Vortex Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Yes there is no primer used in these at all....

Got mine today. Didn't really have to let it sit. I filled it, started to vape right away. It did get better after few minutes, but it wasn't bad from the start. What a wonderful product this is... 1.2ml of juice and lasts several hours with constant vaping. Good stuff. Also, no primer taste at all (not using it?) and flavor really comes through.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Oh nooo, please dont tell me that, I just ordered a bunch. and a 510 adapter so my brother can use them as well.

I only bought a pack of 5 to try, and only tried 2 so far. I filled them up and let them sit a good hour standing up before I even tried it. I got a couple of good hits, but keep getting dry hits every time I try it now. Actually one of them I only get dry hits from haven't even got a good hit from it.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I only bought a pack of 5 to try, and only tried 2 so far. I filled them up and let them sit a good hour standing up before I even tried it. I got a couple of good hits, but keep getting dry hits every time I try it now. Actually one of them I only get dry hits from haven't even got a good hit from it.

Bert, that sucks, no pun intended. I bought 3 packs thinking they were going to be the 'bomb'. you using a standard 808? I've got an IGO, I hope mine work. I'm thinking if this is the case with you, then theyre definitely going to suck for my brother, who will be using a 510 adapter as well.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi Meems, answered Bert on another thread but Bert is using 100% VG so not sure of its viscosity...if you are using a 100% VG the price you can pay at times is you can't chain vape on certain devices, just a matter of physics...

Everyone else seems to be doing great on them (including Chris and I for two full months before we released these), check both threads.

edit: by the way I ONLY used mine with a 510 to 808 adapter, the adapter won't affect anything.

Oh nooo, please dont tell me that, I just ordered a bunch. and a 510 adapter so my brother can use them as well.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Hi Meems, answered Bert on another thread but Bert is using 100% VG so not sure of its viscosity...if you are using a 100% VG the price you can pay at times is you can't chain vape on certain devices, just a matter of physics...

Everyone else seems to be doing great on them (including Chris and I for two full months before we released these), check both threads.

whew', oh good thats a relief, thanks Danno. I'm using Backwoods Brew juices, I think theyre 50/50 or close to it.

Meems

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
whew', oh good thats a relief, thanks Danno. I'm using Backwoods Brew juices, I think theyre 50/50 or close to it.

Meems

BWB is 70/30 pg/vg

I responded in the other thread as well.

I have PG sensitivities and have to vape VG. I had to give up on BWB juices as well.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
BWB is 70/30 pg/vg

I responded in the other thread as well.

I have PG sensitivities and have to vape VG. I had to give up on BWB juices as well.

Bert, what were your sensitivities?, just curious, i find in some of my juices, i get a nasty headache, but i was thinking that was probably from chain vaping at times. I'm usually doing 12mg, and most of my bwb's that are coming are going to be 6mg, ..so yah, not sure if thats a sensitivy issue, or a vaping too much issue...probably more like a two large coffees a day and no water' issue..heh.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Bert, what were your sensitivities?, just curious, i find in some of my juices, i get a nasty headache, but i was thinking that was probably from chain vaping at times. I'm usually doing 12mg, and most of my bwb's that are coming are going to be 6mg, ..so yah, not sure if thats a sensitivy issue, or a vaping too much issue...probably more like a two large coffees a day and no water' issue..heh.

I get a sore throat and my teeth hurt.

sluers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Shrewsbury, PA
I got my Vortex cartos in today. I have one word "AWESOME". These babies Rock. Ripped open the package, filled one with Peanut Butter Cookie, popped a drip tip on, put it on my BombShell mod using the 510/808 adapter, and vaped my eyeballs out. Perfect from the first vape. The flavor is great, the vapor is super, I finally know what a TH is, and I am working on my second refill.

Whats the chances of making these just a little bit bigger and getting a stopper on top (just in case my bombshell should turn over. You know the cat can knock it over! LOL I sure do love this cat and I would hate if anything should happen to him.)

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
And the VG you dont have either of those problems?
Interesting. Might have to try a vg juice, i also get a sore throat, not harsh, but mild sore throat. Thanks Bert.

Nope, But with some VG juices I get a little phlegmy. Not a big deal for me. With PG my throat gets very sore and my teeth start hurting really bad. I vaped for 7 months with no problems, then I started to get a PG sensitivity.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
im using a vgpg at 75%vg and 25%pg on 2 right now just to test for you and both are working smoothly, ill make a video of it, this juice is very thick and no wicking issues and i let it soak for 40 seconds.

you could attempt for test purposes to pry off a tube on one and remove the filter and place it back together and fill it and test it. maybe something in the juice is inpeeding the wicking

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
im using a vgpg at 75%vg and 25%pg on 2 right now just to test for you and both are working smoothly, ill make a video of it, this juice is very thick and no wicking issues and i let it soak for 40 seconds.

you could attempt for test purposes to pry off a tube on one and remove the filter and place it back together and fill it and test it. maybe something in the juice is inpeeding the wicking

That was going to be my next step. 2 different juices though, so not likely something in the juice.

I'll take one apart tomorrow, and I'll see.

I did order them after seeing your video, So I did have some hope.

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
The mailman delivered my Vortex order today,,,,the most anticipated and impatiently awaked new vaping accessory I can remember for me since the arrival of my first e-cig,
I only ordered a single 5 pack of 2.7 ohm Vortex and may try to order a lower ohm one next time as well as these,
First the negative,
The wait was too long,
Also I don't like the soft rubber tip, It is uncomfortable to me because it feels insecure since often I grip my e-cig between my teeth while working with both hands. Also when I put my PV in my pocket and then took it out later, the mouthpiece came off in my pocket, Good thing I wasn't sitting or had it upside down in my pocket or I would have had a couple of ml of juice running down my pants, I laid it on my workspace later and noticed that without moving it, the mouthpiece started to work it's way out of the tube, Later, I had it in my pocket again when I went to the bathroom and upon taking it out (the PV), the mouthpiece fell right into the toilet. Not good.
I put a delrin drip in it's place and it has worked fine and fitted perfectly.
On to the review:
VERY easy to fill,,,you can simply drip down the side of the carto to fill it up and because it is clear you can see when it is full,,,and it holds a ton of juice.
I tried it with my Riva 901, a 510 flashlight mod with an adapter, a V2 battery and a generic auto battery,
Vapor production is incredible, (KBV Snickerdoodle, one of my favorites),,,and very consistent,
Taste is excellent,,,again, and very consistent while normally I notice a fall off of flavor from my Snickerdoodle as I vape it,
Warm full mouthful of vapor and mild throat hit although with my generic 808 which normally is a bit harsh for me, the th is wonderful,
Most of all, all of the experiences are consistent and consistently good and fulfilling, Great Vapor, Great flavor,,,good th,
I am confused with people saying they get a burnt taste, I have tried to kill this carto and can't do it. I've hit 10 sec drags one after another and besides warming the vapor more, everything else remains the same wonderful experience,
I have now finally drained my Vortex by vaping several hours and still can't get a burned taste from it, Seriously, I don't know what the other people are talking about because I absolutely cannot burn it.
One other thing, Because there is no filler, should you fill it with something and decide that isn't what you really wanted. just take off the mouthpiece and pour the juice back in the bottle. Then refill.
I haven't tried to clean this one yet,,,,I think it will be easy and work well for a long time if the atty lasts in it,
Bottom line, I love it,,,it is the most consistent and longest lasting vape I've experienced and love the way the vapor and flavor stays the same throughout the entire carto fill, Amazing,
Just lose the mouthpiece, Very, very bad,

I'm off to GotVapes to order some more,,,along with some more drip tips,

UPDATE:
I just tried my Vortex with a 5V passthru and found it a bit hot for me but I'm finding everything hot and harsh at 5V lately so those of you into the higher voltages may love it, It still delivers everything as advertised,,,just too hot and harsh at 5V like everything else lately for me.
I emptied the carto and filled it with one of my DIY's that I love,,,,100%VG Chocolate-Hazelnut-Expresso @ 20mg N.......
Absolutely wonderful, Overvaping the VG makes it hot but still doesn't give me a burned taste at all,
I think the Vortex is wonderful,
IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread