Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

And, as the Aussies know, THIS is MY cart! :lol:

AVPavi.jpg

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I tried dripping. hated it. The only ones worth the hassle (to me anyway) was Rogue, Darang, and Deadmodz V2.

you know, if you guys started dripping, you wouldn't have to worry about filling tanks all the time. :)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I tried dripping. hated it.

Me too...dripping always ended up in a mess in some way. Even my rebuilt protanks produced enough vape that I didn't see a need to go out and buy drippers, now with using my STM I now really have no need to spend on drippers. I have a few boxes of geekvape wonky prebuilt coils I won that are too big for anything I have so they sits and will sit for a long time to come.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I LOVED THE FLAVOR of Freakshow Mini but that bottom airflow made a mess.

I got the Rogue and used it till I found the Goblin Mini. That was the end of my dripping.

I have happily vaped RTAs since then and almost never dripped again. I kept a clone of Darang for taste driving new juices

Me too...dripping always ended up in a mess in some way. Even my rebuilt protanks produced enough vape that I didn't see a need to go out and buy drippers, now with using my STM I now really have no need to spend on drippers. I have a few boxes of geekvape wonky prebuilt coils I won that are too big for anything I have so they sits and will sit for a long time to come.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
One thing I do know about drippers is if you let a juiced build sit for 6-8 months in a stand then have a look inside..wow it sure turns nasty. Been vaping almost 5 years now and I bought the few drippers I have within the first several months I vaped as I was beginning to go full speed into rebuilding. That gives you a idea on how old skool my drippers are and that I only remember one being called IGO_L and the other couple I have to research them out to find the names.
My son has buddies that vape drippers and he ragged on me to build one cause they produce such a "cloudz", much better than any tank. I accommodated him with one of my jurassic drippers, he dried it out withing the first couple drip sessions and gave himself the dryhit he'll remember for the rest of his life. Typing this put a smile on my face again seeing his face distort then coughing up his lungs as I laughed and laughed and laughed till I coughed.....lolol. Last time he ever mentioned dripper to me and happily vapes my STM's now.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
the only squonking I ever did was Fountain V2 w 5 ml squeeze bottle. worked well till my friend dropped it breaking the glass.

Squonking, not dripping :rolleyes: Best of all worlds, and with a small RDA is really worth the effort setting it up (from then on, you're liable to be labelled a "lazy vaper" :D )

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I sometimes think of getting a squonk but it means I have to buy another hitter to add to the army I have already. They look like to me that there are too many things that can go wrong then turn into a hassle that I will eventually shelve the hitter cause hassle gear I don't tolerate at all. I didn't know you can get a squonk atty so might have a deeper look into what down that path.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
yes. had A Fountain V2 clone. Got it at FT.

I sometimes think of getting a squonk but it means I have to buy another hitter to add to the army I have already. They look like to me that there are too many things that can go wrong then turn into a hassle that I will eventually shelve the hitter cause hassle gear I don't tolerate at all. I didn't know you can get a squonk atty so might have a deeper look into what down that path.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
These days even freezing the card in an ice block doesn't work if Paypal is on board or the vendor has the number!
Yeah, that was the reason drunk me was able to order the SXK KF Prime on FT the other night :eek: I was being so good not ordering anything!

Top fill was supposed to make filling easier/ more convenient/less messy with respect to bottom filling. You are supposed to be able to fill with the tank still on the mod.
I guess I’ve been lucky with top fill tanks, I haven’t experienced the leak issues so many others talk about. Knock on wood.

I went to the recipe site to see what I could make based on my flavor stash. It’s been a LONG time since I’ve mixed anything other than Lucky Latte and Butternut Cream. I’ve about 10 I’m about to try. I’m really hoping that I’ll finally mix a recipe with strawberry that I actually like!
Good luck! I’m still hoping to overcome that strawberry mountain someday.

Soooo...who is gearing up for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales ??
Not me, unless it’s shopping for the kids! I don’t get anything (else) until next year! :p

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Couldnt find it on FT. but Google found it for me.

so you can take a look.

Original Fountain V2 RTA Atomizer-$9.06 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
yes. had A Fountain V2 clone. Got it at FT.

Just had a quick look at the Fountain V2, nifty. GearBest has some and I watched the "not english" vid in the GB page. Having those thin orings separating the positive from the negative and using the body of the atty as positive also scares a bit thinking about the result of a catastrophe if this thing shorts out. Those post holes look like my old drippers that can 26 single wire is about the biggest that can fit, no claptons....bummer. Guess that's why you buy a squonk mod rather than a atty.

edit...I can't say no claptons cause one can unwind the wraps to have only core wire going into the posts. It makes SS core claptons read better and be more consistent using TC with no wraps shifting and wraps are really not needed inside the set screw area.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
no You will not using Clapton coils in the Fountain. I used 26 gauge no problem. it may have worked with 24. the atty never gave me any problem till the glass broke.

Just had a quick look at the Fountain V2, nifty. GearBest has some and I watched the "not english" vid in the GB page. Having those thin orings separating the positive from the negative and using the body of the atty as positive also scares a bit thinking about the result of a catastrophe if this thing shorts out. Those post holes look like my old drippers that can 26 single wire is about the biggest that can fit, no claptons....bummer. Guess that's why you buy a squonk mod rather than a atty.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Well my first attempt at top filling a pawns KFL+ was a near total disaster. I just blocked off the air hole with my thumb. Since that chimney sticks up through the top cap, it was really hard to not cross thread it and ruin the glass. By the time I got it on right I was down to about 75% full with the rest in the air hole.
I think I'll just fill it as designed, I only have to fill once a day anyhow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
I've got a couple of those Fountains too, but never actually used them. My daily driver is a Pico Squeeze (a battery voltage mod with electronic monitoring and safeties) coupled with an Odis 16 RDA (16ø and 24mm tall - excluding the 510 connection but including the driptip). I use a 28g NiCr coil coiled vertically at about 1Ω

I think you can buy the squeeze for about $16, and the Odis 16 for <$7 ... that would be USD, not AUD

Users who are viewing this thread