Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
That's in negotiated modes (5 units).

These are classed as "battery chargers" and the port should either provide 1A or 1.5A to the device. There's a bit of a concern since the connector itself is not safely rated over 1.5A.

[Sorry - I didn't see the second part of your post "no BCS"] These devices don't have negotiation, so can't negotiate units. Under the latest spec I've seen, they fall into the BCS.

It's a total CF of a "standard". I think the Battery Charging portion of the spec in its latest "glory" is publicly available. I'm still logged in but try: http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/batt_charging_1_1.zip

"Powered USB" is up to 6A, but uses a different connector and is more rare.

To the best of my knowledge, the genuine USB 2.0 specification will only "guarantee" you 500mA per port (it doesn't have to support BCS) and USB 3.0 will give you 900mA. Not really enough for any of the cartomizers or atomizers that we deal with.

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
What I linked to (USB.org) is relatively "genuine". It's what we're held to in my company to put the USB logo on a product or get sued out of existence.

I agree though that USB is a mess, in that 2.0 != 2.0.

It's entirely possible that I'm misinterpreting it though. I don't think the guys I have lunch with now and again down the street here at Intel have any better luck with it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread