Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I heart my Aroma WTA juice. But I intend to wean off of it specifically because of the expense. If you do get some you can just use about 20% in a mix (assuming the WTA is the same strength as your regular juice) and still get a nice effect. So that helps with cost some, but if you're getting by without it I would probably would pass if you're cost sensitive.
Yeah. That is my conclusion, as well, so far. Man what I really wish for is flavor. I keep wanting to bum cigs from strangers, just to taste them. And this is after 5 months! I know I can't, though, I would be buying them again.
I gotta rip off the band-aid all at once...:)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I find that (relatively) low power and (relatively) high ohms, with the right air flow, gets me a cool enough vape to enjoy. And it's very thrifty on juice that way :)
With me menthol is a way of life. I had been smoking them since I was a kid.
My SO always smoked regulars, and if I ran out and smoked one of hers, I would immediately get in the car and run out for menthols. They don't satisfy me, and they make me drink large quantities of liquids. I NEED my menthol, if I am going to inhale anything at all. (air excepted:))

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I find that (relatively) low power and (relatively) high ohms, with the right air flow, gets me a cool enough vape to enjoy. And it's very thrifty on juice that way :)
I actually enjoy a vape that's slightly warm on the tongue when I draw. But the cooling sensation of the koolada on the exhale is pretty awesome. When I say "slightly warm" I'm talking about 12ish watts on a 1.6 ohm coil. Still pretty thrifty with juice.

Yeah. That is my conclusion, as well, so far. Man what I really wish for is flavor. I keep wanting to bum cigs from strangers, just to taste them. And this is after 5 months! I know I can't, though, I would be buying them again.
I gotta rip off the band-aid all at once...:)
It sounds like you're already mixing your own juice, I wouldn't think it would be a big step nor terribly expensive to find some DIY flavors you like. There are recipes all over the place.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I actually enjoy a vape that's slightly warm on the tongue when I draw. But the cooling sensation of the koolada on the exhale is pretty awesome. When I say "slightly warm" I'm talking about 12ish watts on a 1.6 ohm coil. Still pretty thrifty with juice.

It sounds like you're already mixing your own juice, I wouldn't think it would be a big step nor terribly expensive to find some DIY flavors you like. There are recipes all over the place.
You're right. One small problem. I can't taste anything much at all. Sinus problems. ENT says he can't help without surgery. I may just keep on with unflavored. If I get really tired of it, perhaps it will motivate me to just walk away from it. As long as I don't walk back to the cig store...

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
You're right. One small problem. I can't taste anything much at all. Sinus problems. ENT says he can't help without surgery. I may just keep on with unflavored. If I get really tired of it, perhaps it will motivate me to just walk away from it. As long as I don't walk back to the cig store...
Ah. That's no fun. Do what you have to to stay off the cigs though.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Don't start with Aroma start with Umbavapes. I used Aroma while quitting so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison, but I find Umbavapes pretty useful when I need WTA (like, during my mom's visit, I got some out. LOL, it WORKED in the sense that I did not smoke.) I was vaping it STRAIGHT from time to time.

Cost wise, it was an okay tradeoff, for me, and I'd love to afford Aroma but I can't. Some folks say Umbavapes is less potent (it may well be) and get whatever lowest nic level if you don't buy the flavored juices b/c the Wholesale (at any nic level) is the same amount of alkaloids, etc.

It's really worth it. I got a bunch from Ohm's vapes I think it is identical (like the companies are connected) and Ohm's sometimes has great specials too.

Despite thinking Aroma's is probably slightly better, that would put me in the poorhouse.

Anna

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ohm's includes wholesale WTA in its crazy speials sometimes. That is why I have 5 120 ml bottles in my fridge for like 40 bucks or something.

I don't know why they do it, but I like that they do it. If the apocalypse comes I'm gonna be STRESSED. LOL.

Anna
Is it this place? WTA Vape Juice | Om Vapors
What would you say the best flavors are?

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
This is my experience with my beloved WTA.
I only use it in the Vapefly Galaxies mtl rda. Goes way longer this way.
When I use Aromas 24mg straight, I drip about 15 drops. By the time the wick dries, I have the feeling I had enough, and have to put it down. To me, its like I smoked a cigarette .. Any more than that, and I have difficulty getting out my chair.
For the last 2 months i thin the 15ml with pg to make 30ml. That brings me to my 12mg that I want. I still get that distinctive alkaloid taste, flavor and the satisfaction. This way it lasts me 2-3 weeks. Can stretch it to a month...much cheaper than my smokes used to be !!!
Alkaloids, although its less than 5% in the nicotine spectrum, is what gives a cigarette its distinctive taste/flavor. I get that from Aroma unflavoured.
With umbas unflavoured (12mg), I filled a Kayfun and chain vaped it dry without feeling a thing. It didn't even taste of tobacco. For me there is a reason why umba is that cheap. For me their product just don't live up to their awesome marketing campaign and super low prices.
To be honest...I have about 300ml of umba juices that i'm thinking of throwing down the drain...I don't think i'll find a vaper I dislike enough to give it to...
My apologies if I sound rude. Its only my experience/opinion. Really don't mean to disrespect anyone. I just have the utmost respect for the journey of the development of WTA.
This thread is what REAL WTA is all about...
forum.com/threads/so-are-we-getting-it-or-are-we-not-nicotine.44958/#post-670930

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Ah sorry i'm dumb with these things...
You can search for it up in the search bar ...
"so-are-we-getting-it-or-are-we-not-nicotine"
Or if someone more clever than me can plz put the link up here...?

Its a long but fascinating read about the development of WTA by @DVap. (His blog has loads of info)
He later entrusted Jerry at Aroma in the manufacturering of it.
Plz take a look at DVap's avatar..;)
WTA is NOT cheap to make. If its cheap...its NOT WTA.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
It has arrived...
20180615_151526.jpg

And what a beautiful little thing it is :hubba:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
This from @Mooch's FB page:

"I’m being flooded with questions about a 35A rating these Samsung 25S cells were given by a vendor.

They are rated at 25A continuous by Samsung.

They have a TENTATIVE temperature-limited rating of 35A if you do not allow them to reach 80°C. This is not their true continuous current rating though. Damage and accelerated aging starts WAY below that temperature too.

I have a pair in the testing queue and hope to test them within a week or so."
IMG_4055.JPG

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
For the last 2 months i thin the 15ml with pg to make 30ml. That brings me to my 12mg that I want. I still get that distinctive alkaloid taste, flavor and the satisfaction. This way it lasts me 2-3 weeks. Can stretch it to a month...much cheaper than my smokes used to be !!!
Alkaloids, although its less than 5% in the nicotine spectrum, is what gives a cigarette its distinctive taste/flavor. I get that from Aroma unflavoured.
With umbas unflavoured (12mg), I filled a Kayfun and chain vaped it dry without feeling a thing. It didn't even taste of tobacco.
I personally haven't been vaping the WTA for flavor...I think there's a subtle tobacco taste there which isn't unpleasant, I noticed it when I mixed with commercial honey-flavored juice. But I've mostly been mixing it with other flavors and the tobacco taste washes out. What I get from the WTA is that it seems to give the vapor a "density" that isn't there with pure nic, and it satisfies my cravings more like a real cigarette. I really think I have an addiction to those other alkaloids, which is why I'm going slow in drawing down the WTA.

One thing I'm noticing about it is that it also gives you more of the relaxed feeling you get from real tobacco. I like that but if I vape too much of it I get fatigued. I'm trying to get to a point where I'm being more active instead of lying around tired all the time, so that's another reason I'm cutting it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Not unusual, Nate, to be hooked on the stew of alkaloids and not just the nic. NO researcher, anywhere, has ever been able to "addict" lab animals to nic. And they've tried! WTA is said to provide the ones (some or all, dunno) missing from just nic juice, and it's addition can help the transition.

Yep, take it slow on the reduction, don't set yourself up for a fail.

Users who are viewing this thread