Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's this one, Unflavored Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Base | 95% USP Nicotine 5% Tobacco Alkaloids | Nitrosamine Free |OM Vapors

I've only ever bought wholesale WTA quite honestly so I don't have a favorite flavor exactly, I think some folks DIY with it into their flavors, I always would just put a small amount (that I gradually tapered) into my tank. It kind of makes things easy, although having a precise "amount" in DIY liquids also makes sense.

I agree that Aroma's is absolutely the gold standard. IDK what "is" and "isn't" WTA, but I will say I find I get an effect from Ohm's or Umnbavapes. With that said, it may be placebo. IDK that it works for everyone.

If it IS placebo, I'm not complaining because at least it was cheap. LOL, in all seriousness I think it's less potent than Aroma's and it has to be a different process, I mean it's clear usually while Aroma's is kind of nutty tasting (the wholesale) and slightly dark..

IDK if we'll ever find out without some independent lab testing etc. and I will say Aroma was a godsend during quitting smoking. If test results become available I'm not sure I will read them, at least until I use up what I Have.

But, everyone has to decide for themselves, etc.

Anna

ETA: whatever you do, don't buy mother's milk WTA. It looks and tastes exactly like dirt. Oh, I used it all (and didn't find much efficacy) but yea I kept expecting to find a worm in my tank. LOL

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Its a long but fascinating read about the development of WTA by @[B][U]DVap[/U][/B]. (His blog has loads of info)
WTA is NOT cheap to make. If its cheap...its NOT WTA.

Well Fman1...I have read DVap's blogs on ECF...

And thus I agree with your "WTA is NOT cheap to make" statement...

But...but...when I alternate between vaping Aroma WTA and Umbavape WTA...I experience the (exact) same effects from both...

So...it would be financially foolish...(for someone like me)...to use Aroma's $32/30ml. over Umbavape's $10/30ml. WTA...

:2c:

Last edited:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
So...it would be financially foolish...(for someone like me)...to use Aroma's $32/30ml. over Umbavape's $10/30ml. WTA...

Is Umbavapes really that cheap? No wonder they were out of stock last time I looked at them. I should probably give them a try to see if I get a similar effect from theirs as from the Aroma.

That may or may not affect my plans to wean down the WTA. If I can get it at a more reasonable price then maybe I'd like to keep using some, though maybe less than before (due to the fatigue issue I mentioned previously).

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
That may or may not affect my plans to wean down the WTA. If I can get it at a more reasonable price then maybe I'd like to keep using some

Because of the expense...I'd keep a set-up filled with Aroma WTA...then take 8-10 puffs when I woke up...and 8-10 puffs every 3-4 hours...

Since Umbavape WTA is about the normal cost of my regular nicotine-ejuice...I keep one set-up filled with Umbavape WTA and one set-up filled with nicotine ejuice...then vape whatever I feel like in the moment...

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
When I heard about WTAs, I read the whole threads, start to end, dealing with the subject. I liked the concept, but really, all a person has is faith...it is all anecdotal. The underlying rationale is good, and I would like to try it, but as far as 'good' or 'bad' or 'real' WTA, nobody can say that any of them work to beyond placebo level, without scientific study.
For what it's worth...My 2centavos.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
This to me is the wonderful thing about vaping....Everyone is different, yet for every different one, there is something satisfying out there :thumbs:
As to the "addictive" aspect of WTA....
As I said i'm a tobaccoholic. I have over 200 tobacco flavours in my collection. I loved smoking tobacco, but won't touch it again because of the chemical additions BT puts in it, in order to get us properly addicted.
That however don't sooth my yearning for tobacco...not one little bit :(
I'm in the quadrant that needs something else than freebase nicotine to give me satisfaction. I can vape my 12mg nic (umba to) till my head dents in without any buzz or satisfaction...! Others are more lucky...nicotine alone buzzes them and that is a good thing...!
Anyhow when I first tasted Aroma 24mg unflavoured, it not only tasted and smelled like a cigarette to me, it also gave me that feeling a smoke gave me...I was blown away and instantly knew this is my way forward without the combustibles.
The next thing that weighed on me...and worried me was how addictive is this stuff, as I don't...and will not go down that same route again..been there !!!
I decided to test it and myself over a period to see how dependant, or heaven forbid, addicted I might get to it.
Anyway long story short, I can now say with a song in my heart that this stuff is not nearly what I experienced with BTs cigarettes. I take it when I want and on my terms. Matter of fact, I don't vape it for what it does. I vape it purely for the flavour and smokyness. A few drops of 24 or 36mg unflavoured in the little mtl dripper tastes exactly like an organic cigarette to me...:vapor::thumbs:
To me that is priceless, and the price I do pay for it, is a fraction I used to for the dreaded cigarettes.

Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Placebo or not, it does seem to help some make the switch. Yes, anecdotal, but most of the "evidence" that vaping is an excellent quit smoking tool is as well.

I'm an anecdote! :w00t: :lol:
I ain't knocking it. You are right, although many more anecdotes supporting the latter, for now. Even if it was all placebo effect, if it helps, it helps.
Even my playing mind tricks on myself, has helped me, as the habit is also psychological, as well as physical. As always try everything, and keep what works for you!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
As I have stated before I LOVE the placebo effect. LOL even in double blind studies the placebo effect can happen. If doctors "believe" the patient is taking the real medicine (either due to patient REPORTS or some other medication) they sort of subconsciously "believe" that the patient will do better and that sort of impacts the patients as well in this sort of weird circle of effect.

I LOVE placebo! No side effects! It's brilliant. I actually think anyone never told they were in the control group who had an effect should be sent home and provided a lifetime supply of sugar pills.

The placebo effect is SUPRISINGLY robust, you'd be shocked at how HARD it is to actually get a drug to "beat" it sometimes (unless it's SIDE EFFECTS.)

They did this study on coral crabs at one point who require some sort of vitamin, (like Bsomething) and if starved off it, they begin producing the necessary chemicals themselves.)

Whenever I get scolded by someone about my diet and etc. (it's kind of meh at times) I CITE that study. LOL. I mean, I'm a more complicated being than a measly CRAB, I'm CERTAIN I can do better than it! So far so good, all my vitamin and whatnot levels are just fine.

I mean, I am also alive.

I am afraid I was not ever able to convince myself successfully that smoking 3 ppd wasn't going to harm me. I blame those darn cigarette quitting ads and etc.

Anna

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm a more complicated being than a measly CRAB . . . .

:blink: Well, the most important thing to consider here is - Would most of the people around "You" say the same . . . ;)

Especially, while giving up the smoking addition - "quitting cigarettes", or even now in the morning . . .

w2-tired.gif

:pervy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If anyone needs ProVari extension rings or end caps in a variety of colors/finishes....the guy who either used to work for ProVape, or was one of the owners (username provape_parts)...has a bunch newly listed on eBay. The extension rings he has listed are shown as being for the P3. However, I just tried 1 of the rings from my P3 Celtic Knot on 1 of my 2.5 Minis...and it fits/works exactly the same as the 2.5 extension rings I bought from him several months ago! Then just use a regular end cap with spring for your 2.5 Mini and/or regular one.

@Bea-FL @redeuce

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
As a reassurance to those of you who might be interested in the P3 extension rings on eBay, but are maybe leary about them for your 2.5 Mini or 2.5 regular -

I double-checked with the seller that the P3 rings will also work on the 2.5 version ProVaris. His response to my question to him was: Yes...the threads on the tubes, the extensions (rings & caps), and the end caps are all compatible, and the lengths all correspond with the 3 popular battery sizes (at that time). Meaning the 18350, the 18500, and the 18650. :thumbs:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Thanks for the info, however it seems everyone is miss reading that post . . . :rolleyes:

"My Bad" . . . :facepalm:

I was actually trying to find the person who originally posted and asked about where they could find them, since I have a few that are available, along with some other "Stuff" too . . . So hope they're verified . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
If anyone needs ProVari extension rings or end caps in a variety of colors/finishes....the guy who either used to work for ProVape, or was one of the owners (username provape_parts)...has a bunch newly listed on eBay. The extension rings he has listed are shown as being for the P3. However, I just tried 1 of the rings from my P3 Celtic Knot on 1 of my 2.5 Minis...and it fits/works exactly the same as the 2.5 extension rings I bought from him several months ago! Then just use a regular end cap with springy stash for your 2.5 Mini and/or regular one.

@Bea-FL @redeuce
Thanks JC but I'm all set. I think you're talking about Bill the Provari repairman? I bought everything I still needed for my stash from him a while back.

But the best thing I bought from him a few weeks ago is this…my custom Ti on which I'm happily vaping as I type!!!
IMG_4059.JPG

I had sent him a couple of devices to spiff up and in one of our communications I asked him to keep his eyes open for a Ti for me. A few weeks later he emailed me that he had found a Ti and it included the Ti end cap, 510 adapter, and beauty ring. The tube, top cap, and bottom cap were unused. Since he was refurbishing it, he gave me a choice on the LED color and window style. It will function as new with the same life expectancy as a new unit. So I'm now the proud and very happy owner of a custom Ti :banana::banana::banana:.

BTW he's closing shop at the end of the year so if anyone has Provaris that need a spa day, now is the time.

Users who are viewing this thread