• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Unofficial canvape Fanboy/Fangirl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
I just use a little round file, much easier than drilling :)

I know but I didn't have one and didn't feel like leaving my house lol. I have a AGA-T on route that's all modded up already with 1/16 air hole and ground down so it lines up with the wick. So ill try my luck at that till you sell me your ihybrid haha

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
anyone have the DID clone from canvape? thinking of trying my hand at one of these genesis attys..

Just arrived yesterday, but I didn't open it yet.

(I won one from DSV on CVCN, and he's already custom wicked for me and sent it! So I'm leaving this one packaged in case in becomes a gift/PIF)

Now, I'm not complaining, it's a DiD and the price was right.... but here's what I ordered:
https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Genesis

And here's what I got:

DiD.jpg

Differences? Site shows shiny steel, mine is stainless (which I actually prefer). Site shows spiffy steel drip tip, mine is black delrin..... ok, that was a bummer, but I can always get a steel one later. Just make sure you ask before ordering if any of those things are important to you.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
hmm good to know..they should change the picture if you get a different product..

I think that's the rationale behind this last statement in the description:
"Specs may be a little off to be updated and confirmed when shipment arrives."

However, I'm of the mind that a new digi-pic should be snapped and uploaded. I'm very "visual".... won't shop without good pictures, and I do expect to get what I see.

This is nothing compared to the "great deal" I thought I'd found on the firebird there though. That annoyed me but I had to suck it up and realize I got an average deal instead. The firebirds are touted as "4 pcs" for $8.95, and the photo shows 4 units lined up in a pretty little row! I was cheering as I ordered! When I opened the package.... I found ONE, 4pc unit..... ahhhhh..... the 4 pcs that make up a single unit..... nooooowwww I get it. Darn.

I really really really hate misleading ads, whether or not it's accidental or on purpose.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I think that's the rationale behind this last statement in the description:
"Specs may be a little off to be updated and confirmed when shipment arrives."

However, I'm of the mind that a new digi-pic should be snapped and uploaded. I'm very "visual".... won't shop without good pictures, and I do expect to get what I see.

This is nothing compared to the "great deal" I thought I'd found on the firebird there though. That annoyed me but I had to suck it up and realize I got an average deal instead. The firebirds are touted as "4 pcs" for $8.95, and the photo shows 4 units lined up in a pretty little row! I was cheering as I ordered! When I opened the package.... I found ONE, 4pc unit..... ahhhhh..... the 4 pcs that make up a single unit..... nooooowwww I get it. Darn.

I really really really hate misleading ads, whether or not it's accidental or on purpose.

yeah that sucks..nothing like expecting one thing and getting another..lol

have you tried a DID at all? i'm pretty happy with my vivi's and the kanger t3 is a nice unit but leaks a tad..wondering if it's worth going to a DID at all..

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
yeah that sucks..nothing like expecting one thing and getting another..lol

have you tried a DID at all? i'm pretty happy with my vivi's and the kanger t3 is a nice unit but leaks a tad..wondering if it's worth going to a DID at all..

Let me get back to you in a few days. DSV is sending me one that he's already set up for me.... I decided to leave the canvape one in pkg and wait for his. That way if I decide to gift or PIF, it's still nicely sealed up.

You're not the first one to mention Kangers leaking to me, though many seem very happy with them. Never tried a Kanger personally (Just the eGo Clearo/Stardust thingies.... my beef is that at best they really mute flavor, and at worst some of them even lend a plastic-y flavor.... because they are so similar, I suspect the Kangers would be the same. Perhaps not. Love my Nova Mini so far, but I've never used it with the plastic tank.... only metal, 'cos I like putting cinnamon in it.

----edit----
just trying out the new eV4s (like a CE4) specially made and sold by electrovapors. I like 'em.... Still a bit of flavor muting as all these tend to do, but wicks well, no plasticy taste, no leaking, and seems well-made.

Last edited:

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Let me get back to you in a few days. DSV is sending me one that he's already set up for me.... I decided to leave the canvape one in pkg and wait for his. That way if I decide to gift or PIF, it's still nicely sealed up.

You're not the first one to mention Kangers leaking to me, though many seem very happy with them. Never tried a Kanger personally (Just the eGo Clearo/Stardust thingies.... my beef is that at best they really mute flavor, and at worst some of them even lend a plastic-y flavor.... because they are so similar, I suspect the Kangers would be the same. Perhaps not. Love my Nova Mini so far, but I've never used it with the plastic tank.... only metal, 'cos I like putting cinnamon in it.

cool let me know how the DID is whenever you get around to it lol..

I like the kanger T3's..I find the flavour better than the vivi's..the leaking is not a big deal really it's real slow at the battery end I just whipe it when I see it..I think I have the leaking problem fixed though..I had turned the silicone wick cover upside down to avoid dry hits as was mentioned on the forum..that left the gap a little too large where the wicks were and was allowing too much fluid in..I cut another piece of wick and laid it across the atty and so far so good..haven't put it through it's paces yet but had a couple puffs and no leaking..i'm hoping it solves the issue completely..

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Fantastic vendor. Have purchased anything & everything on my vape journey from CanVape. The pricing is right, the CS is right and the guys r so helpful. I've, till date, interacted with three of them (Tom, Patrick and Adam) AND I vouch for these three's zeal, knowledge, mentoring and vape-enthu... these guys just rock!

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Love this vendor, this was the 5th weekend in a row picking up some stuff from their market shop. Last 2 times I placed an order for pickup at the market for specific items and worked out great. One bottle of liquid was missing today but the people at the booth had a bottle of it to give me which was awesome since it wasn't there fault they just get the order sent to them.

On a side note the Dr pepper liquid is something aweful not even mixing can save it. Its like an odd black licorice pepper or something taste. Glad I only got a 10ml to try, the cherry coke on the otherhand is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread