Unable oquit analogs yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
Yes, why cant they come up with a flavor that tastes exactly like a cig? With that flavor and finding the right strength, that would make it so EASY for everyone to quit.

Actually, a lot of people find that they much prefer the "other" flavours over the tobacco type flavours. It surprises most people who discover this, but a significant portion don't use any of the tobacco-alike flavours.

I was one who figured I'd need the tobacco taste, but haven't had anything tobacco flavoured since my first week of vaping.

And the truth of the matter is that none of the tobacco flavours can mimick the exact taste of smoking tobacco. The best they can do is just get kind of close and "suggest" a tobacco-like experience.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
You can also try MyFreedomSmoke as they have double times flavors as well as mixing kits to DIY and base, cutting juice which is just the nic with nothing else.

You after a fruit flavor? sweet? tobacco?

Nothing I have tried will taste like the ol' analog. Closest I have found is Dunhill and I mean it blew me away with how close it really was.....but it was still only close.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
I was one who figured I'd need the tobacco taste, but haven't had anything tobacco flavoured since my first week of vaping.

Yep, as an ex roll up smoker I assumed I needed a really strong tobacco taste, yet my favorite is the mild/sweetish "555", I also like the "RY4" I recieved yesterday.

The closest "tobacco" flavour I've found in my (limited) experience is the "marlboro" stuff, which I've cut with RY4, because ironically, I don't really like it...because it's too tobacco-ish. :oops:

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
Is there a such thing as flavorless nico juice with 24 or 36 mg? If so, anyone tried that and how does it taste? We are having problems with finding a taste we like

It smells of tobacco (the Totally Wicked Flavourless) -- like when you first open a fresh pack of cigs, but harsher. I does have a tobacco flavour somewhat, but still not like smoking tobacco.

If flavour is the issue I suggest you try something like a minty menthol. I never smoked/liked menthol cigs, but menthol e-liquid can taste more like having a nice fresh mint candy in your mouth -- refreshing. Many who never smoked/liked menthol cigs enjoy menthol e-liquid. Or try some of the fruit flavours. Experimentation is the only way to really find your flavour(s).

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
If you go with the 24, you might want to try Rocky Mountain Vapors. He has very good prices on several tastes of nic. Fast shipping too. Not a plug for him (well, I guess it is) but after our few months on here, we've found that's where we almost always go for "juice". Everyone has their favorite vendor.
BTW, I smoked 2-3 packs a day and my wife smoked about a pack a day. We started out at 24 and go from 24 to 18, depending on the taste. She likes the flavors, like cotton candy. I prefer those that give me more of a regular tobacco taste, like Camel, Marlboro, Mixed Tobacco, and Virginia. We're among those who were lucky enough to stop analogs the same day we started vaping.

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
Yes, why cant they come up with a flavor that tastes exactly like a cig? With that flavor and finding the right strength, that would make it so EASY for everyone to quit.

The problem is that flavor and strength requirements are subjective and vary from person to person.

I went from 11mg to 16mg to 24mg. That was my sweet spot, but I also cut the strength for some DIY flavors and am happy with a mix of 24mg and lower.

I smoke menthol, but love the camel, R2, cigar and chocolate flavors. I wound buying menthol crystals to enhance the flavor of the menthol and I'm buying LorAnn flavoring to try some different things out.

There is a flavor out there with your name on it. My problem is vaping is as much of a hobby as it is a replacement for smoking.

Get sample bottles of tobacco flavors. You never know what will be the exact taste you want. And, order your juice from different vendors. Taste changes based on who is making your juice.

Just to complicate matters further, I understand that different models of e-cigs make the same juice taste differently. This is something I've read on the forum and not experienced first hand.

smc

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
California
I smoked around a pack a day. 18mg was not enough to transfer my addiction totally to the e-cig. I moved to 24mg and was still smoking 1-3 cigs a day. After a few weeks I was down to 1 cig. I have now gone 3 days without a cig, and to be honest talking about it makes me want one... puff ecig... Ok better now.

In my case it took me awhile to accustom myself to the absorption rate of the ecig. Analogs are immediate and I missed that for some time. I would imagine moving to e-cigs is much like moving to snus.

Steve Dallas

Oct 14, 2009
We got our first e-cigs Saturday(about 4 days ago). My husband and i are 2-packs a day smokers(40 cigs). We both still smoking about 10 cigs a day. I figured it is because we havent got the strength & flavor of juice right yet. We have several that we are trying. Why is it everyone i see on here never touched another analog when e-cig arrived? Why is it not happening for us? The e-cig takes the edge off and we have cut way down but.... we really wana do away with the cigs.

Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

Don't give up!

I have been Vaping for only 2 weeks and finally kicked tobacco about a week ago. My first E-Cig (Super Cigarette) helped me reduce my cigarette consumption, but always left me craving that warm oh-so-good analog smoke.

It wasn't until I received my BE-112 (almost identical to the DSE-801) that I finally found a suitable replacement. I also got rid of all analogs, so whenever I got the urge the only choice I had was to vape.

I'm smoking the 36mg E-Liquid from electroniccigarettesofhouston_dotcom. The Ry4 is tasty!

What E-Cigarette are y'all smoking? Whoops, I mean vaping. Lol

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
dinky1: I have been vaping for a couple of months. If I get my nic too high, I get jittery and I don't like the pounding heart thing. I smoked 1.5 -2 packs lights per day for 40 years as well. I have found what works best for me is to vape very, very low 5-6 with the occasional hit of 12-16. I haven't used anything higher than that. BUT I have not gotten totally off cigs yet either. I smoke 3-5 per day. I also tend to keep the PV in hand since I don't work and can do so....like a baby with a pacifier I sit around vaping. What I am finding however, is that cigs taste HORRID to me now! I have so far today not smoked even one because I just don't want my mouth tasting yuuuck. That is a significant improvement it has just been in the last several days that the cigs just became unappealing to me.

I might try some other technique, like upping nic and vaping less frequently to see if that works. My whole point is you have to find what works for YOU and don't be too hard on yourself. Even the major reduction you have accomplished is GREAT and you will start reaping the benefits like I have.

Good luck, don't give up and, please, give yourself a break!!

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Why is it everyone i see on here never touched another analog when e-cig arrived? Why is it not happening for us?

Actually, I wondered the same thing because it didn't happen for me either (2 pack/day smoker). In fact, I got my first e-cig last December and didn't finally quit analogs until last week. And it wasn't an easy transition at all for me like it seems to be for some people. In fact, I still have the urge to smoke.

In some ways, the e-cig was almost magical in that it could keep me from smoking. But I also had to want to quit for it to work. And I had to believe that the e-cig was giving me what I needed. I definitely went through withdrawal or detox or something, though, that made me feel horrible. In fact, I still don't feel good but I don't even know now if it's still from quitting analogs, or it's a side effect of taking up vaping or it's the lingering cold/sinus thing I was dealing with when I quit analogs last week. I tend to think it's a combination of all three and I'll just be glad when I'm over it.

For the first few days, it seems like all I did was puff on my e-cig. I was vaping constantly to keep from smoking an analog. I was a heavy smoker of ultra light cigarettes and wasn't a deep inhaler. Yet my addiction to analogs is (was?) powerful. I'm convinced that the amount of time I'd spent putting an analog to my lips, inhaling smoke and exhaling smoke was as strong of a force as the nicotine addiction itself. And that's the part that makes the e-cig a bit magical. It didn't take away my desire to smoke because it's not the same feeling, but it mimics the habit so well that I was able to keep ignoring the urges without too much difficulty. It's been a week and I still want to smoke. But thanks to my e-cig, I don't have to.

I'm not sure if any of this helps, but basically, it wasn't instant for me and I really did have to QUIT analogs. It wasn't easy at all, but my e-cig made it a lot easier. My advice is to keep doing what you're doing — get used to the e-cig for a while and let it take the place of some analogs. Then when you're ready, don't think in terms of quitting smoking, think in terms of just seeing how long you can hold off the urge to smoke by vaping. You might find yourself quitting completely, like I did.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
ok, I'll add to this lol

I'd suggest going for a 36 mg unflavored to buy right now...That way you can vape it strt..Or mix it half and half with the one flavor youve found so far that you can semi handle ( this will also adjust the nic level till you are comfortable)...( I won't go into DIYing with it right now, least you be overwhelmed lol)...
Doing this will keep you vaping and finding your correct nic level with no stopping ..While you search for a few flavors you can vape all day.. Finding at least one good flavor is very important.
Note: (Totally Wicked and Ecopure are two unflavored nic liquids that actully both have a slight hint of flavor= not over powering)

I would highly suggest a sampler pack....And if it were me ordering for the first time. looking for a flavor this is probably what I would order, off the top of my head.. (without going bankrupt lol)

TOBACCOS
I'd order> Winston and or Dunhill - If you like one of these then you'll probably like> kent, benson and hedges, some marlbrors, cubin cigar, turkish blend, hilton, runyan #4.. (these are "low to no sweet" flavors and are most analog like, to me)

I'd order> Flue Cured - If you like this one you'll probably like > Virginia, DK-TAB, camel, ry4 ( these usually have a more sweet undertone of caramel/ vanilla/hickory - very popular with some)

OTHER FLAVS
I'd order> your favorite fruit flavor
I'd order> a capuccino and or coffee
I'd order> a chocolate and or vanilla
I'd order> a sweet mint and or menthol

That will give you a nice map of sample bottles to know which way you lean...Don't be afraid of mixing them.. If this tobaccos too sweet and that ones not sweet enough, mix them..If you'd like to add a little bit of nut flav to another flavor, add some 555...Try mixing a little mint in with your fruit flavor or coffee+ chocolate.. You get the idea. Next sampler pack I'd order I'd go for some more exotic flavors. Clove, cotton candy etc..I love cinnamon or maybe vanilla in my tobacco flavors..Once you find a few flavors you like you can try a few different suppliers of the same flav..

Remember with smoking, nic absorbs way faster into the blood stream then it does with vaping... So start vaping before your craving gets too high... Vape for 15 mins before picking up the cig ( time for it to work).. Holding vapor in your mouth before inhaling it will increase the rate of absorption faster...**Know the signs off too much nicotine - heart palpitations- jittery- sweating etc.. Good luck (smile)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread