things to know about the Vortex carto "Stop hating them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpgtd

Apr 10, 2011
milwaukee, wi
gotvapes knows about some of these and is taking care of them. But do not let these stop you from getting them they are really great cartos if used correctly.
1 the mouth piece the biggest problem "they are fixing this just use a drip tip or the one from a fluxo"
2 leaking "do not fill to high cause when the cap get put on u will force juice through the holes"
3 burnt taste "do not use them at over 4.2 volts or do not use only vg juice"
4 tubes coming off "I use 2 part epoxy on the outside tube cause all that was there was a rubber cement"
5 juice in air tube "fill slow"

I have been using only these since i got them in and I love them. I use them on my infinity and a 510.
they work great and yes I have had some of the issues stated above and I have seen what cause them and relized what i needed to do. If you want something better do not complain about a product make it on your own. these guys are doing great work for the future of vaping.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
There has been some people ragging on these for some reason. They really are a huge improvement compared to the next best carto the ce2. I have been chain vaping a vortex for a couple days and haven't had a dry spot or burnt taste. And the best part is the flavor is still good. On an e2 if you hit a dry spot and burn juice the flavor gets off and a cleaning is the only remedy. These things have been great. I don't have to tilt my device up to make sure its getting juice or any of the other little things to get the most out of a ce2. I did have wicking issues at first but a quick fix of pulling the inner tube up a tiny bit has solved it. There are a few little things that could be improved but name one thing in vaping that doesn't. Vortex is the best by far.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
There has been some people ragging on these for some reason. They really are a huge improvement compared to the next best carto the ce2. I have been chain vaping a vortex for a couple days and haven't had a dry spot or burnt taste. And the best part is the flavor is still good. On an e2 if you hit a dry spot and burn juice the flavor gets off and a cleaning is the only remedy. These things have been great. I don't have to tilt my device up to make sure its getting juice or any of the other little things to get the most out of a ce2. I did have wicking issues at first but a quick fix of pulling the inner tube up a tiny bit has solved it. There are a few little things that could be improved but name one thing in vaping that doesn't. Vortex is the best by far.

yes they are the best. I use mine exclusively and going on 5 days without killing one. awesme post to bring out the finer points, should help most users. this is a forum site though. some people are whiny, cranky, only child kinda spoiled
and nothing can be done to keep them happy

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I'm going to post this here too since it might get lost in the main thread. I noticed a slow leak in mine from the battery connector when they were set upright on the battery connector. Long story short the cause of that was the drip tip. They don't leak for me with the stock caps but with a drip tip they will slowly leak each and every time.

So basically, if you have juice in them store them with the stock cap and you should be fine.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I'm glad they're working for you guys, but they just don't work for me. They're constantly burnt tasting after the first couple of hits, some leak because they're not sealed enough at the base, they have a vacuum related issue with juice flow and the filler wrap around the base of the cup seems to slow juice flowing to the wick. My juice is a 70/30 PG/VG mix that works with everything else.

Bobbye

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
DE
I'm glad they're working for you guys, but they just don't work for me. They're constantly burnt tasting after the first couple of hits, some leak because they're not sealed enough at the base, they have a vacuum related issue with juice flow and the filler wrap around the base of the cup seems to slow juice flowing to the wick. My juice is a 70/30 PG/VG mix that works with everything else.

What type of battery?

crazydog

Jul 11, 2009
I'd also like to add the Vortex doesn't seem to get along with extra amperage either. My parallel setup with 10430/10440's tasted like crap after the first hit. Once I read the post on too much voltage I took one out. Mucho better. Not entirely sold on these yet because my pv lives in my shirt pocket. we'll see how it handles that after a couple of hours climbing over motorcycles.

Last edited:

Ron44

Feb 12, 2011
NY
I have been using four (different flavor in each) for almost two weeks, rotating at will on a Riva battery & pass-thru. Juice in the tube - twice - my fault. Drip tip does not "grip" the tube. When layed on it'side - it allows juice to leak into air tube. I stand them upright or store them with the original cap. Travelling: I took the guts out of a 3AA battery box. Stores three, one with drip tip. I like them. No complaints. Lots of vape. I'm buying more. Tough choice between Vortex & Turbine.

Last edited:

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
Holy mother of ancient threads!!!

LOL...

I love my vortex, though they ARE finicky (sp?). I notice they are more fragile than the fluxomizers, I think they are made out of glass, not plastic. At least that's what it feels like to me. A short drop on the floor and it cracks and it's no good. Since I'm still new and was referred to certain sites to get started, I have been purchasing my e-juice at 100% VG. I notice that the different flavors have different affects on the vortex. Butter rum is one I like but it gunks up the sides of the glass and it cannot be removed. I've tried to soak in rubbing alcohol with no effect. The other juices seem to be okay. Amaretto 100% VG but then I received a replacement juice because I had ordered irish coffee which I did not like at all. Tasted burnt and I know I was at the right voltage and ohms but really didn't like it. Replacement came in and with it, I had asked for an 80/20 mix VG/PG. Flavor is blackberry champagne....OMG. I vaped two full vortexes while watching WARRIOR last night. Love love love it and I also like that the e-juice is clean and clear, almost transparent but throat hit and flavor off of these vortexes are INCREDIBLE! Wonder how it will hit with the vornado. I don't have any equipment lower than 4.2 volts (batteries from V2 the extra long one and the usb passthrough is at 5.1 volts), so I'm looking forward to seeing the hype on the 510's and the lower voltages, though I won't be able to use the vortex on the vornado's yet cause I forgot to order the adaptor.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that vortexes are great but they are fragile and finnicky but once you understand how to use 'em, they are awesome....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread