Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
How about a look at the Kaees Solomon 2? This is another single coil rta with top airflow.
1536703982705896.jpg
In the bubble glass configuration, it'll hold 5ml. It comes with a spare glass (straight 3.5ml... Which is odd as that means this tank is not TPD compliant unless there's a silicone plug I missed), spare parts, screws, o-rings, and multiple drip tips (including a 510).

The deck is two post affair with side airflow that is directed down from the top via a side channel slotted into the chamber with a channel built into the deck itself.
1536703980898818.jpg
1536703980472323.jpg
Installing the coils is easy. The coil is dropped in to one side and pushed into slots in the sides of the post. Then, the coils are secured with some hex head grub screws. 3.5mm is not a problem... 6 wraps was a bit much...
1536703981228476.jpg
1536703982405735.jpg
1536703981550261.jpg
1536703981839986.jpg
Wicking is just as easy, and the wick slots are large enough to easily handle that 3.5mm wick.
1536703982118393.jpg
The SS316L 2x26/36 fused Clapton 3.5mm ID 6 wrap build came out to 0.268Ω.

There's more air on this than on the intake, but not as much as the Zeus. This means it still producing good flavor, but a lot more vapor.
1536703983207535.jpg
Given the choice of only one single coil, top air RTA, this would be really close to the top. I like it better than the Zeus, Intake, and Engine Nano... It's a tie between this and the Vapefly Horus. The only niggles I have are the color scheme (the black and gold doesn't look bad, but I'm not a fan of silver and gold together)b and the assembly... Things feel a tetch crunchy when screwing in the base due to the side air channel... A problem I did not experience with any others.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The DeadRabbit RTA is absolutely a step back imo.
Or to say it with Don29palms words:
"The Dead Rabbit is garbage".
First time I'd agree. At least compared to the other RTAs on the list.
the dead rabbit and the engine both have the same kind of air, top. The Engine nano has it on the side, that's why I prefer it, together with the Zeus (plural).

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
It's easy to build quads. And the chamber roomy enough. Put your top coil closer to the posts. Try it, thank me later.
not into quads go through enough juice as it is. I am a Vaper not a cloud chaser.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Live a little!
I did it twice. Chucks vapor clouds like crazy. I used simple wrap 0.8 ohm coils. It's a very capable atty!
Cloud chasers are responsible in my country for having vapers classed as smokers and exiled into smokers stink room.

• Love
Reactions: Susaz

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cloud chasers are responsible in my country for having vapers classed as smokers and exiled into smokers stink room.

Vape it at home! At least you have stink rooms, here we have to vape and smoke in the cold. Both are forbidden inside in public areas.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Vape it at home! At least you have stink rooms, here we have to vape and smoke in the cold. Both are forbidden inside in public areas.
I do vape at home but have consideration for others that don't smoke or vape. What is it that you do not understand. I am not some cloud chasing freak nor am I into time wasting with fancy builds. I have better things to do with my life and my time.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It occurred to me that I ought to mention the Cubis line of tanks.

I mean, they're top air, and there's an available RBA section.

Problem is, I can't stand it.

The deck is stupid small with impossible to use screws, and it's very prone to flooding.

There... It's been mentioned.
I used them for 2 years. The heads were meh, the mods are great (evic AIO), I vaped on them mostly because it was a leakproof way of going out and about. The Mi One is unregulated. I dumped it because I got a BB instead.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I do vape at home but have consideration for others that don't smoke or vape. What is it that you do not understand. I am not some cloud chasing freak nor am I into time wasting with fancy builds. I have better things to do with my life and my time.

I'm also considerate to others, but I expect the same. Vaping outdoors or in authorized places is not a thing that others should be offended about. Rather they should be more aware of others people space.
Just last April I was at Oxford. I saw people vaping in closed quarters. When I asked if I could vape I was told "certainly! Be aware that rooms with wood floors or drapes, vaping is not allowed, but as for any other place you're welcome".
You should first change your mentality.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I'm also considerate to others, but I expect the same. Vaping outdoors or in authorized places is not a thing that others should be offended about. Rather they should be more aware of others people space.
Just last April I was at Oxford. I saw people vaping in closed quarters. When I asked if I could vape I was told "certainly! Be aware that rooms with wood floors or drapes, vaping is not allowed, but as for any other place you're welcome".
You should first change your mentality.
Do me a favour and go away. I do not wish to vape as you do. I am not in Oxford where vaping is Legal. In my country Nicotine vapes are illegal. I enjoy vaping as I do and personally do not give a .... about your vaping preference

• Disagree
Reactions: Susaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread