Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Here's a few quotes I plucked off some of the large vmod threads. It pretty much covers what the vmod is all about.

"AG
I started the bottom feeder thread to let people know about all of the options available. There are many, & some are quite expensive. When I came across Vapage & their desire to bring bottom feeders to a mass market, & at a much lower cost, I was very interested in seeing this happen. Over the last 6 months Vapage has been extremely responsive to customer input, & made a lot of changes to the design of the Vmod as a result. The XL is the best bottom feeder for the money on the market. I have no doubt about that. There are other mods which are very nice indeed, but starting at twice the price. I have many of these mods (or had). I want to see everyone be able to own a quality, yet affordable, bottom feeder...the XL is it."

"The feed is different from other mods. A slight push vs the hard squeeze, since there is no feed tube & no gravity to fight."

"You nailed it man, based on 1st impressions, this is the best hitting (non VV) bottom feeder on the market. I'll have to (cough) do some more (choke) testing but right now I'd say it outhits the Grand & the Hog. My Red Sky can hang with it in VV mode but not in 3.7 mode.

This is an awesome little machine. My, oh, my.
The other thing that I really, really like about this mod (and this was a selling point for me) is that it's back-pocket friendly!

I didn't have a mod - with any size to it - that I felt comfortable about carrying in me pocket at work ... now I do!

No more need to carry extra batts or another juice bottle with to see me through a long shift! If an 18650 and a 9 ml bottle won't see me through a night .. well, it might be time to think about slowing down a bit !!"

With hundreds of mods on the market, it is obvious that one mod does not fit all. The same goes for feeders. I personally prefer my wood feeder models for home and vmod feeder for travel. YMMV.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Played with mine a bit, finally managed to get some 14500's local and a 1.5 ohm cartomizer. It works, but not what I'm after just yet. Now before you bash me, let me finish!
I've fallen in love with Mad Murdock's 710 and dripping seems to be the only true way to enjoy it so far. So putting it in a cartomizer is half attempt at best! So right now I'm waiting on an Ikenvape i06 1.8 ohm atty to come in and hope this will get me going in the right direction.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Really? I find your "valued opinions" to be biased and totally unfair.

I find your bullying of me to be harassment :(

You see the thread title and i even complimented vmod for being there as a bottom feeder that some may find a lot of reasons to like from affordability and the way it looks.

I have a vmod and use it. I have also have a lot of REOS and use them more but that is just me. Everyone can decide without having personal attacks made on them.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Played with mine a bit, finally managed to get some 14500's local and a 1.5 ohm cartomizer. It works, but not what I'm after just yet. Now before you bash me, let me finish!
I've fallen in love with Mad Murdock's 710 and dripping seems to be the only true way to enjoy it so far. So putting it in a cartomizer is half attempt at best! So right now I'm waiting on an Ikenvape i06 1.8 ohm atty to come in and hope this will get me going in the right direction.

Sound like you are well on your way. You might want to check out Fourthrok's blog (link on the first post) and then just go to the end of the thread and ask any questions that may come up: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...odders-those-interested-vmod.html#post9211260

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

Just a suggestion, you might also check out some Cisco spec 306's as well. They are a highly recommended atty for almost any device. It is pretty much all I use on my Vmod XL.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Just a suggestion, you might also check out some Cisco spec 306's as well. They are a highly recommended atty for almost any device. It is pretty much all I use on my Vmod XL.

I've nothing against them at all, and may very well try them some time, but right now Ikevape has been great to me through out the years and he's going through some tough times so I feel indebted to repay the favor and buy from him.

FreshSafari

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
Southern California
Is this really a question!? LOL:blush:

Honestly the REO has the number one spot on my pedestal, Iv'e tried em all I had a vmod xl and it broke 2 weeks in from a simple fall (2ft) and I said fudge it, i'm buying a reo! I have been happy ever since, well not 100% happy I still want another but can't afford it!

Just my 2 cents :2c:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

Only someone that has owned/used both has a "valued opinion"..anyone else has only just a opinion....that is a fact. I never used a vmod so Im smart enough not to judge or criticize.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
I find your bullying of me to be harassment :(

You see the thread title and i even complimented vmod for being there as a bottom feeder that some may find a lot of reasons to like from affordability and the way it looks.

I have a vmod and use it. I have also have a lot of REOS and use them more but that is just me. Everyone can decide without having personal attacks made on them.

Links please. Where is the bullying by this new vaper?

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
and I thank you!

You are wlecome it was a great deal. But my buyers remorse was before i got it so all is ok now. I am going to keep it and yes use it :)

Nothing wrong with having a vmod to play with sometimes.

Reos are easy peasy for me to use because i get so much help on the forum from even before i got one.

Vmod is more of a challenge. I am glad fourthrok has a blog!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky

While the OP hasn't been on the forum for the last 2 1/2 months, I think I'd encourage anyone who has read this far to go back and read the original post. These threads far too often devolve the way this one has... but maybe useful information of the comparison of these two devices can still be gleaned from some of what was said in this thread. At least, I sure hope so. Otherwise I have to conclude I and other contributors to this thread have only wasted time.

BadDaddy4007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio, Tx. U.S.A.
I wish to apologize to all the good people here. I posted a reply that was inappropriate and uncalled for. As I do not own a Reo I cannot in all honestly post an accurate comparison between the two.
Be happy with what you are using to vape. And remember that diversity and tolerance is what has made our country what it is today.

Again, I apologize to any one that I may have offended with my comments.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
both is mechanical bottom feeder. so, for those who had experienced using both, which is better?why one is better than other?

I don't own a Vmod but I'm going to order one for comparisons, mainly duribility pitting it against one of my REOs in my normal lifestyle of rough and tumble, knocks and bangs, frequent carry in an apron pocket doing heavy work, frequent dives from heights onto concrete or rocks, frequent "swims" into liquids, not always clear or clean, muck, mud, dust, dirt, grit......

Many vapers don't live and/or work in environments where it is possible or practical to "pamper" a PV. I'm not at all clumsy and I live with fine things that can be easily broken. I have clothes I wouldn't dare wear to work in the jungle or to handle many animals. So as I stated, and besides the desire for a great vape with little fiddle or fuss (what my REOs provide) I'm guessing, at this point, from a little research, I'll probably find that the REO will win the duribility and "take a lick'n and keep on tick'n" contest.

BTW..... I've owned and still own many mods but all are basically collecting dust. Although it is not encouraged most of even my metal VV Reos have taken dives into water and came out unscathed after cleaning and good dry out. I have absolutely no question that my mechanical and even my wood REOs can handle "swimming" because they have done so repeatedly some for going on three years.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have two VMods (2.0 & XL) which have been in my junk drawer for months with cracked plastic frames.. I've had plenty of metal REOs, and still have a Grand. I've never had any break. I also didn't like to tilt and squonk with the VMods.. When the XL was in service, I had to mod it to make it feed upright like a REO. IMO, the VMod is not even worth the 50% off price which Vapage offers at times..

Just my opinion from one who has both... :)

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
  • Deleted by Caridwen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread