Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's okay DP, that just makes me dumber than you, because I was older when I started.

Also, I wasn't "virtuously waiting" or anything, that is the age I happened to be at when someone finally taught me how to inhale.

Still, Juul, knock it off, since I "get" to say that.

LOL, this board is ahead of my kid, he came in all excited yesterday about "nic salts and Juul."

I handed him my nic salt vape.... He did not seem impressed... Still... he knew all about this "great new trend in vaping."

I can't BELIEVE actually that the dang Juul beats clouds, but teenagers have the attention span of ants, I guess. Wait. That's actually not fair to ants.

Anna

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I was a...

"Teen."

:oops:

My first cig was at 11 (I’m still shocked that I was so young, that’s what having friends around the neighborhood that are older than you will do). Regularly started smoking at 14. we used to write notes saying “please allow my daughter to buy me a pack of cigarettes”. That would never fly today!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
My first cig was at 11 (I’m still shocked that I was so young, that’s what having friends around the neighborhood that are older than you will do). Regularly started smoking at 14. we used to write notes saying “please allow my daughter to buy me a pack of cigarettes”. That would never fly today!
I started at 15 because it was the cool thing to do :( :w00t: :cry:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
"Interesting" - si & gracias, señorita. :)

It’s certainly not the finest news source, but one popular with the younger generation. I can’t believe the photo of one of the stock images, he looks 12!

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
In fourth grade a friend of mine and I were stealing ciggies from our parents and smoking them behind the big willow tree in his back yard.By the time I was around twelve/thirteen years old I was pretty much a full time smoker.Back then there was no age limit thing on who could buy cigarettes and at 45 cents a pack I could afford it.:)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oooh... nurses are tricky. They're either totally awesome, or some of the most difficult people to be around, I have found. LOL, I have interacted with many a nurse during my career, and so glad I never got into nursing.

SW-- wants to help you out, so you can do it yourself.
Some nurses-- want a totally immobilized patient so they can "help" by controlling everything.

This is a generality, and to be fair, some SW are MORE annoying than some nurses. I hope I never fell into that category, but you just never know... :)

I had a dumber reason for starting than that. I was a major athlete in youth, ran cross country, but injured my hip and also biked a lot. I was going to England one summer and I figured, "Can't run, can't bring the bike, why not start smoking as a weight control action, and just come back and quit? I genuinely believed I would (LOLOL) and it didn't hurt that smoking was everywhere I went.

I STILL can't believe my reasoning. Not too proud to state it, though. LOL.

Anna

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
We're at Titusville today waiting for the launch…hubs is a space program junkie. We come here for most launchies as it's about a 2.5 hour drive. We have never seen this many cars and people on any previous launches. There are thousands!!! Apparently it's because this is a special event/launch according to hubs. Almost didn't find a place to parl and we arrived 2 hours early.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.space.com/39604-spacex-falcon-heavy-rocket-test-flight-webcast.html
Is that Elon Musk's rocket with a Tesla attached to it?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yep.

The rocket stands 230 feet (70 meters) tall and will be the world's most powerful operational rocket, able to lift payloads of up to 119,000 lbs. (57 metric tons) into orbit. For this launch, though, the Falcon Heavy will have a smaller, stranger payload: Musk's car, a red Tesla Roadster. (Musk is also CEO of the electric car company Tesla.) The car is set to end up in an orbit around the sun that's far enough out to reach Mars, had the mission launched at the right time, and Musk said it will carry cameras that should provide "some epic views," if all goes well. [How SpaceX's Falcon Heavy Rocket Works (Infographic)]

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Spectacular launch and re-entry of the two side boosters, which came back down and landed simultaneously right on target. It's so much more relaxing watching these things when there are no people onboard. The dummy along for the ride in the car looked quite relaxed.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I started at 15 too. For much the same reason. Doesn’t seem all that cool 51 years later.

I STILL can't believe my reasoning. Not too proud to state it, though. LOL.

Yea...but...but...you gotta' remember that EVERYONE ALWAYS does what they think is BEST...AT THE TIME.

(Even if you decided to do what you knew was the "wrong" thing...it was still what you considered to be the BEST thing to do...at that time.)

Sure...with subsequent added knowledge...1 minute/1 day/1 year/1 decade later...you may then think it was a stupid decision...

But...with only the knowledge that you had at the time...you made the best decision available...

(Realizing this...I've NEVER had any room in my life...for "GUILT"...:shock: )

Users who are viewing this thread