Unable oquit analogs yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
You'll find alopt of empathy for quitting analogs on this forum. Many, many have quit and many more are on thier way. I overlapped analogs & e-cigs for about a month. I started at 18mg and styed there while I stopped the analogs. The magic day was one where I just finished a pack the night before so I didn't have any on me the next day. I just told myself to go one full day of e-cigs and see what happens. I found myself vaping alot that day (and the days after) bit I DID do it and it wasn't that hard. I came to the realization that vaping & smoking are two completely different animals. Analogs were a brief "session" that started with the lighting of it and had to continue cuz it was lit. vaping sessions tend to be sometimes very short - a quick 3 - 4 hits in the bathroom. These quick hits would satisfy the craving pretty well without doing the equivolent of a whole analog. Those first days I did alot of those quick sessions every time I had a craving and it totally worked!

This nay not work for everyone, but when you get some 24mg or other high nic juice, pick a day, ditch your analogs and go for one day of e cigs alone. Don't be afraid to do some quick hits and get back to what you were doing. Try like hell to avoid going out with the other analog smokers. If you're around them it'll be really hard not join in. This is VERY important!

As others have said, you've done an amazing thing cutting back as much as you have. So now it's just a matter of finishing the job and if you do what I've said above, it just may turn the trick for you!

BTW - I have steadily moved down the nic tree - from 18 to 12 to 6 now. I want to be zero nic ultimately and I know I can do it. I do it every night after 5.

Good luck and know you have a great on-line support group behind you!!!

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I have been vaping for 3 weeks and still smoked at least 1 analog per day usually in the morning. For the last 6 days I have been analog free. The key for me was to vape 18mgs most of the time but to use 24mgs first thing in the morning or anytime I have been unable to vape for 4 or more hours. This seemed to do the trick and helped stop the cravings.

Note: Smoked 1 pack a day for 22 yrs.

Trixie

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
US
dinky1, much good advice, and as you can see there is no "right" way of doing this. I spent two months moving down from 30-40 daily until I was smoking between 1 and 3 a day. Then one morning I got up and just didn't have a desire for that morning one and haven't had the desire since. I set the counter as of the first day I actually went smokefree, but if I choose to smoke a cigarette I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm just delighted that I haven't really wanted one since that day, but I attribute that to the fact that I vape whenever I want, and haven't even begun to reduce the nic levels yet (I'm mostly 18 mg. at this point).
So take the advice which seems to feel right for you, and don't worry about some arbitrary timetable - let your personal experience guide you. You can't do it wrong, so just do what feels right.

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA
I know I'm seconding a lot of what's here, but, really, up the nic. I went 5 months not able to quit. Went down to about 1/3 what I had smoked right away using 11 mg/mL. Went up to 36, still smoking. Passthrough and a kensington battery helped, but not all the way. 5 volt mod, nice, but not completely satisfying. Then I got some 60 mg/mL liquid and spiked my 36 50/50 up to about 48 mg/mL, and that's finally done the trick. Occasionally I spike the cart with an extra drop of the 60 when I'm really craving, and that's that.

Flavor wise, I was a menthol smoker and like the minty stuff, peppermint mostly, rather than menthol, which is kinda harsh by itself, IMO. Recently, i still had some vanilla in a cart I topped up with menthol and that's very nice. Strawberry or raspberry plus coconut also a fav. Mostly, however, I just needed to up the nic, and I wasn't that heavy a smoker (1/2 pack of skinny menthol lights per day).

Eventually, it did work, but I had to take the nic WAY up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread