Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Can some good soul explain, for the benefit of an unknowing European Citizen, what all the upcoming new vape rules in the U. S. are all about - in a nutshell.

I tried to read in the proper dedicated thread, but every poster takes for granted that the reader has full knowledge of the matter... Which it is sadly untrue in my case.

Is it going to happen 100%?
What are the limitations to the hardware?
What are the constraints for e-liquids?

Thank you for helping me understand it...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Um, in a nutshell?

Come next May, unless something miraculous happens, this happens:

NOTHING not firmly into the "approval" process will be legal to sell. No mods, no tanks, no juice. Odds are that Juul, an arm of big tobacco, will be in the queue, so may still be available.

Will there be an immediate crackdown, closing all shops, physical and online? Hard to tell. Will there be imports from overseas? Probably on an individual basis, but subject to seizure by Customs. (Will they get them all? Probably not. But it will be a roll of the dice with your $$ at stake.)

The requirements are such that each juice flavor and each flavor nic % needs a separate application. Only BT has the bucks for that, so all the small blenders will be out of luck - as will their customers.

Hardware provably on the market before August 2016 - the original cut off date - may sneak through. But most of that isn't made any more...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
what is your life expectancy on the Minifit.

Well dedi...I have 3...and they've all been vaping GREAT for 6 months...

Longevity??? Hard to care...they're only $15...Vapecrawler

So... you're under the impression that there is a "The One" that works for EVERYBODY?

You're 142% correct DPL...

I should have said: "I'd think...by now...EVERYBODY here...(who wants an INexpensive Pod with Constant [rather than Direct] voltage...that's unbelievably small/light...and gives a QUITE satisfying MTL experience)...would have a Minifit with them when they're out and about"...

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Strange Question :rolleyes:

What is the best "Tasting" VG you have run across. Notice the word "Tasting", not vaping. I am out, and it has been so long I am unsure who has the best out there. This won't be for vaping, I add it to Lotta Latte for flavoring my morning Snus. :w00t:

Hello Everyone... :toast:
Well after Looking, I think it was "Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers" that had the best tasting VG that I have tried, NOT sure, but I think so (and Made in the USA). I ordered 500ml today hoping it was it. Haven't needed to order in quite some time, but it was just $15 with shipping, so no big deal. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

You're 142% correct DPL...

I should have said: "I'd think...by now...EVERYBODY here...(who wants an INexpensive Pod with Constant [rather than Direct] voltage...that's unbelievably small/light...and gives a QUITE satisfying MTL experience)...would have a Minifit with them when they're out and about"...

About how long do the pods last?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Longevity??? Hard to care...they're only $15

They're $13.99 at ejuices.com, even without using a discount code.

JUSTFOG MINIFIT Starter Kit 370mAh

If your whole order totals $40 or more you can get 15% off (code: pupper); $60 or more is 25% off (code: doggo); $80 or more take 35% off (code: woofer). S/H is usually Free by First Class Mail if you're in the continental US, unless it's a heavy order and/or coming from several different warehouses.

I got 4 of their 3packs of the Minifit pods, regularly $6.20/3pack there, for $4.04 per pack with the 35% off. Even their regular price for them is less than anywhere else...even FT.

Justfog Minifit Pods 3-Pack

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    Um, in a nutshell?

Come next May, unless something miraculous happens, this happens:

NOTHING not firmly into the "approval" process will be legal to sell. No mods, no tanks, no juice. Odds are that Juul, an arm of big tobacco, will be in the queue, so may still be available.

Will there be an immediate crackdown, closing all shops, physical and online? Hard to tell. Will there be imports from overseas? Probably on an individual basis, but subject to seizure by Customs. (Will they get them all? Probably not. But it will be a roll of the dice with your $$ at stake.)

The requirements are such that each juice flavor and each flavor nic % needs a separate application. Only BT has the bucks for that, so all the small blenders will be out of luck - as will their customers.

Hardware provably on the market before August 2016 - the original cut off date - may sneak through. But most of that isn't made any more...

I truly appreciate you taking the time to answer my query. Thanks.
    It seems to me that the new regime was not tought in good enough details for a proper implementation, resulting in a wrecked, but not properly regulated, vape market.
    May be there will be positive changes.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    upload_2019-8-19_6-15-36.png

dedi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Rochester NY

Were you using as ADV?

Lolol, well I am caring as I LOVE THEM and preparing for future.......:)
    Have you tried a rebuild.

dedi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Rochester NY

@FranC I have been using about a month, though not heavily. I only use un flavored. It works and tastes like brand new, even has that little fresh carto crackle :):):):)
    I am sure it would depend on juice and how often you use it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC I have been using about a month, though not heavily. I only use un flavored. It works and tastes like brand new, even has that little fresh carto crackle :):):):)
    I am sure it would depend on juice and how often you use it.
    Thank you:)

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City

My wife uses hers for stealth vaping at work and goes through about 1ml per day. I borrow it when I'm mowing too. With a lightly flavored mint/menthol, 2/3 pg, the original pod is still working great after at least 60 refills, so about 60ml and still running well. This little guy is great!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My wife uses hers for stealth vaping at work and goes through about 1ml per day. I borrow it when I'm mowing too. With a lightly flavored mint/menthol, 2/3 pg, the original pod is still working great after at least 60 refills, so about 60ml and still running well. This little guy is great!
    Sounds good, thanks:)

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    dediHave you tried a rebuild.

With 4yo and 6yo Grand Children running around here having the times of their lives 7A-4P M-F...I really have NO time for sophisticated time wasters like rebuilding coils (or DIY ejuice)....:shock:

I am glad I do not have your job. Sounds exhausting.

dedi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Rochester NY
    dediHave you tried a rebuild.

With 4yo and 6yo Grand Children running around here having the times of their lives 7A-4P M-F...I really have NO time for sophisticated time wasters like rebuilding coils (or DIY ejuice)....:shock:

I have not tried to rebuild them but will at some point just to see if I can, lol
    I do mix my own juice and have for years, very quickly, over the sink in 5 to 10 min or less! Unflavored works great for me :) easy, peasy, fast :)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    I have not tried to rebuild them but will at some point just to see if I can, lol
    I do mix my own juice and have for years, very quickly, over the sink in 5 to 10 min or less! Unflavored works great for me :) easy, peasy, fast :)
    I watched a couple videos on rebuilding them earlier today. Doesn't look all that complicated.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    I watched a couple videos on rebuilding them earlier today. Doesn't look all that complicated.

I watched the videos also. I have rebuilt several of the Minifit pods now. It's not hard at all. In fact, they taste better after rebuilding them.:thumb:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    I watched the videos also. I have rebuilt several of the Minifit pods now. It's not hard at all. In fact, they taste better after rebuilding them.:thumb:
    What size wire did you use? I noticed one of the reviewers recommended 30 or 32 gage.

Users who are viewing this thread