Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
So there seems to be 4-5 factories producing Vamos now and not all of them have the same feature set.

The goal of this thread is to distinguish which sellers are providing the different types of Vamos. All you have to do is state where you got your Vamo and what feature it may or may not have.

My v2 chrome came from Zainy.net.
Upgraded spring, positive post gasket, and it DOES remember wattage setting after switching batteries.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I got mine from the Jeepbear Coop V2 It remembers Watt setting when changing batteries or turning off. Positive post Gasket came with and I don't know about upgraded spring. It's fine with 18350, and I bought a $2.95 Helix battery spring to use with the 18650 battery because it was loose enuff to rattle a little. They are AW IMR. On a side note when I use two 18350 it will not screw all the way and when I pushed the limits a little the fire button got jammed to the point of not working. I backed of the tightening and button fires as normal.

Last edited:

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
VAMO V2, from Zainy (ordered Nov 24) chrome metal buttons, remembers power setting when changing battery, positive post gasket (within the body), not sure about spring (it rattles the AW 18650 2000mah battery when shaken hard up and down). I use a vapesafe fuse placed on the bottom of the battery (no more rattling).

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
My chrome Vamo came from Vapor Beast. It has the positive post gasket, remembers wattage after battery changes and has silicone buttons. It came with a longish spring that prevented rattling but would make a thunk sound with vigorous shaking and an EFEST 18650 flat top would disconnect.

I added a Silver Bullet hot spring which prevents all noise even with vigorous shaking. Using the hot spring two EFEST 18350 flat tops fit with the cap fully screwed on but it is a fairly tight fit.

Tim Campbell, Vapor Beast's owner, told me that the manufacturer is offering either metal or silicone buttons as a retailer option so I don't think we can use that to differentiate revisions.

I'll check in with my SS version from Health Cabin when it arrives. DHL shows it as having left Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Chrome Vamo with metal buttons from Health Cabin purchased in co-op. It has the positive gasket, weakish spring and doesn't remember settings when you remove the battery.

I've got a replacement spring on order, but mine doesn't rattle with Panasonic 18650 batteries.

I also have a Stainless Steel Vamo coming from JeepBear's current co-op.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
My first was/is a V1 chrome Vamo from okcvapes bought early on before the buzz got huge. Short spring, no gasket (I made one from electrical tape), reverts to 3.0 watts after battery disconnect.

Second is a V2 chrome VAMO from Healthcabin (which calls it an eGo Variable Volt/Watt). Longer spring, with gasket, remembers wattage setting when changing batteries. Also snagged a second end cap with the longer spring for my V1. Only cost a buck or so.

I'm not a big fan of the chrome (or the black chrome, either). Too cold, too slippery, and a fingerprint magnet. So, I downloaded the skin template and ordered two sample 4 x 8" sheets of 3M adhesive vinyl with a nice nubby pattern that looks like black carbon fiber. Cheap from eBay. Only $2.50 shipped, and enough skin to do about six VAMOs. Or two with my learning curve and x-acto hole cutting skills. LOL.

I run both in single 18350 mode. The trade-off of shorter length (which I prefer), but reduced vape time between recharges is fine for me. What the heck, an 18350 high-drain lasts 4-5 hours in the VAMOs, which is an hour or so more than an 18350 in my Kicked Bolt and an hour or so less than the 18500 in my other Kicked Extended Bolt.

opsguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Florida Treasure Coast
Got my VAMO from SmokTek. It is Gun Metal V2. Using it for three days so far.

Upgraded spring
Positive post gasket
Remembers wattage setting after switching batteries.
Using one efest 18350 button top or one efest 18650 button top there is no rattling.

Already know the gun metal finish is not going to last, so I ordered a carbon fiber skin from Vapor Skinz.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
1. Chrome Vamo from Health Cabin, version 2.
Stays on watts but reverts to 3 watts after battery change.
Has longer spring.
6 watt setting works properly.
Has positive post gasket.

2. Black chrome Vamo from Health Cabin, version 2.
Stays on watts and remembers the watt setting after battery change.
Has longer spring and came with much rounder and stronger replacement spring.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
kiwivap:8104916 said:
1. Chrome Vamo from Health Cabin, version 2.
Stays on watts but reverts to 3 watts after battery change.
Has longer spring.

2. Black chrome Vamo from Health Cabin, version 2.

Now THAT is interesting. So we have a seller who seems to have BOTH wattage features. Very weird. Keep them coming vamo'ers ... this will help future consumers greatly.

Vamo on!

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
vn vaper:8105180 said:
all lucky people, ordered from zainy 11/28, still nothing, i emailed them and they said it shipped on 12/04, and i should wait for more days, seem so long, dont know what to do now, wait till after Christmas or cancel through paypal, any suggestions on what to do here? thx

It took 18 days to get to my door from Zainy BUT I ordered before the major holiday rush. Just wait it out honestly. It should arrive within 7 days I bet. And the Zainy vamo seems to be the one that remembers watts. Trust me ... I feel your pain but the wait is worth it.

Kinda the wrong thread though ;)

jazz27

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2012
church rock NM
So there seems to be 4-5 factories producing Vamos now and not all of them have the same feature set.

The goal of this thread is to distinguish which sellers are providing the different types of Vamos. All you have to do is state where you got your Vamo and what feature it may or may not have.

My v2 chrome came from Zainy.net.
Upgraded spring, positive post gasket, and it DOES remember wattage setting after switching batteries.

i got my vamo v2 black chrome from smoketek.com nobody is mentioning the V itched on the bottom of the pv.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Mine's same situation as Kiwivap, purchased on first day of Christmas sale, so I copied his info.

Black chrome Vamo from Health Cabin, version 2.

* No V on the bottom *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread