Urgent HELP needed! Nicotine/cotinine test

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wonder how many doctors associated with the hospital prescribe Nicorette for their patients who desire to quit smoking. With the 7% quit rate for Nicorette, why aren't ecigs with their 80% +/- quit rate much more desirable?

Many of our institutions haven't researched the options based on efficacy. My experience around hospitals is that employees have at least the smoking participation rate of the general public. I've seen more than one patient outside the hospital rolling their IV stand to the smoking area. I was shocked to see that without a nurse accompanying the patient.

ossojones

Jan 15, 2013
Maryland
I used to work for a company that had a 0 tolerance for new hires. It was to lower insurance cost and also because an executive died from a smoking related disease. They couldn't allow any failure of the tests (just like yours) because people will pretend to quit to get the job and go right back to using tobacco. I know I cheated the test to keep my insurance and went back to smoking a few weeks later. Using lozenges, gum, vaping, none of them are quitting, they are switching. No matter what most people say once you are a smoker you will always be a smoker. You just haven't smoked for a while.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
You can bet on it. This will end in genetic testing to see if one has a proclivity for hating the boss or if one may have the 'gun gene'. Little by little.

My descendants are doomed, I tell ya; they'll have all of that and more.

On the other hand, it's truly ironic to me to see a hospital taking this stance. In this part of Texas, if you want to find a place with a huge amount of people in the "smoking areas" outside of it ... go to the nearest hospital. Out of smokes? Bum one off the nearest nurse out there. :p

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Started 0 nic this afternoon, feeling it for sure & craving the real thing. The good news is if I stick it out my Dr who I saw today said that by Monday I will pass no problem.

Trying to be strong, i feel so uncoordinated without my nic. I have been dropping EVERYTHING & have to concentrate to type this!

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I wonder if those clean pee pee kits they sell at head shops would work.
Most of the juice bottle ones are a gimmick and there's a reason it instructs you to drink a gallon of water.

You'd be surprised at the contaminants that can be washed away and masked from a test with plain old water. The secret is to chain-drink it until you're ...... every 30 minutes for a couple days. Eating red meat with a bottle of Gatorade helps fill the gaps in the test that flushing your system leaves behind.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
OK - I looked it up for you on how stuff works
science.howstuffworks.
com/nicotine2.htm
Nicotine doesn't stick around your body for too long. It has a half-life of about 60 minutes, meaning that six hours after a cigarette, only about 0.031 mg of the 1 mg of nicotine you inhaled remains in your body.

How does your body get rid of nicotine? Here's the process:

About 80 percent of nicotine is broken down to cotinine by enzymes in your liver.

Cotinine and other metabolites are excreted in your urine. Cotinine has a 24-hour half-life, so you can test whether or not someone has been smoking in the past day or two by screening his or her urine for cotinine.

so I would reduce the nic to 0 in stages and do 0 for 3 days before the test.

You have some 0 nic, so if you go half and half with 18 mg, that is 9
1/4 18mg and 3/4 0mg cuts it in half again
then do the 0 starting 3 days before the test.

EDIT:
the following also contain nicotine -
EGGPLANT
GREEN TOMATOES
CAULIFLOWER
POTATOES

www.
livestrong.
com/article/293186-list-of-foods-that-contain-nicotine/

Last edited:

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
Other Nightshades

Leaves, flowers and stalks of the pituri bush (Duboisia hopwoodii) were used by Australian Aborigines as chewing tobacco; it's very high in nicotine content. Datura, also known as jimson weed, is high in nicotine as well as other toxic alkaloids.

Other Plants Containing Nicotine

Milkweed, papayas, zinnias, coca, club moss, horsetails and ......... are among the plants that produce nicotine in small quantities.

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
Flushing with water or kits can work, however most urine tests also look for creatinine levels. Using these methods drives down your creatinine levels and most interpret that as intentional flushing. It's better to just let it flush from your system naturally with time and your normal amount of water.

Last edited:

BlueRock

May 22, 2012
Wilmington
Freeze dried urine that you reconstitute is readily available:) The trick is getting it into the bathroom where you pee. A jock with a holder for a cup is good for this and warms it up as the cup you pee in has a thermometer on the side to make sure it's body temp. Most civilian drug screens don't meat gaze so your alone in the bathroom, but they do weird things like put blue in the toilet and turn the water off while you're in there so you can't dilute it. Yeah, just quit the nic for a week, drink plenty of water the day before and of the test and make sure that the pee you give them isn't the first of the morning as this is usually has the highest concentrations of the stuff they're looking for. Good luck and congrats.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Drink a lot of cranberry juice, and there are also cranberry tablets. Id start drowning myself in both. ALso drink green tea (yuck) but it also is an antioxidant and makes you pee like crazy. Keep hydrated and flush yourself of those Cotinines. GOOD luck.

Keep things that will help you calm your nerves around. Puff on that 0 nic and keep plenty of it on hand. Get things to crunch on, carrots and chips, etc. Get some of fhose herbal teas ( yuck) like chamomile that calms naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread