Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I have a question for the tootle puffers. This thread moves so fast it won't be long before I have to declare thread bankruptcy, so this seems like a good time to jump in.

I just got a Wotofo Lush RDA, to go with my (soon to be in my hands) new mini volt. I'm moving from a nautilus, never sub-ohmed, never built coils before, never dripped before, so it's quite a change. The guy at the vape shop really emphasized how I needed to to direct lung hits. He showed me how, had me do several inhales right there. The thing is, I really hate doing that. I rarely inhale deeply at all, I just let the vape hit the back of my throat before I exhale.

So can I use an RDA with MTL hits? It currently has a 1.0 ohm coil in it. That's the one he built for me. I plan to make 1.5 ohm coils once I get everything I need. But if I HAVE to do DL hits, I really won't be using it much at all.

Vape the way you want to not the way anybody else does. If you get get the airflow right you should be able to MTL with it.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Good Heavens! I skipped the second continuance of this thread...I guess I'll jump in this third revival!
I'm a tootle puffer and dang glad to be!
Howdy all!

Howdy Dooo...I'm kinda new here myself.The residents of this thread are a welcoming bunch,enjoy!

I have a question for the tootle puffers. This thread moves so fast it won't be long before I have to declare thread bankruptcy, so this seems like a good time to jump in.

I just got a Wotofo Lush RDA, to go with my (soon to be in my hands) new mini volt. I'm moving from a Nautilus, never sub-ohmed, never built coils before, never dripped before, so it's quite a change. The guy at the vape shop really emphasized how I needed to to direct lung hits. He showed me how, had me do several inhales right there. The thing is, I really hate doing that. I rarely inhale deeply at all, I just let the vape hit the back of my throat before I exhale.

So can I use an RDA with MTL hits? It currently has a 1.0 ohm coil in it. That's the one he built for me. I plan to make 1.5 ohm coils once I get everything I need. But if I HAVE to do DL hits, I really won't be using it much at all.

I have an rda but haven't used it yet....I do agree with the advice DavidOck and others gave.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
The guy at the vape shop really emphasized how I needed to to direct lung hits. He showed me how, had me do several inhales right there. The thing is, I really hate doing that. I rarely inhale deeply at all, I just let the vape hit the back of my throat before I exhale.

Shop dude. :facepalm: :blink:

This RDA doesn't look great for MTL but it is possible you may get it to work the way you want. :smokie:
I expect you would be much happier with something designed for single coils and less airflow.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
~ hey lookie, a new Tootles Place ~

jeez, times-are-a-changin’, life is evolving
hope my new seat is as comfy as the old one…
upload_2016-3-21_14-52-37.png

:party:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Good Heavens! I skipped the second continuance of this thread...I guess I'll jump in this third revival!
I'm a tootle puffer and dang glad to be!
Howdy all!

Hellooooooooo, Cheech!

~ hey lookie, a new Tootles Place ~

jeez, times-are-a-changin’, life is evolving
hope my new seat is as comfy as the old one…

:party:

Thank you, pufZ! I do like the new artwork on the walls.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK

I just got a Wotofo Lush RDA, to go with my (soon to be in my hands) new mini volt. I'm moving from a Nautilus, never sub-ohmed, never built coils before, never dripped before, so it's quite a change. The guy at the vape shop really emphasized how I needed to to direct lung hits. He showed me how, had me do several inhales right there. The thing is, I really hate doing that. I rarely inhale deeply at all, I just let the vape hit the back of my throat before I exhale.

As others have said, vape the way you want.
I lung hit tanks everyone says are mtl only, and mtl rda's with lots of airflow. Depends on my mood.
Are you using the rda now? If so, try vaping how you want on it now and play with the airflow until you get it where you like.
I personally build everything, rda's and tanks, to about 1 ohm. I find it to be a happy medium for the way I vape, and very versatile.
The key is to play around and find YOUR sweet spot. Of course, building for the "sweet spot" of your mod to maximize adjustability and battery is a good thing too.
The best equipment, build, and way to vape is whatever satisfies you and keeps you off stinkies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
You may have missed something but you didn't miss anything! :D

Ok, I get it now, lol.
I see that as nothing but a waste of liquid, and certainly don't want anyone pointing their onion at me. Let alone pushing it up against mine.
Whatever happened to the 3 foot rule?

The best equipment, build, and way to vape is whatever satisfies you and keeps you off stinkies.

Thanks y'all! I think the idea was to keep lots of air moving across the coil to avoid burning the cotton. But I guess if I turn down the watts so it doesn't get so hot, I'll need less air moving through it, so I don't have to draw so hard? I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

I knew this was going to be outside of my comfort zone, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. And new toys are fun!

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Ok, I get it now, lol.
I see that as nothing but a waste of liquid, and certainly don't want anyone pointing their onion at me. Let alone pushing it up against mine.
Whatever happened to the 3 foot rule?

These Cloudz Bros are cheeky! <nods>

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Thanks y'all! I think the idea was to keep lots of air moving across the coil to avoid burning the cotton. But I guess if I turn down the watts so it doesn't get so hot, I'll need less air moving through it, so I don't have to draw so hard? I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

I knew this was going to be outside of my comfort zone, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. And new toys are fun!

As long as your cotton is saturated with liquid, burning it won't be an issue.
It's all really very simple.
Start with the wattage low, vape, then gradually increase the wattage, while vaping in between, until you get the flavor and vape you like. You'll notice a change as the cotton begins to become less saturated. When this happens, drip a few drops into your rda.
Google and this forum are your friends. Lots of videos on youtube and lots of people here to help.
As I told someone else, most serious vaper who have turned it into a hobby love to talk about it, and will every chance they get. Lol.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States

You can use RDAs and MTL but I am sad to say that I'm not sure that the Lush RDA is the best for that. It is pretty big, and needs heat to create flavor, it also IMHO isn't the best at single coils.

It is very possible to MTL but you need the right atomizer and I'm not sure that your shop knows what that is. If you go to the Overlooked Tootle Puffers Gear thread and ask this question, you should be able to get an answer pretty quickly.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread