Not open for further replies.

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

dbodin

Sep 7, 2013
Texas
Dbodin, my piece of advice I swear by, is to just believe that vaping is all you have now. It isn't bad! You actually get flavors! You definitely need good juice and a setup that suits you. I started with cig alikes and now my favorite setup is a Smok e-pipe with a tank, and I am female! Just search around for the next step.

I'm really happy with my setup right now, it feels right. I just don't think i have found my magic liquid yet, I have a few in the mail... I really wish we had a vape store here! In texas they hand you a pack of reds when you are born, so not so many vapers around, at least not where I am :(

That great advise your doing the right thing I have been smokeing ecigs for two years and like eGo batt,s and CE5 clearomizers they give a great hit,justas good as an anolog anyday

i started ( like everyone else i assume ) with the look-a-likes ( blu in particular ) about a year ago.. while it cut back my cravings, i never got the throat hit like I do with my ego twist+ vivi. It really is night at day between the two. I don't care so how much it looks. It could be dildo shaped, as long as it tastes ( a least a little) and feels like a cigarette! I'm doing so much better with this new setup, that i'm mad at myself for not getting one sooner.

I watched like every grimgreen video there is, which has also really helped me.

Last edited:

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
Congrats and my advice is to go and try flavors. I tried coffee for the first hour and enjoyed it but on other people's recommendations I tried Swedish fish. I'm not a big sweet tooth person but that candy like vape is truly what kept me from going back. It's been three months since I've had an analog and I think the smell of them is now gross. And this is from someone that sincerely enjoyed smoking for the decade of a pack a day.

Stick with it. And if you do have a cigarette you'll see exactly what awful flavor you're missing out on. I've had one cig left in my pack in my car just in case and I will honestly never smoke it.

Good luck!

DebbM

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Redondo Beach, CA
I still occasionally have those days when I really want a cigarette. I have only been vaping for a few months. A few weeks ago I was out with a friend who wanted to go outside for a cigarette. I went with her and even had one. I discovered it tasted okay but that my ejuice tasted better. In the past I would have needed to go to the store and get a pack. I am not at the stage where they taste gross yet but definitely have no desire to buy a pack. Keep up the great work. Folks here are very supportive.

dand1039

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty

ced.lfe

Sep 7, 2013
Paris, France
i also stopped from 60 cig/day (strong ones) to nothing but e-liquids, and i recall the first few days i vaped like crazy (around 6ml of 18mg nicotine juice would go if not more, which seems almost reasonnable when i see that nicotine level can go upto 50mg almost).

i second DebbM, i also experienced (even now, 2 monthes after stop) that there are days where the urge to smoke seem to resurface and those days my consumption of eliquid seems to double (going upto 6ml from my usual 3 with no apparent reason).

However for me now, the taste of smoking is definately awfull : I tried to smoke again once in the past 2 monthes (out of curiosity) : the taste was so gross that i had to trash binafter a few puffs because i couldn't stand the taste at all anymore... which has me very puzzled since that day since i usually 'loved' the cigarette taste ..

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
So many great posts and storys! Your guys are amazing. I woke up today and I feel so much better about kicking them. I really think i can quit this time. I'm using 1.8% nic Johnson Creek Domestic and 1000mah ego twist.

I tried to cheat a little and have a few puffs off a regular today, and I truly felt that i didn't need it - then put it out.
All the positive feedback is really encouraging, thanks guys - i will keep you posted :)

That's the way it goes. :)

Very quickly on I often found myself with my PV in one hand, a cigarette in the other, and my brain in meltdown making a decision. More often than not I chose the "Wow - that tastes really good!" PV. More often than not a few drags off a cigarette produced "Yuck! Gross!" and I put it out.

Another part of the battle plan: Make yourself have to get a cigarette. The PV now belongs on the night stand, the pack of butts goes on the top shelf of a kitchen cupboard. When you get up on the morning you just made your decision making a whole lot easier. And stuff like that...

I actually think it's better to know what your reaction to smoking is early on when you are transitioning. If you are like me and the lucky many, once cigarettes go gross on you there will be very little desire to want them anyway. That happened within the first week so it's not like you have to worry/wait/wonder about what would happen three months from now if you had one . But if you are one of those people who still finds something attractive about smoking, early in the game you now know what you are up against. The people who still like smoking where the smoking experience doesn't go gross have to work harder to stay away from them. :( If you know what you are up against you also know what you will have to do to stay quit. Having a .... is a quit smoking experiment. You don't have to be afraid of it this time around.

If the cravings seem especially hard to deal with consider getting 24 mg too. I used both 30 mg and 24 mg when I started. The 30 mg was for bad craving fits but I dropped it after three months. If 24 mg is too much? No worries - you can always get some 12 mg in the same flavor later on, mix them, and end up with 18 mg again. Or any place in between that works for you. (That whole flexibility thing...)

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I find threads like this really inspiring. I only started vaping about 14 days ago, and didn't plan on quitting smoking! Just trying a new hobby. Immediately I liked it better than smoking, taste, and everything. And the 2nd day I realized my 1 1/2 PAD habit was down to about 8-9 cigarettes! OMG I thought I would be smoking to the grave! My smoking went down to like 3 a day quickly (remember? I wasn't even planning on quitting!!!) and the last 4-5 days I have had 1 cigarette in the morning. Today I thought to myself "why?" "what's the need of ONE cigarette?!" so I sorta *forced myself* to not have the one today. I vaped up a storm (because i was "losing" something in my mind--believe me, I think that not planning to quit took some pressure off me but I'm no psychologist).

Another thing that helped me was realizing what a habit smoking was--other people here have mentioned that. If I wanted to smoke, I had to go out the front with my dog. If I wanted to smoke inside I had to go in the mudroom in the back with the fan and open window. So I told myself I would vape for approximately 4 minutes (the average time I took to smoke one cigarette) and then if I wanted a cig, I could go back and have one. So I did "vaping sessions" for a good week, I had to sit there and vape for 4 minutes (i tend to bounce up and down and I can now vape in the house where I couldn't smoke).

One thing I found, I had "urges" like at a commercial break at a TV show, "I need a smoke" and finally found out I didn't "need a smoke" I only needed to leave the room for another room, or go outside.

Reading threads like this helps me too. It gives a person hope that times and things and habits will change. Vape on, Bro.

Shergr

Jul 30, 2013
Wichita, Kansas
The thing about these ecigs is that it's MY choice. I can have a real, honest-to-goodness, tobacco filled, filtered menthol cigarette IF I WANT TO. It's my choice. No one is telling me that I can't have one. The thing is, after vaping full time for a little over a month, I don't want one. It's is just crazy. In a good way. Everything about vaping is individual preference. As others have said, at least now there IS a choice. And an affordable one, at that!

On a side note, I quit analogs cold turkey a couple of years ago. For about 4 days. :). Every hour of each of those 4 days, my only thought was "what do people that don't smoke think about?!?!" LOL! Good luck!!

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
its day 3 of no smokes, and I can't say im doing great.
this is the longest i've gone without one in years.

Actually, that is doing great. Even if it don't feel like it.

Im not craving like I would cold turkey, but I feel like i'm going to "miss them"
Almost like im scared to let them go.

I know exactly what you mean. I know that feeling. I still sometimes "miss them". I liked smoking. I still do. I just don't do it. But I always liked it. Even bad as it was for me and even as I started seeing the damage to my health. I still liked it.

But that "miss them" feeling is weaker all the time. For some time now, it's been weirdly "nostalgic". Not a strong feeling. Sort of, "gosh, wasn't smoking great?" To which, now, some other part of me comes back with, "no, you idiot, it wasn't great!" :)

That did not happen overnight however. That took time. The part of thinking, "like hell it was great, it was awful, and it cost a fortune!"

I actually did not quit the first day. I was "dual use" for a good six weeks. My smoking dropped way, way down when I started vaping but I didn't try to "quit" smoking. I had given up on "quitting". When I stumbled into vaping, I discovered I cut down on smoking without even trying. Dropped from two packs a day to maybe a half dozen cigs per day. I decided if that was all I ever got out of this "vaping" thing, I'd still be ecstatic. To cut back that much without any real effort? That was amazing.

What I found is the more I got "into" vaping and the more I found liquids I liked and the more I enjoyed the vape, the less I wanted a cig. And my smoking kept falling off until I started forgetting--literally forgetting--to light up at all for a day or two at a time. I fell to maybe three cigs per week. That was the point I chucked the remaining ashtray and all. I needed room for some new e-juices that had arrived. :)

I think the thing to do is focus on finding your personal favorite vapes. The more you enjoy vaping, the less you'll think about cigs. Focus on the positive. Finding those liquids you really, really like. Those'll make cigs seem harsh and tasteless and crappy in comparison.

And don't expect yourself to perform miracles. If you "slip" and smoke once in a while, don't beat yourself up. Took me six weeks to come to a complete stop. I've said it before, I'll say it many times again I'm sure...

Not all of us quit the first day.

This ain't a race. There are no prizes if you quit faster than everybody else. This is about you, your life, and your health. And when it comes to smoking, less is better. Less can turn into zero. If you can hold out and not smoke any while you switch to vaping, great. If you "break down" once in a while, so what. Less is better. Long as the number smoked is going down, it's good.

One thing that works for me is to nab an NJoy once in a while. I think they get closest to the "experience" of smoking. I was at the pharmacy yesterday (and now I'm a "non-smoker" type person, why do pharmacies of all places sell cigs anyway?) and spotted "my brand". Nice and shiny and gleaming at me.

Bought an NJoy and got out the door. :)

They did a pretty good job at imitating a "real cig" and they're high nic so they can knock out a craving well. They even look and feel more like a cig (especially compared to my Twists and clearos). I couldn't recommend them to anybody as a "regular vape" (for one, they're too expensive) but those rare moments of "missing smoking" I have now, they're pretty damn good for. I think it's more psychological than anything. They just seem more "real" (part of my brain still wants to think of tobacco cigs as "real ones").

In fact, so "realistic", they kinda irritate my throat the way Marlboro Reds would when I used to bum one off a friend. :)

I see alot of people with the banners saying 1 million days without analogs etc

Do you ever really just not want them at all? Or are there times where you really have to fight it like I am now?

Notice I don't do the banner thing? I don't trust me. :)

I won't ever say I'll "never touch a cigarette again". I think that'd be foolish. I might. If a smoker was around me and offered me one, I might do it just out of curiosity. I don't know.

What has happened is I don't see myself going back. I'm not seeing myself as a "smoker" anymore. I see myself as a "vaper". Who might or might not have a cig once in a while. Maybe. Or not.

But, yes, I go long, long periods now where I don't even think about them anymore. They just don't have anything to do with my life now. They used to be tangled up in everything. Now... they're out there. At stores. I could have one. If I wanted. But they're not here and they're not part of my routine nor my habits. Most days, now, I don't think about them at all.

And it's no longer "a fight". Minor squabbles once in a great while but not a "fight".

Walked out of the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and right into a cloud of some smoker's smoke. Inhaled and thought, "ah, I remember those".

But kept going. Pulled the PV outta my pocket and vaped my way to the pickup. Didn't look back.

And, believe me, I was the last person anybody expected to quit. Oh boy. You should have been around for my attempts to quit. On second thought, bad idea. Folks who were around did not enjoy the experience. I remember one "cold turkey" event that went from "good for you!" to "I'll BUY you an effing pack myself!!!" in about a week.

(Apparently, I am not on my best behavior during nicotine withdrawal.)

Sorry for all the posts, i'm trying to keep my mind off them.

No apologies needed. Post away. Whatever works. Heh, take a look at my post count. I only been here at ECF since frickin' March. :)

We're all here because we all been there...

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Some people can do that "I picked up a PV and never touched a cigarette again" thing. I wanted to hurt those people when I started vaping.

I'm shocked. Just shocked at you. I can't believe you felt that way.

I, on the other hand, merely wanted to ruin their lives over a period of years and slowly drive them mad...

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
That last analog I puffed on didn't taste nearly as good as the juice in my e cig. That's what keeps me away from doing any more smoking. I didn't even know I was gonna quit smoking. Didn't plan it, it just happened. I've quit before, but it was always a big deal, big plans, marking calanders and so forth. Weird that I stopped after all these years of being a 2 PAD gal. Wasp buzzing me in garage, mosquitos in backyard has helped too lol.

pwnguin

Aug 21, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
I've been a consistent smoker for the last 6 or 7 years, anywhere between a pack or two per day for the majority of it. The least I'd smoke was 10 cigs a day. I can honestly say that my s.o. (goes by Alukit round these parts) got me to quit when he bought our egos in june. Since then, I've cheated a few times, but only while drinking. The smell and taste of smoke is very off-putting to me now.

I never have cravings for analogs, per-se. I just will smoke one while drinking (rarely).

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA

Im not craving like I would cold turkey, but I feel like i'm going to "miss them"

Do you ever really just not want them at all? Or are there times where you really have to fight it like I am now?

Hey There dbodin,
:2c:
3 days in...after years. You do not have a certain time limit IMHO. May be hard the 1st week, or month, or year:ohmy:
There is not some "cosmic clock" ticking away, everyone here has/or will find the perfect combination that works for them.
Depending on how long you were doing the analogs, more time may be required,
Yes, there are times (I still have the urge, hanging out with friends/smokers) that I want to "burn tobacco", but my PV is always close at hand.
Hang in there, it does get easier/better.

dbodin

Sep 7, 2013
Texas
all the support really helps guys! Its nice to know im not alone in this. Its officially day 4

and something incredible just happened. i went the whole day with no cigarette, only a couple of puffs off of one in the morning that my girlfriend was smoking. It was a little hard don't get me wrong, i had to fight the urge, but as suggested I learned to distract myself (I would drive to the store and get a soda - while taking my ego, and leaving anything smokeable at home....I even cleaned the ashtrays out of my truck) and the cravings would subside.

I decided I would reward myself tonight and have a "well earned" quick smoke.
And something happened that shocked me, and im still in shock.

It was the worst tasting cigarette I have ever had. it felt like I was smoking dried up bubble gum from the sidewalk. I remember puffing on one yesterday morning and it tasted great.
I couldnt force myself to smoke it. I still "miss them" terribly, i have to admit. It just feels off without one in my hand.
Theres part of me thats scared I will never want them again, but theres a bigger part saying this is really happening and its amazing.

I'll keep you posted! thanks for all the of the support!!

p.s I wasnt aware how difficult breathing has been while smoking. I feel like i've been using an inhaler all day or something! I already have a Very noticeable amount of extra energy. Daily chores seem less draining, I feel more motivated (were all adults here? ) Even sex is noticeably better on both ends! lol.

p.p.s the only downside to vaping thus far is that it REALLY dehydrates you. Which i've been expectant of from reading other stories and posts. I carry a bottle of water everywhere, and the constant trips to the bathrooms can be annoying. I'm also worried that I'm vaping to much... im at 1.8% ( 18 mg I guess? )
I know i'm probably no where near the toxic limit, but should i expect any repercussions from the amount of nicotine im taking in?

P.p.p.s I cant wait to put my own "smoke free for xxxxxx" banner on as well :)!

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
all the support really helps guys! Its nice to know im not alone in this. Its officially day 4

and something incredible just happened. i went the whole day with no cigarette, only a couple of puffs off of one in the morning that my girlfriend was smoking. It was a little hard don't get me wrong, i had to fight the urge, but as suggested I learned to distract myself (I would drive to the store and get a soda - while taking my ego, and leaving anything smokeable at home....I even cleaned the ashtrays out of my truck) and the cravings would subside.

It was the worst tasting cigarette I have ever had. it felt like I was smoking dried up bubble gum from the sidewalk. I remember puffing on one yesterday morning and it tasted great.
I couldnt force myself to smoke it. I still "miss them" terribly, i have to admit. It just feels off without one in my hand.
Theres part of me thats scared I will never want them again, but theres a bigger part saying this is really happening and its amazing.

Real familiar stuff you're describing. Lot of variation between people in this, oh, call it "experience" but once in a while you run into others on the forum you can only say, "Yeah, that." :)

The "miss them" will lose it's grip. May not go away totally. I don't know. I still get it. But now, most every time, it's just kind of a mild... "gosh I miss that". Easy to distract myself from.

Those moments where you "give in" and react with, "these things are awful!" are great moments. Hang on to 'em. I got to a point I started to dread that "I wanna real one" urge. Cigs started giving me headaches. It became a terrible experience. Vaping was so, so much better.

Try not to think of the vaping as a "quit" thing. Think of it as a new, enjoyable hobby. Try flavors. Try different PG/VG mixes. Do some exploring. Lot of folks (myself included) tell stories of that first, "OHMIGAWD" liquid. One you like so much, you start to wonder what you ever saw in cigarettes in the first place. I'm convinced a big, big part of this vaping thing is focusing on the positive. Switching long term habits is not easy. Find the vape "incentives" that'll pull you away from the cigs. Whatever those may be for you.

I can honestly say that though I still sometimes feel a "miss them" thing about cigs, I like vaping much, much more. When I started hitting the right "combinations" of stuff so I enjoyed vaping more than smoking, that's what tipped it all over in the right direction.

p.s I wasnt aware how difficult breathing has been while smoking. I feel like i've been using an inhaler all day or something! I already have a Very noticeable amount of extra energy. Daily chores seem less draining, I feel more motivated (were all adults here? ) Even sex is noticeably better on both ends! lol.

Heh. Speaking of positive incentives. :D

(In all seriousness, smoking has been known to degrade sexual performance. It has multiple bad effects on those... um... systems? Particularly that one we males are a bit... obsessive about. Something to remind yourself of should you be tempted to smoke? :) )

p.p.s the only downside to vaping thus far is that it REALLY dehydrates you. Which i've been expectant of from reading other stories and posts. I carry a bottle of water everywhere, and the constant trips to the bathrooms can be annoying.

I found that evens out over time. Since both PG and VG "steal" water to make vapor, you'll always need some extra hydration. But it seems the body adjusts and you'll level out at something more reasonable in time. You're just starting out. Give yourself some time. It's actually a big adjustment physically. You're still getting the nicotine but you've quit about 4,000 other chemicals known to be in cigarette smoke. Folks all over the forum report all kinds of oddball adjustments. Rarely anything serious. Often annoying. But they pass.

I had weird dreams. And I'm not the only one. I thought no way that was cig/vape related but lots of people here said, "yep, happened to me" or "me too right now". I slept way, way better (shoot, I slept like I was 20 years younger) but the dreams were psycho. It was a weird period.

I'm also worried that I'm vaping to much... im at 1.8% ( 18 mg I guess? )
I know i'm probably no where near the toxic limit, but should i expect any repercussions from the amount of nicotine im taking in?

I don't believe there is such a thing as "vaping too much". Others may argue that point but I'm stubborn. :)

If you get too much nicotine, you'll know. The side effects are very unpleasant. Headaches, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath... you can find lists around. Like, oh, the Wiki: Nicotine poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It'd be like drinking way, way, way too much coffee. I mean huge, excessive amounts. Not "a lot". Absurd amounts. It starts as an "overstimulation" kind of thing.

But the level of toxicity is around 40 to 60 mg. A 1.8% mix means 18mg/ml so I would advise that you do not drink your e-liquid. :)

That is, I know of no other way for you to hit toxic levels other than drinking the e-juice by the bottle. The amounts actually in the vapor are much, much lower. At 1.8% if you have 1ml in your PV, you have around 18mg of nicotine total. You don't vape the entire ml in one long draw obviously. 18mg is just what's "present".

Then the liquid is vaporized. How much nic makes it into the vapor? We're not sure exactly. Some early testing says roughly half. So that 1 ml of 1.8% is capable of maybe delivering a total of 9mg. Not "per puff" but total. So you'd have to count "puffs" and divide the 9mg by the number of puffs (I ain't gonna... not unless somebody gives me a research grant :) ).

Let's pick a number outta the air. Something simple. 90 puffs. Whatever. So you inhale 0.1mg of nicotine each puff.

Of that (totally made up) number, how much does your body actually absorb and how fast?

Uh... dunno. Guess you could get blood tests done while you vape?

(No, seriously, at some point, some folks with grant money hopefully will actually do blood draws and test this stuff out. Be interesting to see. So far, what I have read is that the "experienced vaper" maintains a blood level of nicotine equivalent to a smoker. Nobody can give you "hard numbers" at this point but, basically, your body "knows" how much nicotine it wants. You'll fall into a habitual pattern without thinking much about it because your body "craves" some amount of nicotine. It'll push you to get that nicotine. Just like when you smoked. You didn't think about why you "wanted a cigarette", you just reached for the pack.)

In short: trust yourself. If you were "getting too much", you'd be feeling bad, not better. Most people I see talk about a case of too high a nic level, the first thing everybody mentions is getting a headache when they vape. Yeah, cut your nic then. Immediately. Nausea is a sign also. Feeling "queasy" when vaping. Light headed. Such things. And clearly connected to when you vape (since, after all, those are also signs of just getting plain old sick).

And 1.8% (18mg/ml... just move the decimal, works every time), isn't actually all that high. Is for some. Not for others. The NJoys I supplement with sometimes? They're 4.5% (45mg/ml). About three times stronger. I can even get a "head rush" off one. :)

Also, you're not stuck with "a" level of nicotine. Mine varies from 9mg to 24mg. I do things like start off my day with 18 to 24 then switch down to "coast" at 9. I'll drop as low as 6 (or less) in the evenings before bed (nicotine is a stimulant, I found if I don't cut way, way down on evening nic levels, I can't fall asleep until after two or three in the ayam). Though, lately, I'm moving back upward. Not in big jumps but edging my way up.

All of us who smoked (dipped, chewed, hooka...ed?... whatever) have some level of nicotine that we become used to having circulating in our bloodstreams. Whatever level that may be for the individual. However you "deliver" the nicotine, your body is going to try to hit that level. Whatever it is for you.

And, at first, you "flounder" a bit. You're not used to this new thing and it'll take a bit of adjusting. But you'll get that down pretty fast. Nicotine stimulates dopamine production. The "reward" neurotransmitter. The better you get at "delivering" the nicotine your body wants, the more "reward" you'll get. It'll happen fairly quickly and without you having to think about it much at all.

Oh for crying out loud, I've done it again. I just wanted to write a post not a lecture for a symposium. All these years later I have to admit that every single professor that told me I was an academic at heart and should become a professor at university was right.

<mutter>

<grumble>

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so I may be repeating much that has already been written. However, to add from my experience, what I found for myself is that it wasn't usually that hard. By the way it has been 5+ weeks for me at this point and I smoked for nearly 20 years. What helped me, mostly at first, was having some cig-a-likes for when I really "needed" that form factor to be satisfied. Also, though I generally prefer fruity juices, I do still get occasional cravings that only seem to be satisfied by a tobacco flavor - and even the cig-a-like form factor, too, sometimes still helps. Currently I have 3 tobacco type ejuices reserved for times when I need a "craving killer": AVE Boba's Bounty, Halo's Tribeca, and Heather's Heavenly Vapes Legend (Gandalf). In my limited experience, also, I've found that managing the nicotine level of the juice is also important. I tried stepping down to a lower nicotine juice, and after a few days I felt like I was always chasing my "therapeutic level," but never actually arriving. Consequently, at this point I have juices in varying strengths so that I have options. I'm currently waiting on a 3.6% ejuice for "special occasions," like when I need a fix IMMEDIATELY and have little time. I'm generally at 1.8%, so truly the 3.6% will be for emergency purposes, but I'm really finding that thinking through what my needs are and INVESTING in acquiring what it takes so that vaping is encouraging and gives me a sense of consolation. Sure, I'm spent a ton of money upfront, but I can't put a price on going FIVE WEEKS with no smoking - it seems like a freaking miracle, really.

I don't know how much this helps, but look, man, there are going to be times when you have cravings. As a former Boy Scout, all that I can say is: Be Prepared. I don't know what it's going to take for you, but you'll figure it out. I do strongly encourage you to find out what works for you as a "craving killer," though. Then you can say, "Hello Craving, I knew that you'd show up; I have something that you might enjoy." Truly, the cravings got less and less for me...but there are still hard days. I expect them, and I'm increasingly better prepared to deal with them.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012

p.p.s the only downside to vaping thus far is that it REALLY dehydrates you. Which i've been expectant of from reading other stories and posts. I carry a bottle of water everywhere, and the constant trips to the bathrooms can be annoying. I'm also worried that I'm vaping to much... im at 1.8% ( 18 mg I guess? )

P.p.p.s I cant wait to put my own "smoke free for xxxxxx" banner on as well :)!

Congratulations! :toast:

It's good that you are remembering to drink more water (and that's good for you in general, anyways). If you are vaping too much, you'll be able to tell - if you start getting nauseous for example, just have some water or something to eat and wait until you start to feel more normal again.

I used to just carry my ego around all the time, even if I wasn't hitting off of it - I guess it was just the comfort of holding something in my hands.

By the way, my husband still smokes and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. He only smokes in his hobby room, or outside, and I don't let him smoke in my car.

Anyway, congrats and good luck!

gammaxgoblin

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Utah, US

You will always want them. It just gets easier and easier to ignore it. Some days or weeks not at all. You need to appreciate the vast amount of conditioning you have put into your brain. There are thousands of scenarios that will trigger a craving for an analog if you have used them long enough. You have only just begun to shift those triggers from a response of an analog to the response of a vape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread