Totally excited about e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

msfatty

Jun 13, 2009
www.msfatty.com
Wow I feel so lucky to have found this forum! My name is Ms. Fatty Cake, and I am a webmaster / weight loss blogger and a smoker. I do a lot of different product reviews of various products I've tried and I want to order a good e-cig for my first go 'round with this. My blog is all about getting healthy, and although these aren't "health products" per se, WOW, what a difference this will make in my life if I can put down the cancer sticks and be able to breath again and benefit more from exercise.

So here is what I would like to ask all of you fine folks. To recommend something for me. I have spent hours reading this forum and everyone seems to have a different opinion, no doubt, some financially oriented, but that's cool! I understand! One thing I would like to come out of this is a possible affiliate relationship with a company promoting and selling the e-cigs on my blog, if I really dig these things...

I'm looking to purchase something in the price range of a blu, or cheaper.

Good quality, and tobacco flavored (will consider other flavors as well)

I like the idea of a slender tip I can grasp between my teeth while at my desk. :lol:

Something that is going to be cheap to maintain. I also prefer to order from the USA so I can get it and start right away.

Good quality, good price. That's what we all want, right?

Thanks!

Ms. Fatty Cake

Cancer

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
My bestest advice for a newcomer is to purchase a Janty Stick. While it does not have the cylindrical shape of an analog(our term for regular cigs) its got great battery life and it has the ability to be charged/used with a usb to mini usb cable.. For a computer worker, thats a huge plus for portability. It will save you huge amounts of stress than the cheapys that need a wall charger or a charging carry caseand have POOR battery durability/longevity. Thats my two cent. Welcome Again.

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
Welcome to the world of Ecigs! :)

I recommend a $28 DSE801 Penstyle from Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop, or the $29 DSE901 (a bit shorter). It's got a slender rubber mouthpiece that you can bite, and 1 year warranty on hardware. I'd also recommend getting a USB charger, USB passthrough, plenty of blank carts, and at least 3-4 bottles of juice to start out. Try Hilton, Flue Cured, Ruyan#4, Marlboro, Turkish Blended, Camel until you find a couple of favorites and stock up on them. Flue Cured and Hilton seem to be the most popular from what I've seen from fans of tobacco flavor. Myself, I'm a menthol guy so I DIY my own juice.

Best of luck and remember that their prices, 1 year warranty, and customer service are absolutely unbeatable.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I just want to get in on earning some money for myself by mentioning it regularly in my own posts. I am unemployed at the moment so I could do with the income.:)

Oh and welcome to the forum fatty...the truth is I can't tell you anything about that particular e-cig I haven't tried it..it might be o/k. Everyone wants one that looks like as much like a real cig as possible to start with and for vaping in public.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK

ButchBoy

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Northern California
My bestest advice for a newcomer is to purchase a Janty Stick. While it does not have the cylindrical shape of an analog(our term for regular cigs) its got great battery life and it has the ability to be charged/used with a usb to mini usb cable.. For a computer worker, thats a huge plus for portability. It will save you huge amounts of stress than the cheapys that need a wall charger or a charging carry caseand have POOR battery durability/longevity. Thats my two cent. Welcome Again.

I agree with everything you said. After constantly fiddling with a 901 for almost three months, I bought a Stick. No longer needing a box of parts that continually need to be swapped into the 901 is, in itself, worth the price of a Stick. I'm fiddle free and lovin' it.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
Someone comes here, asks an honest question - makes no mention of that product and gets bumped to this forum because other people just don't like that product. Why not just delete the irrelevant posts so perhaps this new person can get the answers she is looking for? There ARE other supporting suppliers on this forum that offer an affiliate program.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Someone comes here, asks an honest question - makes no mention of that product and gets bumped to this forum because other people just don't like that product. Why not just delete the irrelevant posts so perhaps this new person can get the answers she is looking for? There ARE other supporting suppliers on this forum that offer an affiliate program.

I'm sorry, but the product was mentioned in the OP from the beginning, and escalated from there, I feel that it went to the appropriate place. You are more than welcome to contact other moderators, with your opinion. If they feel I was in error, I will honor the decision.

Cheers;
jd

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
Well, for a long while it was... so I can understand it coming here. I just wish that the bashing would stop when people are just trying to get info. Plenty of folks are seeing Blu around the interwebs now... they just ARE going to end up here if they're researching. I'd rather provide honest information than snarks. :(

I reviewed Blu using Terraphons check list. I was pretty hard on it. I posted pics. I still think it's a viable product for what it is. A teeny tiny PV that looks and feels like an analog - with decent vapor, okay throat hit for the cheap. I got it. It convinced me this was indeed an alternative to analogs. I moved on. *shrug*

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yes, Jim is correct. Any ongoing discussions on the blu will be moved to the blu forum. Any threads mentioning the blu and affiliate opportunities will also be moved there. If the OP would like to post a new thread in the newb forum without mentioning the blu, she is more than welcome to.

Sorry, but we are still leery of blu affiliates posing as members here (not to say the OP is but right now, we are still being cautious).

And yes, there are probably other supporting suppliers with affiliate programs. One thing is....blu is not a supporting supplier at this time. SJ has allowed this forum for the blu users to be able to converse without a concern of it being spam. SJ is also taking steps to see if blu would be interested in advertising as a supplier here...whether free or paid....their choice, just like any other supplier.

Also, if members do become affiliates of a supplier here, they must identify themselves as such. We have already confirmed a couple of blu affiliates who were not listed as such....so again, we are just being cautious.

Hope this clears this up.

Again, the OP is welcome to start another thread in the newbs section under these conditions.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread