Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Damn, I really hope the call to action works. Imagine if 99.9% of your stuff wasn't here, and you had to fork out marked up prices for your gear even in 'murica.
:cry::cry::cry:

And that is why it is Important to Pass this CTA along to Non-ECF'ers so they can Know about the Call-In on Wednesday. And about HR-2058.

E-Mail it. Text It. Tweet It. Facebook It. Heck, Paint it on the Back Window of your Car.

Tell 10 People to Tell 10 People. Just Spread the Word.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I know it’s rather Eeyoreish, but I’ve always more than half figured we’d have to fight it after they pass it, a la njoy. Pollitically, it’s rather hip to be anti nic, save the children. Wonder how they’ll come down on cigar regulation vs ecig regulation, or do they have to pass the whole kit and caboodle with no alterations?

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
BTW - Great Banner at the Top on all the ECF Pages.
The banner should be corrected, in my opinion, in the interest of presenting accurate information. The contents of the deeming regulations have NOT been leaked, just the TABLE of contents. Very significant difference there.

Edit: banner has now been corrected. Thanks Joe!

Last edited:

Major Meatwad

Oct 27, 2015
Central Fl
I am so pro vaping but this bill concerns me as the HR2058 Bill adds: :-x

"Section 901(b) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 387a(b)) is amended—

(1) by striking “This chapter shall apply” and inserting the following:

“(1) IN GENERAL.—This chapter shall apply”; and

(2) by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

“(2) DEEMED TOBACCO PRODUCTS.—For each tobacco product deemed subject to the requirements of the Act pursuant to paragraph (1), each reference in sections 905(j) and 910(a)—

“(A) to ‘February 15, 2007’, shall be considered to be a reference to ‘the effective date of the regulation under which a tobacco product is deemed subject to the requirements of this Act pursuant to section 901(b)(1)’; and

“(B) to ‘21 months after the date of enactment of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act’, shall be considered to be a reference to ‘21 months after such effective date’.”.

DEEMED TOBACCO PRODUCTS.—For each tobacco product deemed subject to the requirements of the Act pursuant to paragraph (1), each reference in sections 905(j) and 910(a)."

There isn't a section 905(j) and 910(a) YET!!:eek:

Also 21 months after Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act was passed on June 22 2009 is April 2011?:confused:

How does that help at all?:oops:

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 387a(b)) already exist so how does this help by amending to "generally" and adding a mysterious section 905(j) 910(a). What is in those sections. Does it list e-cig devices as well?

Coincidentally this bill co-sponsored by all Republicans. Seems very backed by BIG Tobacco!

I do not want to thwart call to action (casaa.org).
I just do not want to panic and cry out for some bill that I do not legally understand its implications.

As it stands now, I can buy Vaping Juice and Devices with the current 21 U.S.C. 387a(b) Regulations anywhere and everywhere.:banana:

Much easier to challenge existing law than to add further reinforcing to support some unknown agenda supported only by republicans.

Btw "republicans are all on the top 20 list of financial support by "Big Tobacco".:smokie:

Big tobacco cant compete with the need for Vaping so eliminate the competition by regulation.:rickroll:

Google is your friend.:toast:

Cheers!

XRaptureX

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2015
This whole thing makes me mad.

[edited] is becoming legal just about everywhere, and that's apparently okay, but I can't vape?

Tobacco puts alot of money in the government's pockets, and because vaping doesn't, I can't vape?

So many people die every year through alcohol related accidents, and I don't see anybody regulating that, but I can't vape?

WTH?

End of line.

Last edited by a moderator:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The banner should be corrected, in my opinion, in the interest of presenting accurate information. The contents of the deeming regulations have NOT been leaked, just the TABLE of contents. Very significant difference there.

I think what is Important is for People to Pick Up the Phone and to Make a Call on Wednesday.

• Second, please take a moment, on Wednesday,
    October 28th, to Call the White House at 202-456-1111.

We have provided talking points below.

Talking points:

• I am calling to urge President Obama to protect consumer choice and demand that
    the FDA re-work its Tobacco Deeming Regulations so that the existing wide
    variety of e-cigarette and vapor products can remain on the
    market.

• As written, the FDA’s proposed e-cigarette regulations will remove 99.9% of vapor
    products from the market.

• Please briefly share your personal story about switching to vapor products. Make sure
    to include any improvements in health you have experienced or, perhaps, that
    your doctor has observed. If the variety of flavors are important to you, be
    sure to mention that too.

• Thank you. I hope we can count on the President to protect adult access to these
    life-saving products.
Third, please share this post with your friends.

http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html

Major Meatwad

Oct 27, 2015
Central Fl
I think what is Important is for People to Pick Up the Phone and to Make a Call on Wednesday.

• Second, please take a moment, on Wednesday,
    October 28th, to Call the White House at 202-456-1111.

We have provided talking points below.

Talking points:

• I am calling to urge President Obama to protect consumer choice and demand that
    the FDA re-work its Tobacco Deeming Regulations so that the existing wide
    variety of e-cigarette and vapor products can remain on the
    market.

• As written, the FDA’s proposed e-cigarette regulations will remove 99.9% of vapor
    products from the market.

• Please briefly share your personal story about switching to vapor products. Make sure
    to include any improvements in health you have experienced or, perhaps, that
    your doctor has observed. If the variety of flavors are important to you, be
    sure to mention that too.

• Thank you. I hope we can count on the President to protect adult access to these
    life-saving products.
Third, please share this post with your friends.

http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html

Asking Big Tobacco republicans to Fix this might not be the best idea? :danger:

That is what the call to action is unfortunately.:vapor:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
will all this stuff apply to 0nic juice too? cuz that's my goal!

It Shouldn't. But Until the Complete Proposed Rule set is Available, I would make No Guarantee's.

What Every Vaper should be Thinking about (even if the Vape 0mg or have 10L of Nicotine Base in a Freezer) is the how will this Effect the Smoker who might want to Switch down the Road.

I sure would like the Next Generation of people Switch to e-Cigarettes to have the Same Chances of Success quitting Smoking that I had.

And I feel without a Fight, and Without a Large, Coordinated Effort, that the future for them might Not be so Bright.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
will all this stuff apply to 0nic juice too? cuz that's my goal!
That's a valid question but isn't it important that nic remain a viable option for those that haven't started vaping or need a little nic? The regulations may well keep people smoking and eventually kill them. It needs to remain an affordable, easily obtainable option for those that do not want to smoke.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I'm not in the US but I'll do what I can, definitely stocking up on a few years of nicotine and getting a couple extra RTA's along with extra seals and glass.

We need to fight to have our own regulatory commission, how the hell are they supposed to give vaping proper attention it needs, when they look at it like cigarettes, have their hands in so many other pockets and are only seeking to ban it and not make it safer.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
It Shouldn't. But Until the Complete Proposed Rule set is Available, I would make No Guarantee's.

What Every Vaper should be Thinking about (even if the Vape 0mg or have 10L of Nicotine Base in a Freezer) is the how will this Effect the Smoker who might want to Switch down the Road.

I sure would like the Next Generation of people Switch to e-Cigarettes to have the Same Chances of Success quitting Smoking that I had.

And I feel without a Fight, and Without a Large, Coordinated Effort, that the future for them might Not be so Bright.

Well said, ZM. I could not agree more. This is not just about the money. More importantly, there are lives at stake here. Not that anyone in the government will care or even consider that fact :(

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
That's a valid question but isn't it important that nic remain a viable option for those that haven't started vaping or need a little nic? The regulations may well keep people smoking and eventually kill them. It needs to remain an affordable, easily obtainable option for those that do not want to smoke.
I completely agree. Freedom of choice is what we want. Nicotene & Caffeene are the only recreational drugs I have anymore. The government is trying to legislate all aspects of our lives!

Stephen1520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2015
Texas
I know I'm very behind on all of this and I understand how the FDA can regulate a product containing nicotine. But I don't understand how they can regulate an e-juice that is made solely from FDA approved products (that does not contain nic) and I definitely don't understand how they can regulate a mechanical product that a large percent of the time doesn't have anything to do with nicotine (mods, empty tanks, coils, drip tips, etc)

It's our Totalitarian/Authoritarian government at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread