Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
How do you recover successfully from 'flooding'? From my experience I will set it down to let it dry out a bit, coming back and it's fine - for a while. Then they flood again, spraying juice in my mouth and no vape. It's like there's pressure buildup, but I can unscrew the side-fill and it still happens. Then I just toss the carto and start over.
I blow out a bunch till I can almost see straight thru.. Then HIt it real hard.. HAHA Saying all that seems weird but it's true.. Once it's hit hard if it's a clear light then it's good for me.. Always works..
Oh ok! It looks like one of the VV PTs with the little up and down buttons. At least the one I'm thinking about had the two buttons and the LCD screen. Nice looking unit you have there.

I have a growing drip tip obsession, and want to find me a nice clear one sometime soon. I think it would look nice one of the Pyrex sidewinder tanks.
Thanks! I'm liking it so far! It has a tiny little 14500 battery but it's lasting a few hours which is impressive for it's little cuteness..
I usually keep this clear on a certain sidewinder so I remember what flavor is being used..
Thats how I remember whats in every single vvv or nova tank I have actually is the different tips.. I LOVE TIPS!! Just ordered 4 more yesterday all different.. Next up I thnk I'm gonna start looking for glass tips.. so I can break them all :p

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
If it's a serious flood, blow through the drip tip, using a paper towel over the threads. You'll clear the juice out of the center tube. Also, generally what comes out is usually very dark. IMO it seems to clean it up a bit and extend it a little.
Usually tho, at that point it's pretty much near the end of it's useful lifespan, in my experience at least.

When I do it intentionally, I just let it get a little "gurgly" and then use gently draws to vape it till it clears on it's own

How do you recover successfully from 'flooding'? From my experience I will set it down to let it dry out a bit, coming back and it's fine - for a while. Then they flood again, spraying juice in my mouth and no vape. It's like there's pressure buildup, but I can unscrew the side-fill and it still happens. Then I just toss the carto and start over.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State

Winning post right here.

-Flooded carto, vape slow at higher volts.

-LH...less sexy avatar, still my crush. Don't tell my GF or your hubby.

-xxpicxx, is that the 14500 one? I want to know more. Compare the quality feel to a lavatube or something. Battery life?

Don't have a lavatube. Vmax felt sturdy broke two of em so i threw simple feel out the window.
Segelei tube feels like a .... tank and works like a champ.
RR the red one anyway at first felt(yesterday) like a cheap pos but its been pushing out the vape like my segelei tube does. Today I realize it feels so damn light because of the little battery.
Whatever voltage I'm throwing at it (3.7-5.0) I feel like its working well.
The black ones I have, have a ego like soft felt on them and in the hand feel much better.
I'm gonna just say these feel like egos but with full controls and lcd vs. The twists just having a little knob.

foxxof

Oct 6, 2012
Colorado
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here...

I emptied my tank. Using low voltage I pulled on the carto for a bit to dry it out some. Then I blew through it to make sure there was nothing in the middle. Then I refilled my tank and for about a few minutes it was working well. Now all of a sudden it is flooded again. I kept it sitting vertical the whole time and never pulled super hard on the carto. Any suggestions?

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
foxxof:7724771 said:
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here...

I emptied my tank. Using low voltage I pulled on the carto for a bit to dry it out some. Then I blew through it to make sure there was nothing in the middle. Then I refilled my tank and for about a few minutes it was working well. Now all of a sudden it is flooded again. I kept it sitting vertical the whole time and never pulled super hard on the carto. Any suggestions?

Are you using higher PG juice? I just went thru a slew of flooding issues this week lolol. Too thin juice caused it once. Then there was just a tempermental carto. If its continuing to flood after you've fixed it I would say try changing the carto. If you use higher PG juice you may need smaller holes.
Correct me if I'm wrong? Everything I know about tanks I learned this week LOL

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
4. More VVv/SB love

8eqasy9u.jpg

tapped on my gNex

#1 Ya gotta love it! I'm trying to get ready for a trip out of town..... will be leaving early Monday, gotta figure out how to pack up all my vape stuff! Was a lot easier last time as I only had cartos...

paulbald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
La Salle,Illinois
Chit Chat . . .

So come on - WHAT HAPPENED ? ? ? I really hope there was at least some GOOD NEWS . . .:D

(And, Hey - If you don't want to talk about it - I understand and will leave it alone . . .)

3)They didn't want to hear what I wanted to tell them,told me to come back next month.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Chit Chat . . .

3)They didn't want to hear what I wanted to tell them,told me to come back next month.

Well, although I am sure "You" want to get this over with, that actaully is not too bad . . . Gives You more time to get what they want done - done - or at least get/finalize that loan . . . BTW: I am sure you have checked with a number of places already, however have you checked with any of the groups like Habitate for Humanity or even (if I remember corectly you live in Louisiana - YES?) HUD - they actually have a list of places where you can get some assistance (here is the link: Home Repairs: Louisiana)

OH and What did Your Doctor tell You ? ? ?

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts

Whenever I flood or get gurgling, I will take a paper towel and cover the bottom and tiny little side holes. I blow the extra through first, and then suck up and blow, quickly back and forth and it will usually go away! I have been SO lucky with the carto that came with my tank! It is still going strong after MANY refills! May have something to do with the juice, I don't know. This is actually the first time I have ever used a carto with big punched holes, the others had those tiny holes they come with.... I've had problems with those and am currently trying to vape it dry with the tank off.... d'oh! I just have to be careful not to burn it.... After that, I am going to see if I can save it, but rinsing and flushing with some vodka!

The other thing I always do, even with tank cartos, is to fill them before I fill the tank! I will either drip or use the condom method, depending on if there is a flange or not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread