To all noobs Save yourself time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durdan1

Sep 19, 2013
texas
After buying 1 mini protank and 1 unitank from kanger , I will say their products are trash. It's a shame these tanks are the ones with the most threads of flooding gurgurling. It takes time from you and your family with tinkering trying to make these tanks work. Let me tell it works good when it works, but the odds of it working good are very slim . I ordered the new i30 s and was amazed at such a hassle free vape,. Even after the first refill I was kinda scared because the protanks it was a hit or miss, usually a miss which was so disappointing but let me tell you! I refilled the i30 s and it vamped like a champ over and over again. So for now these protanks will go to the trash because I would not even give these to my worst enemy!!

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
Sorry you have had such issues with Kanger products. I have the PT 2, PT 2 mini, and several EVOD's and have had zero issues. I personally prefer BCC over top coils, but that's just me. Glad you're getting great results with the i30s tanks!

What Mark said. I know there's lots of threads on issues, but I tend to think that's because the products are so widely used - the more people using them, the more likely we're going to hear about errors of some sort or another (manufacturing, user, etc.).

That said, I've had all the ProTank products, and have never, ever - not even once! - had an issue with flooding or gurgling. I'd advise to check your set-up, make sure everything is always clean and fitting properly, read a few threads on problem solving, etc. before you throw the tanks away.

On the other hand, if you find another set-up that works for you with less hassle, then just go with that - no need to use the "latest and greatest" or most popular device!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'm glad you really like the i30's. Part of the journey is finding equipment you like. Rather than trash the Protanks, you can pay it forward and give them to someone in need.

After buying 1 mini protank and 1 unitank from kanger , I will say their products are trash. It's a shame these tanks are the ones with the most threads of flooding gurgurling. It takes time from you and your family with tinkering trying to make these tanks work. Let me tell it works good when it works, but the odds of it working good are very slim . I ordered the new i30 s and was amazed at such a hassle free vape,. Even after the first refill I was kinda scared because the protanks it was a hit or miss, usually a miss which was so disappointing but let me tell you! I refilled the i30 s and it vamped like a champ over and over again. So for now these protanks will go to the trash because I would not even give these to my worst enemy!!

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK

Agree the iclear 30 and 16 are the easiest to use and most dependable in terms of getting a decent vape. Its what I recomended to my 60 year old mother so she didn't have to hassle with anything. But the potential of the protank when its hitting flavor and vape-wise makes it worth it to try IMO.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia

Glad also that you found your Nirvana.... It kinda makes me laugh. Not at you but this whole vaping thing. Protanks served me well form a long long time, and I used to post about how crumby I Clears were. Then I tried to use cartos and they, to me, were just junk (didnt know what I was doing then).......Got tire of Protanks and started doing a bit of RBA dripping THE HOLY GRAIL... ( I thought ). Then I started to notice all the posative things said abouth those crumby Carto's....and after listening and learning how to use them... I have a stable of 8 all prefilled with juice's.

So I noticed latley one of my Vaping hero's uses an I clear 30 at times.. ( Baditude ).....thought to myself, "he must have been in an auto accident, his brain aint right".... went back to my no good stuff drawer and filled an I Clear up. Guess what ? it isnt so bad..in fact its pretty good ( now that I know what Im doing and understand the mechanics of vaping)...

So now Ive just orderd some knock off Kayfun's ( Rebuildables)....Back to that,,, LOL..... Im just laughing at my self here. We all go through this sort of thing.

Moral of the story...... Dont throw those Protanks out the window. Your gonna figure out one day that thery might be a better vape than that 30 your vaping on... ( or not)..... GOOD LUCK TO YA !!! Happy vaping...........:vapor:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
My theory is that slight manufacturing faults (dimensions in both the heads and tanks) can make a difference between a device that wicks amazingly and does not leak, to one that always tastes burnt or leaks like crazy. I personally don't believe juice is ever the problem unless it's practically pancake syrup in texture - too many users are experiencing great things with juices that I'd even never recommend putting in a tank. Also, upon reviewing users' techniques, I rarely ever find that users are putting liquid down the center chamber or are vaping at unrealistic voltages - maybe 1 out of 24 users who have problems are doing anything I could describe in my experience as a true user fault.

My Protank II has been junk, my Aspire has been junk, all 6 of my CE4/5's (except one disposable, which worked great for a little while) have been junk, and I hope to review the iClear 30/30S next.

To all the vapers here, have you had better luck out of the 30 or 30S?

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
yes kangers can be finicky if you don't let the wick saturate first and screw it on to tight, but found once understood, they provided a fair vape, and Hassel free. Just because you don't now how to operate one correctly doesn't mean it's garbage. And they do make a decent hand me down to a new vaper. I quickly moved beyond kanger and stepped up to rba's. the i30s, looks like a decent product, and know the Aspire BDC is an excellent tank for those not ready for rba's. Also Kanger is coming out with a PT 3, which looks promising, dual coil BCC tank.

That's why there are so many choices, something for every one, no one thing will please all.. We all have our likes and dislike, our abilities and limitations. I will probably never use another PT, or even try an i30 s, Only tried an Aspire because a friend bought one and he let me have a vape on it.

Any tank out there you can mess it up. If I didn't saturate my wicks on my rba's before assembling them and filling them, and tried to vape them right away, I would get dry burnt hits, I would think it was garbage, and worthless. But since in know how to use and build and prime and fill it correctly, it produces awesome vape. All my rba's do. I also know that the Aspire is not junk, and when used correctly can be vaped at 15 watts. If one doesn't know what they are doing, it is not the atomizers fault, it is user error. Sure, you can always get a defective product, if it is truly defective, you can send it back, and get a new one. I suspect that most problems are user related.

Unfortunately, everything vape related takes time, money, trial and error to find what works best for them. This is true with every thing, form pvd's, atty's and juice. You have to date a few losers before you find the right match.

Last edited:

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
I totally believe you.

I use the Protank-IIs with no problems... well apart from putting up with either
chucking the stock-heads or rebuilding them after a couple of tankfulls. Run them
at 10 watts with sticky juice...

Back when i was starting vaping, the Ovale Ego-Ts were all the rage... much like
the Protank IIs are now. And... they would just not work for me... really expensive...
and they were burning, gurgling and flooding all over the place.

Many people in the forums, for whom this device apparently worked flawlessy, became
very protective and defensive -i felt- about it, and made tutorials: How to vape this thing
right... Oh no... you are doing it wrong... you are sucking too hard... yadayadayada.

While there surely is some truth about it, that you can adapt yourself to anything...
I'd rather toss it and try something else instead. Eventually you'll find something that
is fitting to YOUR usage pattern and how you like this thing to perform.

For pointers in which direction to go... well you are in the right place. A gazillion different
ways to vape.

Last edited:

MadOtis

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
My theory is that slight manufacturing faults (dimensions in both the heads and tanks) can make a difference between a device that wicks amazingly and does not leak, to one that always tastes burnt or leaks like crazy. I personally don't believe juice is ever the problem unless it's practically pancake syrup in texture - too many users are experiencing great things with juices that I'd even never recommend putting in a tank. Also, upon reviewing users' techniques, I rarely ever find that users are putting liquid down the center chamber or are vaping at unrealistic voltages - maybe 1 out of 24 users who have problems are doing anything I could describe in my experience as a true user fault.

My Protank II has been junk, my Aspire has been junk, all 6 of my CE4/5's (except one disposable, which worked great for a little while) have been junk, and I hope to review the iClear 30/30S next.

To all the vapers here, have you had better luck out of the 30 or 30S?
Sorry to be a troll here, but...

IMHO, calling something junk because it doesn't rock your world is a bit overkill. How many people, for example, would never drive a Dodge because they are die-hard Ford or Chevy fanatics? Just because someone is a Ford fan doesn't negate the positives of driving a Dodge. The same philosophy applies here: what YOU like doesn't make something you DON'T like "trash". Other people out there may love that trash and look at what YOU like as the trash. The point I'm trying to make is that everyone's tastes are different in all things; that's why we have variety and additional options. If I like BCC tanks, that doesn't make cartomizers junk, does it? No, it doesn't!

Sorry if this disagrees with other people's views; if so, I guess I'm trash, too, because my preferences differ from yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread