Thinking about Provari Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
LOL maybe it is Greenfield..too many "Greens"! Greenfield, Greencastle, Greenwood..it's a all green! Should be all purple....JK! They (Kokomo) didn't have much in juices IMO..I think like one kind. Indy Ecigs in Broad Ripple has Vermillion, Niquid and five pawns. Don's vapor in broad Ripple has ECBlends and he was looking into other vendors. I haven't been to Indy Vapor's new location yet and I want to hit Hoosiers Vapor because they are highly talked about here on ECF

I have been to dons in broad ripple, and I did like the ec blends, that he has, I have not heard of indy ecigs though. I went to indy vapor shop's new place about a week ago, big improvement over the closet that they did have.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
LOL maybe it is Greenfield..too many "Greens"! Greenfield, Greencastle, Greenwood..it's a all green! Should be all purple....JK! They (Kokomo) didn't have much in juices IMO..I think like one kind. Indy Ecigs in Broad Ripple has Vermillion, Niquid and five pawns. Don's vapor in broad Ripple has ECBlends and he was looking into other vendors. I haven't been to Indy Vapor's new location yet and I want to hit Hoosiers Vapor because they are highly talked about here on ECF

Most of what I heard about all 3 have been good. I just placed a large ECBlends order.
This is a first order with them. Anything I don't like I'm giving to my vaping friends.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Most of what I heard about all 3 have been good. I just placed a large ECBlends order.
This is a first order with them. Anything I don't like I'm giving to my vaping friends.

I like ECBlends a lot. Their prices are good and I like all the customizing options. However, I stay away from the Create Your Own Flavor selection. All the ones I created sounded good, but were a disaster.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I like ECBlends a lot. Their prices are good and I like all the customizing options. However, I stay away from the Create Your Own Flavor selection. All the ones I created sounded good, but were a disaster.

I figured eventually I'll find a vendor whose juices I actually like.
Have ordered from Ahlusion- made the mistake of mentioning in the Alhusion forum I didn't like a particular juice (Mango Lassi) and was met with a bunch of people who basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about because the masses liked it.
Funny cause out the other side of their mouths they like to say taste is subjective.....imagine that.
If I get one bad juice from somewhere I'm not in any hurry to try out their other flavors and if I do go back I'll buy something I previously liked.

Nicoticket just shipped but they were kind enough to let it be known 50ml bottles are made fresh and need time to form.
Hopefully theirs and ECB won't taste like alcohol.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Have ordered from Ahlusion- made the mistake of mentioning in the Alhusion forum I didn't like a particular juice (Mango Lassi) and was met with a bunch of people who basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about because the masses liked it.
Funny cause out the other side of their mouths they like to say taste is subjective.....imagine that.
If I get one bad juice from somewhere I'm not in any hurry to try out their other flavors and if I do go back I'll buy something I previously liked.

Nicoticket just shipped but they were kind enough to let it be known 50ml bottles are made fresh and need time to form.

As long as you didn't order an alcohol flavor. I like buttered rum and have tried it from several vendors, ECBlend included. In every instance when I opened the package it smelled like a broken bottle of Bacardi, they all mellowed out though. I won a freebie in a contest, which I think I liked the best, but when I went to the site to order more, the price was high, I didn't want anything else, and she only offered Priority Shipping. No way I'm going to pay $12 for a 15ml bottle unless it's so fantastic I'm drooling over it. ECBlend's came in second, well possibly first, since I could make it sweeter.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I haven't had luck w/EC Blends except Dragon's Leaf. Five Pawns Gambit was awesome at the B&M, ordered the sample pack and it tasted weird. But love FP's Grandmaster. A little too sweet but I vape it after dinner and its like my dessert. LOLOL.

And I'm trying out Ahl right now and have to say, I'm one who loves Mango Lassi..just ordered more. I've got about 5-6 ADV but looking for a few more in the rotation so they don't loose their taste on me from vaping them too much.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I haven't had luck w/EC Blends except Dragon's Leaf. Five Pawns Gambit was awesome at the B&M, ordered the sample pack and it tasted weird. But love FP's Grandmaster. A little too sweet but I vape it after dinner and its like my dessert. LOLOL.

And I'm trying out Ahl right now and have to say, I'm one who loves Mango Lassi..just ordered more. I've got about 5-6 ADV but looking for a few more in the rotation so they don't loose their taste on me from vaping them too much.

Mango Lassi tasted like rubbing alcohol against the back of my throat....I guess that was supposed to be 'throat hit'.
This would literally cut off all air and have me up in here gasping for breath.
I ordered from the Xpress line which requires no steeping- today makes a month I''ve had it and still the same thing happens.
This'll be one I give away.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
My head is spinning from shopping the last couple of says, spent quite a bit and didn't even scratch the surface of all I wanted :facepalm:

Vapemail coming:

ProVari Mini w/extender
Two AW-IMR 18490 batts
Nitcore i2 Charger
Plastic Batt case
Innokin 130 tank
Aurora tank
510 to ego adapter

Just got yesterday:
ProTank 2
Tumbler-just cuz I liked the purple
2 new drip tips

I haven't even ventured into the carto-tanks yet and my budget is beyond busted...yikes

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago

I think my expectations for Ahlusion were too high. Because I will be honest, I was mildly disappointed in the juices I sampled from them. I was expecting my socks to be blown off based on most others' comments and reviews. I have only tried the Cha Yen Clove (meh), the Cha Yen Cardamom (the only one of the bunch that I somewhat liked, but my husband said it smelled "stinky" when I vaped it), Mojito Cubano (meh) and Ginger Apple Tea (meh - and the one I was most looking forward to, based on its description). None of them were tank-scrubbers, but none were standouts, either.

And I'm just like you, ScandaLeX - I'm not in any hurry to try out anything else from them at the moment. There are too many other vendors' juices out there I have yet to try and really want to.

Top of my list of as-yet-untried vendors: Vapor Chef, Tasty Vapor (specifically their clove "Kretek"), and ECBlends.

Last edited:

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Damn, 1 positive for Mango Lassi and 1 negative for Mango Lassi.

AngiBe, I've had luck with ECBlends Dragon's Tear and Dragon's Milk; I just ended up not liking the flavor of Dragon's Milk. Also, you've got enough new stuff to deal with, give yourself time to experience all of it...you'll get to the carto stuff in due time. :thumb:

Last edited:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
My head is spinning from shopping the last couple of says, spent quite a bit and didn't even scratch the surface of all I wanted :facepalm:

Vapemail coming:

ProVari Mini w/extender
Two AW-IMR 18490 batts
Nitcore i2 Charger
Plastic Batt case
Innokin 130 tank
Aurora tank
510 to ego adapter

Just got yesterday:
ProTank 2
2 new drip tips

I haven't even ventured into the carto-tanks yet and my budget is beyond busted...yikes

You've been a busy gal!

And my list of "damages" was strikingly similar a few weeks ago. :oops:

One thing I don't see on your list, but would recommend, is one of these: Safe Charging Bag. Especially if you don't plan on babysitting your batteries while they are charging. For me, at least, the relative cost of the item as compared to my peace of mind made it a must-have.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I think my expectations for Ahlusion were too high. Because I will be honest, I was mildly disappointed in the juices I sampled from them. I was expecting my socks to be blown off based on most others' comments and reviews. I have only tried the Cha Yen Clove (meh), the Cha Yen Cardamom (the only one of the bunch that I somewhat liked, but my husband said it smelled "stinky" when I vaped it), Mojito Cubano (meh) and Ginger Apple Tea (meh - and the one I was most looking forward to, based on its description). None of them were tank-scrubbers, but none were standouts, either.

And I'm just like you, ScandaLeX - I'm not in any hurry to try out anything else from them at the moment. There are too many other vendors' juices out there I have yet to try and really want to.

Top of my list of as-yet-untried vendors: Vapor Chef, Tasty Vapor (specifically their clove "Kretek"), and ECBlends.

I'm not gonna lie, my four Ahlusion flavors I first purchased are still not close to my liking, at all. I have Cafe Au Lait (too strong right now), Chocolate Hazelnut (zero taste/smell right now) Spiced Pumpkin Latte (see one previously-zero anything) Mojito Cubano (huh? What is this). Someone in Alh forum was kind enough to send me steeped samples of Smooth Criminal (YIKES cigar anyone?) Ice Kiss (pretty good, but I'm not a peppermint fan) and Mango Lassi-Heaven Sent. If it weren't for this flavor and I can taste where the juices can get to after steeping, I wouldn't have looked at them again.

So, I'm not sure what the heck is going on so bought five more samples..I'll give it another go, we'll see.

You've been a busy gal!

And my list of "damages" was strikingly similar a few weeks ago. :oops:

One thing I don't see on your list, but would recommend, is one of these: Safe Charging Bag. Especially if you don't plan on babysitting your batteries while they are charging. For me, at least, the relative cost of the item as compared to my peace of mind made it a must-have.

DAMN IT! I looked at that bag ten times..I wasn't sure if it was needed. Now ur scaring me...what do u mean babysit my batteries? Like do I have to stare at them while charging and make sure it doesn't blow my house down? I won't leave them on overnight or when I'm gone but plz fill me in. Thx!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Damn, 1 positive for Mango Lassi and 1 negative for Mango Lassi.

AngiBe, I've had luck with ECBlends Dragon's Tear and Dragon's Milk; I just ended up not liking the flavor of Dragon's Milk. Also, you've got enough new stuff to deal with, give yourself time to experience all of it...you'll get to the carto stuff in due time. :thumb:

ECBlends for me just don't have enough layers/complexity to the flavors. It's so wild how everyone has such diff tastes. I'm done for now buying juices..heck I still have some on the PIF/Swap forums with more to add :(

And yes, your right..I've got enough on my plate to play with when the ProVari/tanks all come in that carto stuff have to wait. My hope is at least one of the tanks does the trick and I can just get more replacement coils so my husband doesn't blow a gasket when he sees all these credit card bills!

Not to mention, we are redoing the basement so there's furniture bills coming too! I am def done for awhile, I mean it this time! I think this will be the fifteenth time saying that, but I really mean it this time. No, really...:blush:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

Vapemail coming:

ProVari Mini w/extender
Two AW-IMR 18490 batts
Nitcore i2 Charger
Plastic Batt case
Innokin 130 tank
Aurora tank
510 to ego adapter

Just got yesterday:
ProTank 2
2 new drip tips

What color?

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
DAMN IT! I looked at that bag ten times..I wasn't sure if it was needed. Now ur scaring me...what do u mean babysit my batteries? Like do I have to stare at them while charging and make sure it doesn't blow my house down? I won't leave them on overnight or when I'm gone but plz fill me in. Thx!

I don't charge overnight, either. And I charge them in my home office, so I am often sitting right next to the charger while the batteries are in it. But not 100% of the time. (This is what I meant by "babysitting" - being right there next to the charger while the batteries are in it in the event that something goes wrong). I only use the AW IMR batteries and I now have what I believe to be a reputable, reliable charger (XTAR VP1). Of course the charging bag isn't needed in the sense that you can charge your batteries without one. I figured I'd pick up the charging bag as a relatively inexpensive additional safety measure, just on the off off off chance that something goes wrong while the batteries are charging. As I tell my clients, "Hope for the best, but plan for the worst."

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I think, hope and pray the Nitcore is also supposed to be a reliable charger. I wonder if I can just swing by a radio shack and buy that safety bag? Then I can pay cash..wink, wink..no credit card bill showing...

Or maybe somewhere like best buy..I know we have in town a place that sells all things/everything batteries. I bet they'd have it. Thx for letting me know about it. I swear, I put it in my cart and out again like three times and kept looking at it. I wonder why I couldn't do that with tanks..I put those in my cart and left them there! LOLOL

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread