Vandy Vape BERSERKER (24mm) MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm personally sticking with my couple of lifetimes stash of the original 24mm. I love their unique shape & shorter size, their 2 drip tips, and their 2mL & 4.5mL capacity options. Since I also get extremely smooth and very flavorful vapor from them, with no leaking...I'm a totally happy camper already! :thumbs:

The new one's shape, the single capacity option, tank choices of only glass or metal, the fugly drip tips (IMO), etc. don't appeal to me at all. I bet men will like them though, because of the taller less curvy shape, the taller finned drip tips, and the gun metal and flat black color options. ;)

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I'm personally sticking with my couple of lifetimes stash of the original 24mm. I love their unique shape & shorter size, their 2 drip tips, and their 2mL & 4.5mL capacity options. Since I also get extremely smooth and very flavorful vapor from them, with no leaking...I'm a totally happy camper already! :thumbs:

The new one's shape, the single capacity option, tank choices of only glass or metal, the fugly drip tips (IMO), etc. don't appeal to me at all. I bet men will like them though, because of the taller less curvy shape, the taller finned drip tips, and the gun metal and flat black color options. ;)
The 4.5 glass tank and chimney of the original 24mm Berserker fits this deck.
Any drip tip fits it also.
I like the original 24mm berserker and have a few, it is my favourite MTL RTA, I only use them with the 2ml capacity option.
I will grab one of these 1.5versions, not because of any of the reasons you mention :D but because the new deck and airflow slot looks interesting.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Let us know what you think about it when it will be in your hands.
I do enjoy the V1 so much that I got four of them. [emoji16]

Inviato dal mio Redmi 5 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk
I live in Australia so will probably be one of the last ones to get one :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I will grab one of these 1.5versions, not because of any of the reasons you mention :D but because the new deck and airflow slot looks interesting.

I hope it works out very well for you. :thumbs:

The interchangeable parts info is a good thing about it. But, since I don't like the basic shape or looks of it at all...checking out the new airflow slot on the deck isn't in my future. :D

Reactions: Flowersoul

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Thanks to (JCinFla) for all the recommendation for the Beserker.........I had originally bought the original (not the clone) from Fasttech, and for me it was a learning curve. Had a lot of problems with the wicking, but then found out that there was a very tiny pinhole crack in the glass ( totally user error) and the base had been malformed due to my trying to twist it off and mistakingly using a tool rather than a rubber hand twister-thingy to dissamble..........lesson well learned, but am keeping it for parts.

I now have 6 working Beserkers 1 mini rainbow, and the rest 24 mm in stainless and 2 in gold!.........so dang smooth, so flavorful, and so easy to build after some horrid mistakes, like inserting the coil upside down..........now, who does that these day??? Moi! :lol:

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I do enjoy the V1 so much that I got four of them.
emoji16.png

Since getting my 1st one last January, they've become my all-time favorite RTA for the long haul. I absolutely never want to be without them. So I have 2 in working rotation and 15 in my Vapocolypse stash! Got most of them at great sale and/or clearance prices. I like the Minis, too, so I have 3 of each color. Another reason I have plenty is because when friends find out they like them, too...my stash slowly dwindles...until I get more. :D

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I loaded up on a bunch of the original berserkers and am a very loyal fan - the darn thing has turned my giant stack of egos and aerotanks into a trash heap.

the new design lacks what really needed to be redesigned (imho) which was the top refill.

I do use the 4ml config at home but I keep the rainbow in the 2ml beacause I like the way it looks with the ultem on the Pico 25; its more compact and durable for out and about.

The looks of the new one are ok by me. Just another cylinder really.

In a few months, if I see this for $15, I’ll probably throw it in my cart.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

LOL. Speaking as a man, I gravitate toward the more curvy shapes.
I only have the Berserker mini's, since the diameter works with my mods without overhang. Not sure if the vape quality is exactly the same between the two (and l'd like to hear about that from those who have both).
But, that said I'm really pleased with the mini's for the same reasons you mentioned.

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
I only have the Berserker mini's, since the diameter works with my mods without overhang. Not sure if the vape quality is exactly the same between the two (and l'd like to hear about that from those who have both).
But, that said I'm really pleased with the mini's for the same reasons you mentioned.
I have both and I use them in daily rotation.Bers Mini have better flavor and more restricted airflow compared to the 24mm version.But both are great if you ask me.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah, I figured there would be a few men who appreciate the more "curvy" shapes. The vaping guys I know locally though...like tanks made with as much steel as possible, the heavier-looking the better, not curvy at all, bigger rather than smaller, etc. ;)

I only have the Berserker mini's, since the diameter works with my mods without overhang.

I've found that my 24mm ones fit well on a surprising number of even my smaller mods I had already. I really like the 24mm Black ones on my little bitty CoV Mini Volt 40W mods and the Mega Volt 80W ones. It has no overhang and they're a great little stealth set-up! The SS 24mm fits well and looks great on my Yosta Livepor 60W mods that are pretty tiny, too. Others, like the Pico 25...there's even alittle room to spare.

Not sure if the vape quality is exactly the same between the two (and l'd like to hear about that from those who have both).

I definitely get better flavor on my 24mm than on the Minis, which is 1 reason I've bought more 24mm than Minis. The vapor itself is just as incredibly smooth on both, and the airflow is the same on both, but that difference is there, for me, as far as flavor. @Flowersoul has also noticed it, as have several others who've commented on it earlier on other pages in this thread.

They do still have some of the 24mm for $17.99 on VaporDNA the last I checked...in case you want to try one of them. The coupon code WELCOME10 may still get you 10% off, so it would be $16.19 + S/H. If that code doesn't work any more...just sign up for their newsletter, and they'll pop up a 10% off code for you to use right then.

Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA | MTL Tank

Or, if you want more of the Minis...the absolute best price I've ever seen for them is at Breazy.com right now. Gold or Rainbow are left for just $14.99 - 10% with code ALLVAPE = $13.49. S/H is a flat $4.99 for 1-3 of them. More than that qualifies for their Free S/H.

Berserker MTL Mini RTA - Vandy Vape | Vape Hardware | Breazy.com

Reactions: rosesense

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
you wont be disappointed, the only suggestion i have is not top fill it. Just bottom fill it and the one complaint about leakage won't be an issue. This is only tank that has been able to give me a better vape than the venerable kayfun lite. I have 8 of them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread