Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I can read minds, but don't like to out that out there.

You should be ashamed, by the way... such thoughts...

Was that Sunday evening Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern? And what was the relative humidity? Direction of breeze? C'mon, now...

The only thing I can figure is that you have the preheat set too high, and it's stressing the wires every time you fire. Other than that, there's really no reason one mod would do anything drastically different, in terms of performance at lower levels, than another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I was suspecting the mod because it’s been misbehaving lately. Just last week on my way out of town, the R200 suddenly crapped out. Changed tanks and still wouldn’t work. batteries were almost fully charged. (And when I stuck them in the charger later on, thinking that it was the batteries, they were still at around 75% charged) Good thing I had 3 mods with me!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Probably why most folks don't like Smok mods:)
There has been a ton of hate poured onto Smok as of late. I've seen it here, on Facebook, and in person. I don't get it...

1. This mod (the R200 on question) is around 2 years old, and, IIRC was about $20 when purchased. A lot of mods don't last that long under heavy use (Provaries notwithstanding... talking in general, here)

2. It's the law of averages... if a manufacturer sells a dozen of a product, and only 1 goes bad, that's less than a 10% fail rate... not too shabby. Smok has sold millions of mods, so expect thousands to go bad.

3. No one accounts for user error. A percentage of these mods go bad because the user refused to RTFM, or read it, and chose to ignore it by exceeding spec or attempting to modify it. Not that they'll ever admit such a thing, preferring to blame the company.

4. They're $30 to $50 devices. Expecting $200 performance and lifespan from a roughly $40 device is silly. If you get a $10 watch, you should not expect Rolex performance.

I'm not defending Smok, here... I have and use all brands, and there are a few Smok devices I can't stand (the Alien has never performed up to my satisfaction), but I just don't get the hate... Smok is almost single handedly responsible for bringing the cost of vaping down to a reasonable level. There are millions vaping today that never would have taken the plunge if all that was available were $200 Provaries and $200 SX Minis and $200 DNA devices.

This logic applies to most manufacturers...

Just food for thought...

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
I was given an AL85 kit, by a friend who was talked into it by a vape shop. He hated it, as it "ate" juice (his words) and the coils only lasted 3 days. I swapped him a spare JAC, original nautilus and couple packs of 1.8 coils. He was using, for years, Itaste VV4, Kanger T3S for years and wanted something with bigger capacity. I set the AL85 baby beast with .6Ω coils at 22 watts and use it about 3 times a day. Great cloud, if you are into that, and great flavor. I don't notice my ADV 18mg giving me nic rushes, but again not using it regularly. Battery life is great, as I haven't had to swap one out to charge. But again, not used much. It does eat juice though, compared to the nautilus.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I was given this battery and don't know if it's safe to use. Can't find it on Mooch's chart. Anyone know anything about it?

IMG_3684.JPG

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Wow! I started a new job (yippee!) and didn’t have time to go out for a vape. I chewed a piece of nic gum (haven’t had it in years) and couldn’t believe how dizzy and nauseous I got!
Happy Friday all![emoji4]
Congrats on the new job. :banana:

You don't "Chew" nic gum, chew it a couple of bites, then put it in your cheek, wait a while, a couple more chews, back in the cheek, repeat as needed. But I agree, it does not taste that good.

There are other ways to get a nic fix when you can't vape, Nic pouches work, and the coffee is really good (didn't really care for the other flavors). Here is a thread on them Nicotine Pouches

Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

You don't "Chew" nic gum, chew it a couple of bites, then put it in your cheek, wait a while, a couple more chews, back in the cheek, repeat as needed. But I agree, it does not taste that good.

There are other ways to get a nic fix when you can't vape, Nic pouches work, and the coffee is really good (didn't really care for the other flavors). Here is a thread on them Nicotine Pouches

I’ll definitely be buying some of those pouches!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

A lot of shops are also carrying nicotine toothpicks.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Wow! I started a new job (yippee!) and didn’t have time to go out for a vape. I chewed a piece of nic gum (haven’t had it in years) and couldn’t believe how dizzy and nauseous I got!
Happy Friday all![emoji4]
Grats on the new job!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
A lot of shops are also carrying nicotine toothpicks.

The DW got some of those once, and I tried one, they don't taste very good, and there was a burning sensation on my lips. JMHO YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread