Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Unfortunately, lately when I’m outside and smell my husband or neighbors smoking, I’m really liking the smell. ...

Trust me.

That's just a Pretty Coloured String attached to the End of a Hook.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Unfortunately, lately when I’m outside and smell my husband or neighbors smoking, I’m really liking the smell. That’s kind of why I want to try something different. So I go back to zero cravings when I smell it
I do too, and not "just lately". It doesn't exactly produce a craving for me anymore, it's more like a temptation.

Then I remind myself about that time I smoked one cig about 3 months after switching, which I didn't even finish after it started started bringing back that irritated feeling in my windpipe that, that I'd lived with for decades, that I was so glad to be rid of.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am uncertain whether cig cravings will ever go away for me completely, but I've learned to vape my way through them. I do keep a tank with WTA around in case I run into the dreaded STRESS SMOKING situation, which is probably my worst trigger, honestly. Maybe they will fade away over time but I don't imagine that I will never feel the desire for a cigarette again in my life. It is what it is. vaping is the only thing that's worked to help me get through those cravings, so I'm not complaining.

Anna

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I'm kind of intrigued by the ph info, so might have to pick up a cheap meter.
On the avoidance of analogs, I had my closest sister pass away 6 months after I started vaping. Went home for the services and everyone smoking and drinking, accidentally picked up a .... from decades long habit. One drag brought me back to reality, vaped happily the rest the time in town.
Then 6 months later, my closest brother died. This time, didn't even think about smoking though I was surrounded by everyone doing the things I always smoked while doing.
I did have a very short 'Oooh, tobacco!' moment the other day. Then I laughed, and chalked it up to old times.
After 40+ years of Cowboy Killers 2 packs a day, I'm done smoking and don't really ever get the urge.
Now, don't even THINK about taking my vaporizer, I liked to smoke, the actions, the nic hit, the 'feeling'
Luckily, for me, vaping recreates it.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I thought a little about this thread today...IIRC, a few years ago several DIYers suggested adding lemon juice (not from the plastic lemon or green bottle) to recipes...just a few drops in say, a 15ml test batch. I tried it, but it didn't seem to make a difference so I stopped doing it. Has anyone else tried this? Results?

I pretty much hated cigarette smoke, even when I was smoking, so luckily I'm never tempted. I really really don't like being around it now...:lol:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I do too, and not "just lately". It doesn't exactly produce a craving for me anymore, it's more like a temptation.

Then I remind myself about that time I smoked one cig about 3 months after switching, which I didn't even finish after it started started bringing back that irritated feeling in my windpipe that, that I'd lived with for decades, that I was so glad to be rid of.

It’s funny. I hate the smell of someone after they’ve smoked, but a fresh, burning cig smells good to me

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Last month I had a situation where I so badly wanted a cig for a few days. Didn't smoke, but did feel the need to avoid being around cigs. Was so relieved to discover as long as I had my vape I could abstain.

I bet you never thought that possible (that is if you ever tried quitting before vaping. I tried numerous times to quit before trying vaping)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I thought a little about this thread today...IIRC, a few years ago several DIYers suggested adding lemon juice (not from the plastic lemon or green bottle) to recipes...just a few drops in say, a 15ml test batch. I tried it, but it didn't seem to make a difference so I stopped doing it. Has anyone else tried this? Results?

I pretty much hated cigarette smoke, even when I was smoking, so luckily I'm never tempted. I really really don't like being around it now...:lol:

Huh??? Lemon juice??? Now that is definitely a new one for me!

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

There are a few old-times who do use the lemon from the plastic shaped lemon in the grocery store. Its to give a more sour note to their ejuice by altering the nic ph.

:)

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
There are a few old-times who do use the lemon from the plastic shaped lemon in the grocery store. Its to give a more sour note to their ejuice by altering the nic ph.

After searching "lemon juice" at the DIY Forum level, I've found some old threads indicating the use of lemon juice to add throat hit, to mellow throat hit, and to shift the pH of the recipe...so multiple reasons were given for using lemon juice (no wonder I was confused by it, LOL). I only peeked at a few threads from 2013, 2014, and 2015...but I also noticed that some threads have been erased as well. Maybe some of that experimentation has been lost.

I did also see, however, references to adding different vinegars as well...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Speaking of nic salts, I am currently using a batch from Nic River. I bought the 6mg, so mine is perfectly clear, as expected.
My first attempt was using OSDIY Succulent Strawberry(which is divine btw) and vaped on it for 2 days. But as @Letitia pointed out, I was having small head rushes with it. Didn't feel nic sick but did feel 'different' and since I am used to 3mg, I could put this vape down. (I usually chain vape).

I decided I wasn't liking the feeling to much, so on the 3rd day, I cut the recipe in half. Much better. I am still not chain vaping the ss, but I am definitely liking the salts.

Also just mixed up some hangsen vanilla @5%, Purilum vanilla bourbon @5% , and Purilum butter mint also at 5%. The Butter Mint is really strong.

So that's my evening.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
After searching "lemon juice" at the DIY Forum level, I've found some old threads indicating the use of lemon juice to add throat hit, to mellow throat hit, and to shift the pH of the recipe...so multiple reasons were given for using lemon juice (no wonder I was confused by it, LOL). I only peeked at a few threads from 2013, 2014, and 2015...but I also noticed that some threads have been erased as well. Maybe some of that experimentation has been lost.

I did also see, however, references to adding different vinegars as well...
I have heard that adding Mothers' apple cider vinegar is the one to use....same purpose....to alter the ph.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Speaking of nic salts, I am currently using a batch from Nic River. I bought the 6mg, so mine is perfectly clear, as expected.
My first attempt was using OSDIY Succulent Strawberry(which is divine btw) and vaped on it for 2 days. But as @Letitia pointed out, I was having small head rushes with it. Didn't feel nic sick but did feel 'different' and since I am used to 3mg, I could put this vape down. (I usually chain vape).

I decided I wasn't liking the feeling to much, so on the 3rd day, I cut the recipe in half. Much better. I am still not chain vaping the ss, but I am definitely liking the salts.

Also just mixed up some hangsen vanilla @5%, Purilum vanilla bourbon @5% , and Purilum butter mint also at 5%. The Butter Mint is really strong.

So that's my evening.

What a coincidence! I mixed up some Purilum butter mint for the first time the other day!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Didn’t seem like it had steeped enough. I liked it, although it was way too weak for me. I’m hoping it improves with time.
After I mixed mine, I did a small drop on the finger to taste. That's how I knew it was really strong since I only used 5%. What pct did you mix at?

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
@ChelsB and @Sugar_and_Spice...are either of you planning on trying adding citric acid to a recipe? It would be interesting to hear a comparison with nic salts. I haven't tried them yet, but am considering buying some from Nic River or the Nude Nicotine Smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread