• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Unofficial canvape Fanboy/Fangirl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Got some good advice today at the booth when I was picking up a restock of DIY stuff.
Was told the licorice is very strong and was advised to not use too much.
So I make up a bunch of combinations with 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% licorice along with other flavours.
I'm thinkin' that these levels should be around what I'm looking for.
In a 5ml mix 1% is approx. 1 drop, 2% is 2 drops etc.

So I mix and put them away to let steep for 4-6 weeks, but of course a few hours later I'm pulling
'em out to try one. I go with the 1% licorice, 8% Vanilla bean ice cream mix....

Well lets just say the licorice flavour is not an underlying flavour note....it's good at 1% but not as
"underlying" as I was shooting for. The 2, 3 and 4% mixes are gonna be over the top but I'm still
looking forward to trying them a few weeks out.

I guess I should have tested the 1% level before making the other 6-5ml. batches.
For 1/2% level I'm gonna have to make a 10ml. test mix, as it's not possible to measure out
1/2 a drop of licorice.lol.

Live and learn. I should have heeded the advice I was given and used "extreme" caution
with the licorice.(but maaan it does taste good!)

I just love doin' DIY, it makes me Happy, happy, happy. Thanks Canvape!:)

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Since it shows you are from Toronto you could always head down to one of their locations on the weekend. Otherwise I highly recommend the ry4 and cherry coke. I have Mt Dew along with a bunch of other DIY flavors ordered for the weekend when I head to the market.

I keep looking at the MVP and iclear should try them out sometime, ordered another vivi nova mini with a replacement metal tank since they seem to work well for me.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
The vapenjuice(dekang) is hit or miss... Vanilla, butterscotch and Dr. Pepper I personally dislike but they do have some good flavors like any brand. Ry4, cherry coke, kool, iced cap mixed with kool if you like coffee are the ones I really enjoy. The wildbery has allot of fans while I don't hate it I also don't care to vape it over the others I mentioned.

Then yeah, the juice is definitely my problem, because I am really enjoying my carto tank now. The Boge F16 seems great so far. I need something with airflow, and it has much better flow than the CE4s. Any other juices from Canvape that you guys would recommend? Not looking to break the bank. I'f im going to be spending over $30 for a few 30ml bottles, then I'm just going to order from jugheads instead (their minimum is $30).

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
After our first experience with Canvape and mostly Canada Post, we went back and made an order for some starter kits for some friends.

I hope this time goes much smoother. Will update during the course of the order. Wish I could have got more than 2 Vivi 2.0's on the order, we wanted 7. 2 for everyone except 1 that only wanted 1, but hey stock is low on them with no ETA for more, so I can see the reasoning behind this.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Another weekend and another trip to canvape to pick up an order. Vanilla custard flavor must have been out of stock wasnt charged for it and wasnt in my order, will try again for next weekend. Love the pina colada and mt dew flavors I just got and mixed, Mt dew at 10% is good but pina colada was too much at 10% but still tastes great. Time to start putting another order together for more diy flavors

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I was supposed to take a week off ordering so just did a small order to pickup this weekend lol. I'm sure it will turn into a bigger purchase when I start looking at what they have at the market XD

Saw some cool looking tips last weekend so may grab a couple and some tanks I haven't tried out yet.

And please get some more vivi nova minis in along with the red and silver metal tubes I need to collect them all ;-)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Never a doubt, superb vendor. It's been a ritual for me to pick up my order every Saturday morning at the flea market. I wish that they can open a permanent store somewhere in GTA.

While there is a big part of me that wishes the same, I am perfectly happy with their prices as they are now and the weekend trips to the flea market are fun. Don't fix it if it isn't broke ... :2cool:

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
After our first experience with Canvape and mostly Canada Post, we went back and made an order for some starter kits for some friends.

I hope this time goes much smoother. Will update during the course of the order. Wish I could have got more than 2 Vivi 2.0's on the order, we wanted 7. 2 for everyone except 1 that only wanted 1, but hey stock is low on them with no ETA for more, so I can see the reasoning behind this.

Ugh I'm having a strange feeling of Deja Vu. Our tracking hasn't updated since April 26, saying Mississauga in transit, yet it is supposed to be here tomorrow. I hope it shows up. Last time took almost a month and Canada Post was about to issue a refund and it magically appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread