Thread for cartomizer lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
I tried dual hole cartos and they wouldn't wick so I wanted to buy slotted cartos. Anyone have luck slotting 3 holes in a carto?

Magikhat , i have been a carto user for the past 2 years now mate , i do hope you are you filling the cartos correctly .
If i may . . fill the carto up with about 20 drops before u install it in the tank / punch the holes .
then after put it into the tank .

Also yes you can make 3 or even 4 holes if you like . i like 2 ,as only 1 hole dosen't seem to do the job right , infact i am smiling cause i have a boge 510 lr carto right in front of me in a 5 mil tank which i put only one hole in and its not wicking properly for me , and since the mrs is sleeping i cannot open the drawer and take my carto punch out :) , ill do it one she is up ...

I hope the above helps ya mate .
best wishes
Sahil

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I'm looking at the j tank because it looks nice and it is only $17
Can anyone recommend cartos? I like vaping at 5.5 on the provari. Should I get single coil 3ohm or dual coil 2.0. Any recommendations ?

I only use Boge single coil 3 ohm and they work great. I can't speak to the DC.

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
I'm looking at the j tank because it looks nice and it is only $17
Can anyone recommend cartos? I like vaping at 5.5 on the provari. Should I get single coil 3ohm or dual coil 2.0. Any recommendations ?
Boge makes 2-2.2 ohm ( Low res ) and 2.8-3.2 ohms ( Standrd Res ) I dont know of any dc's made by Boge .
Smoktec maked dual coils in various sizes and ohms , their Dual coils are " i think " 1.5 ohms .

I would go with the Boge standard res , they are very very good and i use them all the time .
Also you may want to pick up 1 or 2 of the smoktech dcc and 1or 2 of the Boge Lr to try out .

I have ALWAYS had flooding problems with the smoktec and also find the draw too tight for my liking , that said there are several friends of mine who will use nothing except the smokec dualcoils , also my flooding issues were with slots and not with punched holes :) therefore my suggestion of using a carto punch ...

eventually i would suggest you get , 2 of each and see which ones you like best .
2 boge sr , 2 boge lr , 2 smoktch 1.5 duals and maybe 2 smoktec single coil 1.7 ohm and also maybe 2 smoktech dual coil xls.

best wishes
Sahil .

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
If you want to order some and have them sent to me in IA I can have my hubbs slot them and send them out to you. We just bought that EZ lock thing that P Busardo recommends foe the dremil and it's awesome!
I am looking for cartomizers with slits, not holes. Only ones I can find are here

TurboFlow Tank Cartomizer

I want to buy a j tank and the website says to use slit cartos yet electronicstix.com dos not sell them, but they sell the j tanks.
J tanks take standard cartos so I couldn't use the ones on starlight vapor because they are xl size. Any help here??
i don't want to slit them myself.. Too much work and I don't own the equipment to do it

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Actually, slotting them at home is really simple. I just use a grinding wheel for a Dremel in my cordless drill. Only takes a minute.
I am vaping mostly 70/30 and sometimes 50/50. I have not has any flooding issues. I watched the Pbasardo vid to see how he does it.
I do it the same.
I stocked up on Cartos when Electronicstix had the dual coil Smoke's on sale for 75 cents a piece. And then bought a bunch through a couple of coops as well.
Like alot of others here, I tried and wanted to like the attys with wicking systems. They are really simple to clean, fill, rebuild, etc.
But everyone that I ever tried gave me a burnt flavor. I tried evry suggestion I found from others who like them, but I just couldt like them.
Now I dont even try them anymore. I LOVE a good carto in a tank. It is the only delivery system I use anymore.
BTW, my brother and my wife both love their clearos.

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
i fill the smaller condom up about 2/3 of the way then slowly push the carto in through the thread end. i let it sit till it soaks it in or i use the other condom and push it on top pushing the liquid into the poly fill. then i drip on to the sides a couple times and push the liquid down with the pressure from a condom on top while the bottom condom is still on. doesnt take more than 5 minutes for me.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
i fill the smaller condom up about 2/3 of the way then slowly push the carto in through the thread end. i let it sit till it soaks it in or i use the other condom and push it on top pushing the liquid into the poly fill. then i drip on to the sides a couple times and push the liquid down with the pressure from a condom on top while the bottom condom is still on. doesnt take more than 5 minutes for me.

I guess I just get impatient. They use to suck up juice really fast. Now, with the bottom condom still on I fill the carto to the brim and then slowly push the other condom cup over the top of the carto which pushes the juice down. Sounds similar to what you are doing. After I do this a couple times I spin the carto and refill until it's full. I use to be able to just fill from the bottom condom and I was good to go. Thanks for the info. :)

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
I guess I just get impatient. They use to suck up juice really fast. Now, with the bottom condom still on I fill the carto to the brim and then slowly push the other condom cup over the top of the carto which pushes the juice down. Sounds similar to what you are doing. After I do this a couple times I spin the carto and refill until it's full. I use to be able to just fill from the bottom condom and I was good to go. Thanks for the info. :)

anytime! i have more cartotanks then i do pv's now. time to re-up on some new pv's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread