Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I don't see it that way. The liquid all over his hands was most certainly not a figment of my imagination.

If the process to simply fill a vessel with fluid requires you to type up an itemized list with 8 bullet points and countless instructional videos on youtube to be posted, it has left the realm of simple and easy. I never had to watch a video to fill an Aerotank or an Ego One; never needed an itemized list to figure out how to light a cigarette - that's because those things are actually simple and easy.
He most definitely says it's an easy method (1:12) and never says it is difficult.

Never a drop of liquid spilt in my experience...but take it or leave it, it was meant to help not argue over.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The Siren is one hellova finicky tank (to me). I've never done any of the modifications suggested by other users, so it's as it arrived.

Occasionally, I go a bit lazy and don't fill it "correctly". I just unscrew the top, plop in the liquid, screw on the top, and hope for the best. I invariably end up with one very weepy tank for at least 1/4 to 1/2 a tank vaped, until the vacuum does its magic. I am obliged to hold it with a paper towel until it stops leaking on me.

(not fun)

When I do the KF top fill method, as so perfectly laid out by Tex, the tank is full, lovely, and bone dry. I find it easy/peasy and worth the extra step or two.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Mine will spit or gurgle after refilling.

I will say it is minor compared to the Cubis and iCare - those never leaked either.
Sounds like you are filling too quickly therefore forcing the ejuice down into the coil/wicking. Maybe try just a little slower so the pressure is less? Anyway that is what I do with my tanktop with no problems. But lets face it, vaping is messy and requires just a little more effort than opening a pack of cigs and whipping the zippo out. Believe me, this industry has come a loooong way from when I started vaping.

:)

Last edited:

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
G'day, mates!
Waves @ DPL ... g'day mate, how's it hanging?

In regard to the top fill/bottom fill discussion ... my el cheapo squonker never floods or leaks or spits or or or ... just don't turn it upside down immediately after priming the atty :eek:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

In regard to the top fill/bottom fill discussion ... my el cheapo squonker never floods or leaks or spits or or or ... just don't turn it upside down immediately after priming the atty :eek:

Could you be more clear with that description.

You are already upside down from my point of view.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Siren 2: Now I've Gotten Daring...I'm trying my best to get it to misbehave...So on this last fill I treated it just like one of my Prism's...I vaped it down to just below the chamber...Did not close the air holes, popped the top, filled it to the brim, closed and vaped...It didn't leak or gurgle...I'm really starting to like this little rascal...:thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

All's well here, GT, thanks. How are you, and my/our other much-missed friends from across the planet?

Many great memories, and two/four marvelous mods are all @Katdarling and I have left. :( :) (< both emotions are true).

The dang EPM's just keep trucking and trucking. I don't get it. Eric really did build these things for the Outback, eh? :thumb:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I see $24.04 for the Silver and $25ish for the others ???...Is that what you're seeing ???
yep

upload_2017-11-17_19-46-45.png

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
All's well here, GT, thanks. How are you, and my/our other much-missed friends from across the planet?

Many great memories, and two/four marvelous mods are all @Katdarling and I have left. :( :) (< both emotions are true).

The dang EPM's just keep trucking and trucking. I don't get it. Eric really did build these things for the Outback, eh? :thumb:
;)

I'm fine thanks mate, and @Krisma has buried herself in her resin art (which for the most part, looks great :D ) but she is well too ;)

Cheers

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
;)

I'm fine thanks mate, and @Krisma has buried herself in her resin art (which for the most part, looks great :D ) but she is well too ;)

Cheers

Thanks, GT. And, in all fairness, we do know about her artistic travels. We were just admiring her tips last night, and marveling at the never-say-die EPMs, and decided to have a little fun with pictures (so to speak). :D:toast::vapor:

Users who are viewing this thread