Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

@Opinionated

I just got done checking offerings and prices. Everything seems to be current. All sources at the top of the list, except heartland, appear to be shipping.

I don't check shipping costs or restrictions so I have no idea what to expect or if they will even ship after tomorrow for that matter. But it would be silly for them to be taking orders knowing full well they would never be able to ship before tomorrow :confused:. They are all most likely backlogged with order, with the possible exception of some of the more expensive sources I just added a few days ago.

And besides, I don't know where some retailers are getting this April 5 date. CAASA still doesn't show as final rule being release.

joshiesmommy

Aug 12, 2012
    Hampton, Va
    @Opinionated

I just got done checking offerings and prices. Everything seems to be current. All sources at the top of the list, except heartland, appear to be shipping.

I don't check shipping costs or restrictions so I have no idea what to expect or if they will even ship after tomorrow for that matter. But it would be silly for them to be taking orders knowing full well they would never be able to ship before tomorrow :confused:. They are all most likely backlogged with order, with the possible exception of some of the more expensive sources I just added a few days ago.

And besides, I don't know where some retailers are getting this April 5 date. CAASA still doesn't show as final rule being release.

nicotine giant got my order at 230 on Friday and I got shipping notification by 430.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    @Opinionated

Okay.. I'll just order some and see how it goes..

Thanks for checking in on all that for me...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    nicotine giant got my order at 230 on Friday and I got shipping notification by 430.

Did tracking actually show movement? Getting a tracking # doesn't mean it actually shipped, just means a label was created. Could be they are printing labels so they can have a "shipped" date before April 5. Not saying this is the case, but it's very likely.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    @Opinionated

JMO...

I believe that Many Retailers are using April 5th because of this...

UPS: Shipping Tobacco - United States

Even though USPS has Not Publish a Final Rule on "Vape" Products, most feel it will come before the End of April. And there might Not be any Grace Period for orders that are being Processed.

So Retailers are Back-Dating their Cutoff Dates to account for Processing Time of In-Process Paid Orders.

Not a Good Business Practice to take Order all the Way up to a Drop Dead Date. Then have to turn around and have to do a Massive Wave of Refunds to customer left Holding the Bag.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    JMO...

I believe that Many Retailers are using April 5th because of this...

UPS: Shipping Tobacco - United States

Even though USPS has Not Publish a Final Rule on "Vape" Products, most feel it will come before the End of April. And there might Not be any Grace Period for orders that are being Processed.

So if a Retailers are Back-Dating their Cutoff Dates to account for Processing Time of In-Process Paid Orders.

Not a Good Business Practice to take Order all the Way up to a Drop Dead Date. Then have to turn around and have to do a Massive Wave of Refunds to customer left Holding the Bag.

I understand, but I wonder if some of them actually care that much. I won't mention who, but there is a vendor who stopped taking orders and stated that they will not ship any orders past X date, but was told by 2 people that if you call them they will take your order and they have every intention to ship every order they get, even after X date. How many others are doing this?

Then there's that other vendor that has stated that they will be selling under the intention that end users are buying their products for use in non-vaping applications, and if you contact them with with questions/comments mentioning ejuice, vaping, etc, your account will be terminated. I personally don't see this working out for long, but they do claim to awaiting court decisions regarding this...or something like that.

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    The USPS cut off date is still all over the place, some shops are still insisting April 26th. I kinda think there isn't going to be any real warning just an announcement by USPS, then poof. At least UPS and Fedx were upfront about it. Same thing with PACT rumors, are retailers reporting all customer purchases back as far as 5 years when registering with states? Or just going forward from the 27th? Who knows for sure. I feel like both the government AND the retailers are trying to make this as ugly as possible for buyers.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I understand, but I wonder if some of them actually care that much. I won't mention who, but there is a vendor who stopped taking orders and stated that they will not ship any orders past X fate, but was told by 2 people that if you call them they will take your order and they have every intention to ship every order they get, even after April 5. How many others are doing this?

Hard to Say who Cares and who Doesn't.

There are Many Retailers who's Only concern is Making as Much Money as possible, as Quickly as Possible. And there are those who would do Nothing if they felt it might turn out Bad for their Customers. And every shade In Between.

Some of these Companies are already shifting to Markets such as THC and CBD. Where doing business is (I Never thought I would be Say'n this) is Easier than the e-Cigarette market. So I'm sure they Don't want to Tick Off a bunch of people by taking Orders that they might Not be able to make money off of.

There is Also many times a Huge Disconnect between what a Companies Leadership/Ownership is going to do and what Rank and File employees are told. And once the Telephone Game starts be people say'n what someone else said, misinterpretations seem to abound.

Couple that with all the Uncertainty of the USPS and when the Sword of Damocles is going to fall (and on Who's Necks?) and it's a Great Googa Mooga, can't you hear me talking to you, Ball of Confusion.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Question: Does PACT actually demand a 5-year "lookback" period?

Is this what you are Asking?

Recordkeeping The PACT Act requires that a common carrier or other delivery service:

1. Maintain for 5 years any records kept in the ordinary course of business relating to any delivery interrupted because the carrier or service determines or has reason to believe that the person ordering the delivery is in violation of the Jenkins Act; and

2. Provide that information, upon request, to ATF or to the attorney general or chief law enforcement official or tax administrator of any State, local, or tribal government.

https://www.atf.gov/alcohol-tobacco...afficking-pact-act-information-guide/download

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm trying to find this 5-year "lookback" ENDS sales reporting requirement and no luck so far. However, I'm wondering if this "5 year lookback/sales reporting" rumor is actually mistakenly taken from the requirement for a shipper to keep (for 5 years) all record of any shipments they fail to deliver becuase they have "reason to believe that the person ordering the delivery is in violation of the Jenkins Act".?

https://www.atf.gov/alcohol-tobacco...afficking-pact-act-information-guide/download

Recordkeeping

The PACT Act requires that a common carrier or other delivery service:

1.Maintain for 5 years any records kept in the ordinary course of business relating to any delivery interrupted because the carrier or service determines or has reason to believe that the person ordering the delivery is in violation of the Jenkins Act; and

2.Provide that information, upon request, to ATF or to the attorneygeneral or chief law enforcement official or tax administrator of any State, local, or tribal government.​

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is this what you are Asking?

Recordkeeping The PACT Act requires that a common carrier or other delivery service:

1. Maintain for 5 years any records kept in the ordinary course of business relating to any delivery interrupted because the carrier or service determines or has reason to believe that the person ordering the delivery is in violation of the Jenkins Act; and

2. Provide that information, upon request, to ATF or to the attorney general or chief law enforcement official or tax administrator of any State, local, or tribal government.

Hhahaha. No, that's not what I'm asking and I should checked for new posts before my last post.

What I am asking is where is proof of the rumor that suppliers have to report the last 5 years of ENDS sales, not just new sales starting from March 27 2021

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

What I am asking is where is proof of the rumor that suppliers have to report the last 5 years of ENDS sales, not just new sales starting from March 27 2021

I Refuse to put on a Tinfoil Hat until I have had 3 Cups of Coffee or it is at Least 11:00 AM. Whichever comes 1st.

So I'll say... No. That Sounds like "Reddit Information".

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    Hhahaha. No, that's not what I'm asking and I should checked for new posts before my last post.

This is what got me. I looked at that post in HHV and I was livid. No where in the PACT act does it state going back 5 years. The information does not have a source. It's
    3144237_0.jpg

joshiesmommy

Aug 12, 2012
    Hampton, Va
    Did tracking actually show movement? Getting a tracking # doesn't mean it actually shipped, just means a label was created. Could be they are printing labels so they can have a "shipped" date before April 5. Not saying this is the case, but it's very likely.
    Yes it was moving that evening.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Same thing with PACT rumors, are retailers reporting all customer purchases back as far as 5 years when registering with states? Or just going forward from the 27th? Who knows for sure. I feel like both the government AND the retailers are trying to make this as ugly as possible for buyers.

I have no idea where these rumors come from, but I don't see how a lookback would even be legal in this country. Ex post facto laws are strictly forbidden by the U.S. Constitution, with the possible exception of lessening punishment or decriminalizing certain offenses should the laws change, like past marijuana use, for example. Even in ancient Rome the laws were not allowed to be applied retroactively--Lex retro non agit.

What vape sellers need to know now about PACT Act compliance | JD Supra

"In late-March 2021, sellers of vapor products, including devices that, through an aerosolized solution, deliver nicotine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device, components, liquids, parts, and device accessories, will be subject to the requirements of the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act, also known as the Jenkins Act. This includes traditional vapor products delivering nicotine as well as non-nicotine vapor products, which could be construed by the government to include hemp oil vapor products. Noncompliance with the Jenkins/PACT Act risks the prospect of hefty civil fines ($5,000 to $10,000 per violation) and severe criminal penalties.

The Jenkins/PACT Act has two primary requirements: [1] registration and reporting; and, [2] compliance with delivery sales requirements for consumer sales. There is also a prohibition on mailing vapor products that takes effect when the United States Postal Service promulgate regulations regarding the prohibition on mailing."

Future tense.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    In other news:

"Good News - We're Now Open To Your State!
    Dear Katherine,

We have some VERY exciting news for you. We're now open to your state, so you can again purchase from your favorite online vape shop--Vapor Authority!

Please remember that although we can now sell again into your state, there are some changes that were forced upon the industry since our inclusion into the PACT Act. One important change is that we must now ship all packages with adult signature, which is an unavoidable cost.

Also, please note that although we are open to your state, once USPS stops shipping and we are forced to exclusively use regional carriers, there may potentially be zip codes within your state that the carriers do not offer service to--at least temporarily.

We recommend stocking up while you can.

To help celebrate, we would like to offer you 10% off your entire order!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread