Thinking about a Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
I said it.. Yes, I am looking at the provari. I figured that my next lava tube v2 is doomed to fail. I want what I never had for the lava tube V2, an honest review. I want to know the pros and cons, I want to know the issues anyone has had with it. I don't want fan-boys, I want the meat and potatoes. Yes, I want the dirt on the provari, so that I can see if it is worth the 200 that needs to be dropped for it...

mayday_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
st louis MO
TBH im trying to find the issue with the provari other than cost and its hard to do everything works well and does what it says the same vape every time and durable as heck. I would say the weight is a flaw but once you get used to it you grow to like the weight because you always know its in your pocket. The batteries are great try as i might the 1490s still last me all day and the feel in the hand is superb. Would i like more buttons or a more advanced screen? maybe but then the more buttons the more likely to break and the screen currently is durable like no other. I think if you want a bulletproof piece of equipment that works every time youll love it.:toast: hope this helped you

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I was facing the same choice: a Provari or something else. I've been cigarette-free for a year on April 22. I've been lucky with my Chinese APV. The E-Power 14650 has been serving me faithfully since November of 2011 so I don't have that need to look down on Chinese APVs that a lot of vapers do.

So, for less then half the price of a Provari I bought a Sigelei Zmax Telescopic (flat top) last week. So far, so good. I love the thing. Huge improvement with true voltage regulation and variable power! On the negative side it's a little longer than the Provari at all battery configurations: 1x18650, 1x18500/18490, 1x18350. The Sigelei also does 2x18350 but I'm not going there. The longer length doesn't bother me. I'll be using the Sigelei with 1x18500 which is a perfect pocket size for me. On the plus side the Sigelei is variable voltage and variable power (variable watt). The Provari isn't. I also like the look of the Sigelei telescopic flat top better than the Provari.

I giving the Sigelei a good try. If things don't work as well as they did with my E-Power 14650 I can afford to spring for a Provari.

Pathology

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Vienna, IL
The only flaw I see from mine is lack of VW. I actually just judge by taste, so I prefer VV personally. If VW is a must-have, then its missing here. Also, you can't go very low on resistance for your atomizers. The lowest I've gone is 0.9ohms and it was set very low on Voltage to get it to fire. So again, if this is your thing...its missing. I prefer somewhere between 1.5ohms-2.0ohms...and it fires just fine at a decently high voltage. The one button menu system also takes some time to get used to, but once you learn it...its second nature.

Other than those 2 things, its built like a tank and it works...flawlessly...every time. Its a VV PV, checks your battery, checks your atomizer ohms for you, and you can turn the button light on and off. Its built to be safe, so it won't zap itself. The customer service is second to none. It comes with a year warranty, and an additional year can be purchased. Its also able to be upgraded if they come out with a later version.

Really you can't go wrong. Yeah, VW is missing, but VV works just as well. If VW is something important to you, you can always calculate your wattage. Yeah, it doesn't take low resistance to a certain extent, but I've never been held back by it. And yeah, the menu system is a bit limited by the one button, but I can now use and control my device by not even looking at the display.

The rest is up to you. I found the price to be worth it. In just under 2 months it completely paid for itself being off analogs. Also, it will last the test of time. My opinion was...why not?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I am not sure how much smokes are in ND but in NY they are $10 and I was a 1.5 PAD smoker. So for the cost of 2 weeks of cigs I can buy a Provari. Yes there are other less expensive MOD's out there but this thing is built to last. Hold a cheaper version then grab a Provari and there is a huge difference. I have the first generation and it has 2+ years of flawless performance. It has been dropped several times and other than a few dings it still looks and works like the day I got it. It sees daily use and I would not hesitate to buy another if mine was lost.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
There is a nice thing about variable power (variable watt) on the Sigelei. Set it for say, 6.0 watts on your 2.0 ohm LR device. Take off the device and screw on a 3.0 ohm. The Sigelei will fire it at 6.0 watts: no need to reset voltage. It also remembers the power setting during battery changes.

So does a Provari.

If someone wants VW, that's fine, I just don't care about it personally.

Pathology

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Vienna, IL
I would wait for the V3 (Provari) to come out with VW, they have to add this feature as many people are buying other mods just for the VW availability.

You'll be waiting quite awhile. The v2.5 just came out a couple of months ago..

Also, as stated, they have no interest in VW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread