To all noobs Save yourself time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
yes kangers can be finicky if you don't let the wick saturate first and screw it on to tight, but found once understood, they provided a fair vape, and Hassel free. Just because you don't now how to operate one correctly doesn't mean it's garbage.

I think that's the problem. The Kanger manual doesn't say anything about those tricks to make it work "right". What you are really saying is just because you don't know how to hack it to work doesn't mean its garbage, where is some people's mind that is exactly what makes it garbage. Personally its not a big deal to me and thanks to this website I get pretty good production from my kangers.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Sorry if this disagrees with other people's views; if so, I guess I'm trash, too, because my preferences differ from yours.

If you like the taste of burnt metal, burnt rubber, and metal wire, then sure, your preferences sound pretty trash-based to me. No one's talking about differences between the complex layers of a NET and how well each flavor layer shines on a Protank vs. The Aspire, in case you didn't know. This thread seems to be about tastes that not even Oscar The Grouch would enjoy, and leaking. I also clearly stated that I blame these problems on manufacturing faults that vary from tank to tank, and if these brands can't up their gaming standard, I believe they're trash. There's no reason a manufacturer should part people with hard-earned money for substandard products. And again, in my research, I rarely find that users are adding to the problem whatsoever, and that the "draw pattern" is something that is scientifically tried and tested, and makes no difference at all. It's just another "thing that you can blame someone for online because you can't blame them on anything else."

Sometimes certain vendors do hire people to go on forums and rave about products, as well. I've been on various forums as a reviewer for other products too, I've even been a moderator on some, and trust me, I've tracked IP addresses, dug into the sources, and depending on the popularity of a business, service, or product, there are businesses out there that do pay people to sit there in their own office and go rave about a product on forums. It sounds extreme, but it exists. I can't speculate what's going on with some users who get so defensive (toward users, not just at a product) because I can't track an IP address on here. I was once a moderator on a forum where several members who often would become angry, defensive, and hateful toward people who experienced bad factors of the service and product, were all traced back to a company office. Forums are a place where people should have the right to bash a product all they want if it has caused them quite severe financial and emotional set-back, but bashing members, it's a different story.

Last edited:
After buying 1 mini protank and 1 unitank from kanger , I will say their products are trash. It's a shame these tanks are the ones with the most threads of flooding gurgurling. It takes time from you and your family with tinkering trying to make these tanks work. Let me tell it works good when it works, but the odds of it working good are very slim . I ordered the new i30 s and was amazed at such a hassle free vape,. Even after the first refill I was kinda scared because the protanks it was a hit or miss, usually a miss which was so disappointing but let me tell you! I refilled the i30 s and it vamped like a champ over and over again. So for now these protanks will go to the trash because I would not even give these to my worst enemy!!

I have a protank, T3s , and a Evod clone. The clone gives a dry burnt taste, but the 2 Kangres are great. So I haven't had any problems with Kanger.

Now the iclear's 30/16 are another story. Haven't had any leaks or gurgling, and they do give a pretty good vap but the build quality is another story. Same with the Vivi. The iclear's 30/16 are like trying to drink a thick milk shake through a coffee stir stick. I feel like I have to work to get each drag. I've even drilled out one of my 16's to get more air flow. Little better, but still not good.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
My theory is that slight manufacturing faults (dimensions in both the heads and tanks) can make a difference between a device that wicks amazingly and does not leak, to one that always tastes burnt or leaks like crazy. I personally don't believe juice is ever the problem unless it's practically pancake syrup in texture - too many users are experiencing great things with juices that I'd even never recommend putting in a tank. Also, upon reviewing users' techniques, I rarely ever find that users are putting liquid down the center chamber or are vaping at unrealistic voltages - maybe 1 out of 24 users who have problems are doing anything I could describe in my experience as a true user fault.

My Protank II has been junk, my Aspire has been junk, all 6 of my CE4/5's (except one disposable, which worked great for a little while) have been junk, and I hope to review the iClear 30/30S next.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of device do you like to vape? Any clearomizers so far? I don't mean that rhetorically; it's an honest question.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Say what?? lol ... I tell ya that Protanak is a controversial one because users either love them to pieces, or hate them with every fiber of their being, ahahahaha ... I love Kanger products period. Not that they are all perfect, but for the most part I find Kangertech products to be some of the best made products out there. I think a lot of the "issues" that some people experience with Protanks, has more to do with user error, rather than any inferiority in build on the part of the Protank.

I also read about some people having problems with gurgling glassomizers, but none of my Protanks (Mega or Mini) gave me any issues ... until just recently, but it was the result of something I did ... I started drawing on my Protank before I fully activated the atomizer with power buton, and lo and behold, my glassie started gurgling, something that doesn't usually happen. When I made the same mistake again while using the mini, I realized that I was the cause of the gurgling. I was taking a full draw on the tank before the atty was fully powered/activated, forcing/pulling ejuice into the center tube, and creating gurgling ... you gotta wait for that atty to start crackling before you draw, which sometimes takes about 2 secs after you hit the power button ... Some atty's fire immediately, and some take a second or two, and those two seconds can make all the difference in gurgling, and not gurgling.

So I realize that I need to be more mindful while vaping, because that small 1-2 secs that I prematurely start drawing, before the atty is powered is a user issue, not a Protank issue, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same cause of all the other user issues with gurgling ... and subsequent leaking. Once that juice gets into the center tube, its got to find a way out, and that would be through the atty's stem post center hole, and down into your battery... and again, that is a user error, not a Kanger build error.

Last edited:

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I can give you my address I'm starting a junkyard for unwanted kanger products.

Yes, but they must pass through me first so I can 'inspect' them..

I have a protank, T3s , and a Evod clone. The clone gives a dry burnt taste, but the 2 Kangres are great. So I haven't had any problems with Kanger.

Now the iclear's 30/16 are another story. Haven't had any leaks or gurgling, and they do give a pretty good vap but the build quality is another story. Same with the Vivi. The iclear's 30/16 are like trying to drink a thick milk shake through a coffee stir stick. I feel like I have to work to get each drag. I've even drilled out one of my 16's to get more air flow. Little better, but still not good.

Have you tried the new 30s? Supposedly significantly better

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What Mark said. I know there's lots of threads on issues, but I tend to think that's because the products are so widely used - the more people using them, the more likely we're going to hear about errors of some sort or another (manufacturing, user, etc.).

That said, I've had all the ProTank products, and have never, ever - not even once! - had an issue with flooding or gurgling. I'd advise to check your set-up, make sure everything is always clean and fitting properly, read a few threads on problem solving, etc. before you throw the tanks away.

On the other hand, if you find another set-up that works for you with less hassle, then just go with that - no need to use the "latest and greatest" or most popular device!

Agreed. The only time I've hard a gurgling problem - which is very rare - is when I start a new coil that has an insufficient top wick. Solution? Add more wick. Easy peasy. It may have happened twice over the span of 30 coils.

I still wonder how many of these "leaking gurgling flooding" complaints are due to new users who remove that silicone cap on the vent tube, thinking it's there as packing material. (It has been reported...)

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I happen to love my protanks.1 & 2 and mini 1 & 2...that being said I did receive an Iclear30s with my VTR....when I first filled it and tried it I hated it...the flavor seemed very muted ...after sitting overnight full of juice it sucked up 1/2 the tank and flavor improved...by 2nd tank it was vapeing wonderfully. This tank would never be a great tank for me unless I found a cheap ADV ...being dual coil it really drinks the juice...it had a fog bank in my livingroom. I however like to switch flavors way too much....those that like carto's will love the iclear30s however

My biggest problem with the iclear30s however is the lack of a glass tank....I hope they do upgrade on version 2

Last edited:

MadOtis

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
If you like the taste of burnt metal, burnt rubber, and metal wire, then sure, your preferences sound pretty trash-based to me. No one's talking about differences between the complex layers of a NET and how well each flavor layer shines on a Protank vs. The Aspire, in case you didn't know. This thread seems to be about tastes that not even Oscar The Grouch would enjoy, and leaking. I also clearly stated that I blame these problems on manufacturing faults that vary from tank to tank, and if these brands can't up their gaming standard, I believe they're trash. There's no reason a manufacturer should part people with hard-earned money for substandard products. And again, in my research, I rarely find that users are adding to the problem whatsoever, and that the "draw pattern" is something that is scientifically tried and tested, and makes no difference at all. It's just another "thing that you can blame someone for online because you can't blame them on anything else."

Sometimes certain vendors do hire people to go on forums and rave about products, as well. I've been on various forums as a reviewer for other products too, I've even been a moderator on some, and trust me, I've tracked IP addresses, dug into the sources, and depending on the popularity of a business, service, or product, there are businesses out there that do pay people to sit there in their own office and go rave about a product on forums. It sounds extreme, but it exists. I can't speculate what's going on with some users who get so defensive (toward users, not just at a product) because I can't track an IP address on here. I was once a moderator on a forum where several members who often would become angry, defensive, and hateful toward people who experienced bad factors of the service and product, were all traced back to a company office. Forums are a place where people should have the right to bash a product all they want if it has caused them quite severe financial and emotional set-back, but bashing members, it's a different story.

Wow! Simply WOW!
My apologies if you thought I was member bashing, I wasn't... the point I was trying to make was simply that calling something trash just because it happens to be your opinion is simply (in my own opinion) wrong. I happen to have 2 PT-2's and 2 Vivi tanks, and personally, I prefer the PT2's, but I would never say the Vivi's are trash; they simply aren't my favorite. I prefer the glass tanks over the polycarbonate and the BCC over the top-coils; that doesn't mean I think all top-coil polycarb tanks are trash.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Now im scared haha, i wanted to start rebuilding with a protank 1 (available localy) but then i guess its not a wise choice, i was also torn between the Iclear30 or the Protank, im gonna try both and see what works best.

Both have benefits...
protank= glass a big plus to me and rebuidable
iclear30s= dual coil and plastic tank...the s is also not rebuldable

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I can't speculate what's going on with some users who get so defensive (toward users, not just at a product) because I can't track an IP address on here.

Well and good, GoodNews, but I'll tell you something; when someone shells out close to sixty clams for a fully tricked out F-150 pickup, they will defend that truck with their dying breath. They are no more shilling for Ford than someone else is for a Kanger whatever.

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I happen to love my protanks.1 & 2 and mini 1 & 2...that being said I did receive an Iclear30s with my VTR....when I first filled it and tried it I hated it...the flavor seemed very muted ...after sitting overnight full of juice it sucked up 1/2 the tank and flavor improved...by 2nd tank it was vapeing wonderfully. This tank would never be a great tank for me unless I found a cheap ADV ...being dual coil it really drinks the juice...it had a fog bank in my livingroom. I however like to switch flavors way too much....those that like carto's will love the iclear30s however

My biggest problem with the iclear30s however is the lack of a glass tank....I hope they do upgrade on version 2

Agree with you here, definitely. 1-2 30s with 1 adv consistently in each lets you experience their quality. Switching juices frequently in that tank can lead to meh, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread