pick just one which would it be?

I'd like to pick up one or the other, but having trouble deciding. I like a warm, dense, and flavorful vape, my go-to build these days is dual 26gx40g fused claptons in my Petri. I'd like to have something to run single coils in, with a preference for flavor vs clouds.

Just my thoughts after using the Theorem for a short while:

This thing is, overall, a PITA.

-It is difficult to fill. I routinely have to push my wicks over to get juice to go down the fill port. What makes it extra fun is that it needs to be filled often.

-the o-rings are way to tight, even just to pull the top cap off to fill it. And every time I want to break it down, I'm surprised the glass doesn't shatter to bits. (I am certain it will, sooner then later)

-the airflow adjustment is obnoxious.

All of these awesome features coupled with marginal flavor at best, there are better options out there.

Reactions: Zombo

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I don't have the 24 Avocado, and wont, but I've got the original, I honestly don't think the flavor on it is as good as the Theorom with the builds I've tried so far at least. It's muted and almost "sterile" compared to the Theorom. No idea why there would be that much difference in flavors as the designs are so close to each other.

Reactions: RT5A

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just my thoughts after using the Theorem for a short while:

This thing is, overall, a PITA.

-It is difficult to fill. I routinely have to push my wicks over to get juice to go down the fill port. What makes it extra fun is that it needs to be filled often.

-the o-rings are way to tight, even just to pull the top cap off to fill it. And every time I want to break it down, I'm surprised the glass doesn't shatter to bits. (I am certain it will, sooner then later)

-the airflow adjustment is obnoxious.

All of these awesome features coupled with marginal flavor at best, there are better options out there.

It sounds to me that you haven't quite got the wicking right. I haven't ever had to move my wicks over to fill. I just create a gap when I install them and that's it - done. Also, the flavour on mine is really good. In fact, that's it's strong point IMO.

I agree the air flow is a pain, but tbh I'd sooner have that style than one that you constantly need to adjust because it rotates. Once this is set up - it's done!

Don't give up on it yet. A very good vape can be had with the theorem. I continue to enjoy mine.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
OK,so I've had mine for a couple weeks. Overall I am pretty disappointed. Its awkward to build on because of the raised deck. The airflow is a pain to adjust and keep that way. the notch coil guzzled juice, wicking and batteries. The first glass broke yesterday and flavor is mediocre at best. If I lost it today I'd be sad about the money I spent on it more than the fact it was actually gone. I hope the rest of you are having better luck. But after having read some of the posts here it seems like this is a fail from wismec/jaybo. Kind of a shame because I love some of their other stuff.

There are some few quirks here and there, but totally loving this Theorem because of its flavor.

Pros:
1. Great Flavor (Best one out of the ones I tried including RTAs & RDAs
2. Great airflow option (subjective, i like the way it is. once you do it right i never have to change except when cleaning)
3. MTL (I`m a MTL vaper)

Cons:
1. 2ml or less liquid depends on the wick size.
2. Tight glass/ Hard to remove glass section when cleaning
3. Hard to fill (at first i`m having troubles but now i found a way to fill this easily using an unicorn bottle)

I don`t know. for me the pros outdone the cons. I found the best way to build it (for me) is a single coil 6 loops clapton 4mm (or any 1ohm resistance) with one open airflow at the front and a small/tight drip tip on 27-35watts. I like wide bore DT but when I tried it on the theorem half of its flavor was gone and returned it back to the original glass drip tip and the flavor was the best.

Definitely a flavor chaser and MTL atomizer. That`s all I have to say.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I just can't believe all the people that don't get flavor from it? What are you comparing it to that has better flavor? I'm not trying to be, well, anything subjective or censored, just asking? That's the ONE thing about it I DO like, decent flavor! Other than that, yeah, it's a POS!! I agree! But I'm getting great flavor and that's the ONLY reason I'm willing to fight with it's other problems!

Just got mine for about 3 days. Been tinkering around with the notch coil with lil success. Have yet to find the right setup.

But then to those who have problems with the glass section being too tight and also hard to fill her up. Here's what I do.

458453c277120872df3b28c91c02b1aa.jpg

Remove one O ring from the bottom. I had the same thing done to my fishbone rda. Slides on and off much more easier.

cca5c688a14352761e00c6c98f9052bb.jpg

d1a28c006c27184123e3c462272ee5db.jpg

For filling I'll just pop up the whole hood with the black blocker and fill in using the hole used by the block.

I have been using it straight for 3 days with no accidental dislodge at all.

Cheers,
Vape on

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

godofmods

Jun 23, 2015
i dont have the theorem yet ... still waiting on it.

but i have one question. why do you have to fill it through the tiny hole? cant you just dump the juice directly?
dump the juice right on the wick and the cotton will push it through. yes? no?

i dont see the purpose of the hole.
No. You have to do it through the hole because cotton absorbs liquid.

I hate "cloud Bros"

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
i dont have the theorem yet ... still waiting on it.

but i have one question. why do you have to fill it through the tiny hole? cant you just dump the juice directly?
dump the juice right on the wick and the cotton will push it through. yes? no?

i dont see the purpose of the hole.
No, the viscosity of the juice is too thick to go down besides the wicks. Even using the hole you have to hold your tongue right to get the juice to go in.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread