Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Hey guys ! I was just wondering regarding the T3 - I have been watching some videos on the Kanger T3's for lack of videos of the SI T3's (Outlaw - I am refreshing your Youtube page everyday) & I was just wondering, in most of them they recommend removing one of the 2 loose wicks that are on the top... Making the juice easier to feed - but I've also seen comments from people saying that doing so will make the tank more susceptible to flooding.

Recommendations - for the 60/40 PG/VG blend that NicQuid offers ?

Been fiddling with them and should have a video by the end of the weekend. So far I have found that they are best used stock. Removing the wicks have caused some flooding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
Been fiddling with them and should have a video by the end of the weekend. So far I have found that they are best used stock. Removing the wicks have caused some flooding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ditto here remove one wick.....flooding...so I don't dare leave both off........

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I was just wondering, in most of them they recommend removing one of the 2 loose wicks that are on the top... Making the juice easier to feed - but I've also seen comments from people saying that doing so will make the tank more susceptible to flooding.

Recommendations - for the 60/40 PG/VG blend that NicQuid offers ?

I suspect that recommendation was for thicker juice. I have only used some SI juice and some from a local store (unknown ratio) in them so far. No leaks for me.

I have some 100% VG juice steeping that I will test in a week or two. The company has a reputation for having thinner VG, but it is still thicker than any I've tried. Chances are that Outlaw will get his vid up before I try it, though.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I'm having pretty rotten problems with the gurgling today. I don't know why. Started with a head I'd been using for about 4 days, so I rinsed that one really good with hot water. Took the silicone cap off and removed the tube to expose the wicks and coil. They were a bit dark but not gunked up. I did remove the two loose wicks to inspect the coil but I put 'em back just like I found them. Let it dry for a few hours. STILL gurgling and spitting all the time.

I declared that head to be dead. Popped in a new one and had the SAME problem from puff #1. I'm guessing the gurgling is from flooding. I'm vaping (or TRYING to vape) some 60/40 Voo's Broo from Copper Creek. I've had this stuff in a T3 before with no problems. So I don't know what's up. Could be the weather? We've been below freezing with intermittent hail all day here, but my equipment has never left the house and it's above 70F in here.

Gettin' kinda frustrated....Been through two batteries too so charge level doesn't seem to be an issue....grrrrr.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
I saw this in another thread... can you isolate where you're hearing the gurgling?

One of the T3 threads in the forum shows a mouth piece difference.. where the inner tube is not flared properly causing condensation to drip outside that tube on a ledge in the mouth piece.. if the gurgling is from there, cleaning and changing heads isn't going to help

the suggestion in that thread.. and I wish I remembered where I saw it, was to take some sort of hard tool (I used a scissor with a very small tip) and using the hard edge flare that inside tube out a bit.. slowly - a little bit at a time - constantly turning the T3 as you go. I'm pretty sure there was even a video. Rinse when done in case of metal shavings.

kac12

Jan 19, 2013
Iowa
Okay, my T3s, X2 manual 650 batt, and vanilla juice came today. I got the first T3 filled okay and it's been vaping great. I feel like the draw is a little airy, but not too much for my taste. Definitely not enough to upset me. I have a question about gurgling though. I didn't use it at all while at work tonight and it sat in a room that is probably about 45-50 degrees, now that I'm home I notice every time I draw on it it makes a little popping noise, just one little noise right as I start to draw on it. Then it's quiet. Is that the gurgling you guys are referring to? I just switched from a Blu setup and was used to the carts crackling a little bit when they were brand new, is that what I'm experiencing here? No leaking yet, knock on wood, but I haven't come close to finishing the 2ml I filled it with today. We'll see what happens when I clean/refill it.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
It sounds like it's coming from further down the tube, near the head, but I'm really not sure. I might try the fix you're referring to once I've got a few more tanks. I put some Fire 'n Ice from juicy vapors in one and that tank is now to be used ONLY with other cinnamon flavors, heh.

But anyway. I'm not totally bummed. The T3 is still the best delivery device I've tried.

And to the other poster, no the popping you're hearing is the coils heating, and maybe overheating for a second while dry, before the juice gets to it. The gurgling sound is different. You'll know it when/if you hear it, for sure.
:)

I saw this in another thread... can you isolate where you're hearing the gurgling?

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
I'd had some flooding and gurgling issues when my T3's got below 1ml and gave up. Heard awsum tout their praises, and since he always seems to really know his -s h ! t- decided to give them another go... Still had gurgling and leaking at 1ml till I decided I'd put enough juice though it (about 2 refills when getting down to 1ml) and figured it would be a good idea to wash the wicks... Since I still had 1ml in the tube I just took off the base and did nothing but run the head under steaming hot water. Now I'm at .6ml and no gurgles or leaks... Break in period? Don't know, but what I do know is that with the ego threads and ego adapters, no matter where I advance to (lavatube, vamo, or tesla), the T3 is my go to device! Freakin love these things now!
Edit: down to 0.4ml (the first line above the metal band). Had a little gurgling, but then "dry fired" it for like 5 seconds, and again hittin like a champ!

Last edited:

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I'd had some flooding and gurgling issues when my T3's got below 1ml and gave up. Heard awsum tout their praises, and since he always seems to really know his -s h ! t- decided to give them another go... Still had gurgling and leaking at 1ml till I decided I'd put enough juice though it (about 2 refills when getting down to 1ml) and figured it would be a good idea to wash the wicks... Since I still had 1ml in the tube I just took off the base and did nothing but run the head under steaming hot water. Now I'm at .6ml and no gurgles or leaks... Break in period? Don't know, but what I do know is that with the ego threads and ego adapters, no matter where I advance to (lavatube, vamo, or tesla), the T3 is my go to device! Freakin love these things now!

Oh glory be A new convert,,,,,,,,,,,ALLUYA,,,Praise be.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
I learnt yesterday....about t3 tube................I guess ive been cleaning the tube...in to much hot water...when screwing on to head the top mouth piece broke off in fingers ..around the top silver ring...snaped it clean off...no way to fix it ...my first juice pour out all over the hands:facepalm:

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
I learnt yesterday....about t3 tube................I guess ive been cleaning the tube...in to much hot water...when screwing on to head the top mouth piece broke off in fingers ..around the top silver ring...snaped it clean off...no way to fix it ...my first juice pour out all over the hands:facepalm:
Well Jesus H... That shouldn't happen!

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
plus I did soak them in hot water like real hot....the glue ....well I guess theres glue sealing ring to tube...has got leak from to much heat...so lesson learnt...ill have to be careful...like holding tube in centre..when screwing on....cause my other ones..are probably leak now as well....owell.....ive learnt ....:ohmy:oh dear weak.....not leak....but it was a big leak in the end

Last edited:

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
plus I did soak them in hot water like real hot....the glue ....well I guess theres glue sealing ring to tube...has got leak from to much heat...so lesson learnt...ill have to be careful...like holding tube in centre..when screwing on....cause my other ones..are probably leak now as well....owell.....ive learnt ....:ohmy:oh dear weak.....not leak....but it was a big leak in the end

I've read a ton of your posts regarding T3s in various threads lately while researching this product. Please explain to me the purpose of the "....." spread sporadically throughout your posts. They make reading a laboriously confusing chore.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
My final thoughts on this product: Due to the problems listed here in this thread, I believe that SI should re-evaluate this product to absolutely determine what causes the gurgling sound and the leaking of fluid onto the battery post (not slight condensation, but large amounts). What causes these problems? They can't all be operator errors. There is no instruction pamphlet with the T3 regarding do's and don'ts or even how to properly fill it. We are not all ...... out here , however having succinct instructions on this devices operation would alleviate most of said problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread