Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I thought I gave a pretty fair description and comparison. Commie also has had both and gave an honest opinion. Wabbit has both and described his/her(?) use for each. Doots has owned both and gave an honest opinion. WattWick might not have either, but rightly pointed out that the advertizing on the side is something a lot of folks don't appreciate on any device. _more_ has had both... etc etc.

As far as these threads go, I think this one has been more civil than the rest.

I have to say, I believe that this particular thread doesn't deserve such a harsh assessment. And, in fact, the majority of participants are generally helpful folks.

You are right 6. Many of the responses on this thread were not offensive nor rude and my comment was conceived as being too harsh. Apparently my use of the peace sign did not help convey my message in a more fun playful manner as I had hoped.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
(((hugs))) for everyone

5Tz5HcB.jpg

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Well, it kind of depends what you are looking for in terms of reliability, durability, support, community, style, etc. Everything plays a role, more than not it's not only the device itself what we look at. My view would be biased, as I do own a REO but regarding VMOD I've only read and seen pictures/videos.

To me, in my opinion, the REO is far superior. (Once again I cannot stress enough the "In my opinion" part) The community is a blast, the support you get directly from the maker of the mod is out of this world. It's a solid milled aluminum box that is basically unbreakable, unless you really want it to break you may try to leave it on an industrial road and have 10 trucks run over it :D. Squonking is awesome, and with the RM2 you get 0 leaks as well as the ability to completely FLOOD it to get that coil/wick really soaked. The looks, well, that is veeeery subjective. Easy to clean, can be completely rebuilt by the user, and the magnet door is extremely comfortable for me. To me, it doesn't get any better than a REO+RM2, the ultimate vape combo.

I'm trying to nail a job at a recently opened vape store, and while I extremely recommend they get into selling bottom feeders, I cannot recommend them to start selling REOs if that was a possibility. The store is fresh and just gaining ground, spending funds on it would be a risky action, so I did tell him to go for the Vmod, a much less expensive bottom feeder which gets the job done. Should that blossom, then the REOs would make sense to have as top tier bottom feeders.

Did I mention this was just my opinion? :D

Pssh, RAISE IN ARMS REONAUTS. :vapor:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Man, I feel like I need a shower after reading this thread! Just trying to get caught up on the Vmod as I snagged one in the classies at a good price, IMO at least!
Would I like a REO, yes, but funds don't allow it right now, I was thinking of getting a Vapemate, but for the price of this, I couldn't beat it!
Soo, all the fanboi-isms aside (I'm a Provati member mind you) I have a semi-stupid question. Would adding a piece of tubing in the bottle help with the feeding of this, or does it not work that way?
Thanks for the help, hope I don't start another feeding frenzy!

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Man, I feel like I need a shower after reading this thread! Just trying to get caught up on the Vmod as I snagged one in the classies at a good price, IMO at least!
Would I like a REO, yes, but funds don't allow it right now, I was thinking of getting a Vapemate, but for the price of this, I couldn't beat it!
Soo, all the fanboi-isms aside (I'm a Provati member mind you) I have a semi-stupid question. Would adding a piece of tubing in the bottle help with the feeding of this, or does it not work that way?

I pretty sure that Commie has posted a way to mod the Vmod so it feeds similar to the Reo. Maybe try PMing Commie.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I know a few people have chosen to do that, but most don't. I believe it prohibits any overfeed from draining back into the chamber.

As to is being a problem to fix, that's only opinion.

This thread has most every question one has had about a vmod asked and answered and discusses this a bit more, I believe.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lling-all-vmodders-those-interested-vmod.html

Feel free to stop by and ask any questions you may have.

(I'm a provati, too....and and an evolv fan....and a feeder fan and.......lol)

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Thank you both! I'll check that thread in a bit, I only hope it's not 100 plus pages long, like the others I've seen!

Right hand top of any ECF page, choose "settings". On the resulting page, look on the left hand side for the section "my settings". Under "my account" click "general settings". Look for "thread display options" about half way down the middle of that page. In that section, you will find "number of posts to display per page". The largest number you can pick is 40. In my opinion, it makes long thread reading a lot faster/more efficient. I see 19 pages in that thread ;)

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
That's awesome! I got a vapemate but it is kind of inconvenient to use when you are not home, so definitely the right decision to go for bottom feeders mods. So whatever you can get without stressing your funds, do it :D

I just sold my Provari two days ago so I could make up for having bought a second REO. :p (that and because it was just gathering dust :vapor:)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

Check this thread out... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...n/394178-converting-vmod-blind-squonking.html

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Got my "new to me" Vmod today, WOW this thing is tiny! The switch seems a little chinsy, it kinda "flaps in the breeze" if you will, but works never the less.
Called the local vape shops to try and find an atty for it, new toy, I want to try it out you know!
Me, "Do you have any atomizers for a bottom feed mod?"
Them, "Well we have coils for the Protanks and Kranger tanks here."
Me, "No, do you have any dripping atomizers with a hole in the bottom so I can just squeeze juice into it, it's like a REO?'
Them, "What's a REO?"
Yeah, have a nice day!
I even went to one shop that was close to home and they were trying to put a coil from a Protank on it, I just laughed and walked out!

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
both is mechanical bottom feeder. so, for those who had experienced using both, which is better?why one is better than other?

They don't even belong in the same sentence.
Vapage=plastic chassis,thin aluminum
REO=sturdy aluminum(easily twice as thick as the vapage),the only plastic is a small amount to cover the button,bottom of the connection and the positive lead that touches the battery when the button is pressed
The biggest thing they have in common is a small bottle of juice.
If you can afford it,the REO is the way to go

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
They don't even belong in the same sentence.
Vapage=plastic chassis,thin aluminum
REO=sturdy aluminum(easily twice as thick as the vapage),the only plastic is a small amount to cover the button,bottom of the connection and the positive lead that touches the battery when the button is pressed
The biggest thing they have in common is a small bottle of juice.
If you can afford it,the REO is the way to go

I just saw a v mod for the first time the other day. I was really surprised at how thin the aluminum shell was. The door of a Reo Grand is easily 3 times the thickness of that shell, maybe more.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I just saw a v mod for the first time the other day. I was really surprised at how thin the aluminum shell was. The door of a Reo Grand is easily 3 times the thickness of that shell, maybe more.

To give credit where credit is due on this point: The innards are an excellent fit inside the shell. When it is put together, it is pretty sturdy.

In fact, when I first inspected the one I had, I was pretty impressed with the fit. My concern was how well it might handle impacts due to the construction material of the innards, not how well it might handle being sat on or crushed in any way because the inside (assuming the battery and juice bottle are both in there) fills the shell really well so there isn't a lot of chance of the pressure on the outside if I sat on it or something not being absorbed by plenty of surface area on the inside. -- I think they put out some pretty good evidence that it's pretty strong with their video of slowly running it over with a full sized pick up. It can handle quite a lot of pressure.

I have to (jokingly) admit that I'd like to see that test repeated at highway speeds and using a high speed camera.

Last edited:

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Still have the vmod i bought and will keep it forever or until it breaks.That way i can give my valued opinion in these discussions.

If you buy vmod and it works good for you then be proud.It is inexpensive and that is a good thing for people on a budget.You may find it is the best thing ever and buy more and learn to mod it. You may decide to ask the owner to change some things to make it better and possibly more expensive.

All is good and comparing REOs to Vmods is just asking yourself what you are looking for in a mod. What is important to you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread