Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
When dealing with a T3 or any other bottom coil device with a tank, the number of variables that can make it leak and how often it leaks are kind of large. They don't leak by a delicate balance of surface tension provided by the wicks and pressure equalization as the liquid is consumed. The viscosity of the specific liquid involved is a large factor and that changes as the liquid is heated as it nears the hot coil and warm coil housing.

Variations in air pressure will also cause leaks if they are great enough and occur quickly. That can actually be simulated by someone who pulls long and very hard and, by doing that, exceeds the capacity of the coil to vaporize the liquid letting it get pulled into the air tube and pool in the atomizer housing which can lead to leaks.

The bottom line with leaks is that they happen due to too much air getting into the liquid tank through a path other than the wick/coil assembly. That can happen from a variety of locations, but not any specific one seems to be the only culprit. The internal seals can cause problems as can the joints between the tank, bottom coil assemble, mouthpiece and trim rings. These air paths can be very small, so small that they are not visible without some fairly strong magnification.

Quality control is always a problem when dealing with mass produced items from overseas. Wicks can end up slightly out of place or even be left out. All of that can combine to produce leaks. On top of all of that there are always the unknowns involved and the unanticipated things that go wrong with any system, simple or complex.

From my own experience with vaping, all seven months of it so far, the T3 is fairly reliable and easy to use. None of the vendors selling T3s offer much in the way of instructions other than "unscrew the bottom, pour in your liquid, screw the bottom back on and vape". In terms of care/cleaning, that is not in the vendors best interests. They are there to sell a product and make some money in the process.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I thought I'd gotten an instruction card, though that may have been for the Kanger T3s. SI does have instructions in the T3 product description.

How to Fill
With an empty T3, unscrew the bottom of the T3.
Hold the tank upside down and fill with approximately 2.4ml of liquid.
While it is still upside down screw the bottom back on the clearomizer.
The T3 is now ready for use.

Last edited:

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
I've read a ton of your posts regarding T3s in various threads lately while researching this product. Please explain to me the purpose of the "....." spread sporadically throughout your posts. They make reading a laboriously confusing chore.

.......................................:laugh:...................................:thumb:

Last edited:

Basilor

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I've read a ton of your posts regarding T3s in various threads lately while researching this product. Please explain to me the purpose of the "....." spread sporadically throughout your posts. They make reading a laboriously confusing chore.

It's all about style, and Debra has her own unique style. Which I have come to enjoy reading. And I know it's difficult for her to type. It's almost like listening to her talk, the ..... are pauses to me, and her mind switches gears.

Like I said, I enjoy her style.

Mark

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
The bottom line with leaks is that they happen due to too much air getting into the liquid tank through a path other than the wick/coil assembly. That can happen from a variety of locations, but not any specific one seems to be the only culprit. The internal seals can cause problems as can the joints between the tank, bottom coil assemble, mouthpiece and trim rings. These air paths can be very small, so small that they are not visible without some fairly strong magnification.
Just realized, I did do something other than clean mine before they stopped leaking. I had 1 leak out of the tube where it meets the silver band on the bottom so I put clear nail polish on all of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread