vapage vs reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ease21

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ottawa
They both serve the purpose, I prefer the reo mainly because its better quality and has less voltage drop. I mean you can't kill a reo unless you mess with its guts. I grabbed a vmod XL first, it showed me that bottom feed mods with good atties really work well and are convenient (the vmod was kindof flimsy and I eventually cracked the plastic chassis). Reos will take a range of rebuildables as well, which is my preference as well. The reo retains some resale value and has a warranty that extends itself to any owner (although if you get a straight up mechanical grand, there's really not much to go wrong). There is a real following for reos, which speaks to the quality. Definitely do pick up a few extra springs if you like rebuildable atties, nothing sucks worse than a collapsed spring.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I currently have a couple of REO's and I had a Vmod XL for a few days. I don't really consider it to be an apples to apples comparison, but I think I'm qualified to comment.

The obvious benefit to the VMod is price. It was inexpensive. - The VMod is a plastic body that holds the battery and juice bottle inserted in to a thin aluminum shell. It looks fine and works fine. The only thing I didn't care for as far as functionality is that in its stock form, it needs to be tipped upside down to feed juice. I had a boge revolution for a while so I had already figured out how to do that accurately, but I don't really care for that method and prefer to blind squonk.

The VMod's best feature is something of a concern in my mind. The cone. The cone makes it so the juice well can not leak. I think it's a unique design and indeed inventive... But, that cone has to be removed to remove your atty and to take the device apart. If you have an event that requires the quick disabling of the circuit, that cone could be a detriment. Events like that are very rare, but each individual vaper should at least think about such things and decide for themselves how much concern it is to them.

The reason I sold it was durability concerns. My job and my recreation are made up of a lot of rough physical activity. In fact, the fellow I sold it to ended up cracking the body and breaking off some of the plastic below the juice bottle. He reported a good experience with Vapage's customer service and paid a nominal fee for a replacement body, so I'm not sure there's really anything to actually complain about. I was glad to hear they had good customer service because that is as important as anything else vaping related. Dealing with a company that maintains good relations with users of their products is important. Vapage seems to be such a company for what I've read and what my buddy told me.

REO's are my favorite. I have a REO VV Woodville and a REO mini. For the closest comparison, I'll just talk about the mini. - I have no durability concerns. I don't think I could break it if I tried. The REO 510 connector is the nicest one I know of. The only connector on any device I think is about as good is the one notcigs uses. --> The quality of the connector is a very big deal to me as I've been vaping a long time now and the single most common point of failure for devices I've broken has been the connector. I wish every device had the same quality of connector REO has. My REO mini has never once failed to fire and never once given me the slightest bit of trouble. It's easy to clean (just remove the battery and bottle, toss it in some warm soapy water, and wash it - rinse it - and dry it off). It's simple, safe, durable, looks good, and always works. There's nothing else really to say.

I prefer the REO by a wide margin. The price difference was worth it to me.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I currently have a couple of REO's and I had a Vmod XL for a few days. I don't really consider it to be an apples to apples comparison, but I think I'm qualified to comment.

The obvious benefit to the VMod is price. It was inexpensive. - The VMod is a plastic body that holds the battery and juice bottle inserted in to a thin aluminum shell. It looks fine and works fine. The only thing I didn't care for as far as functionality is that in its stock form, it needs to be tipped upside down to feed juice. I had a boge revolution for a while so I had already figured out how to do that accurately, but I don't really care for that method and prefer to blind squonk.

The VMod's best feature is something of a concern in my mind. The cone. The cone makes it so the juice well can not leak. I think it's a unique design and indeed inventive... But, that cone has to be removed to remove your atty and to take the device apart. If you have an event that requires the quick disabling of the circuit, that cone could be a detriment. Events like that are very rare, but each individual vaper should at least think about such things and decide for themselves how much concern it is to them.

The reason I sold it was durability concerns. My job and my recreation are made up of a lot of rough physical activity. In fact, the fellow I sold it to ended up cracking the body and breaking off some of the plastic below the juice bottle. He reported a good experience with Vapage's customer service and paid a nominal fee for a replacement body, so I'm not sure there's really anything to actually complain about. I was glad to hear they had good customer service because that is as important as anything else vaping related. Dealing with a company that maintains good relations with users of their products is important. Vapage seems to be such a company for what I've read and what my buddy told me.

REO's are my favorite. I have a REO VV Woodville and a REO mini. For the closest comparison, I'll just talk about the mini. - I have no durability concerns. I don't think I could break it if I tried. The REO 510 connector is the nicest one I know of. The only connector on any device I think is about as good is the one notcigs uses. --> The quality of the connector is a very big deal to me as I've been vaping a long time now and the single most common point of failure for devices I've broken has been the connector. I wish every device had the same quality of connector REO has. My REO mini has never once failed to fire and never once given me the slightest bit of trouble. It's easy to clean (just remove the battery and bottle, toss it in some warm soapy water, and wash it - rinse it - and dry it off). It's simple, safe, durable, looks good, and always works. There's nothing else really to say.

I prefer the REO by a wide margin. The price difference was worth it to me.

+1 on all of the above.

I have never owned a vmod, but seriously considered one before ultimately purchasing a REO. I can sum up my REO Grand experience with a few sentences: Very simple to use, extremely versatile for RBA's, insanely durable, excellent support from reosmods and a large, freindly sector of ECF forum members. I consider it a value from a monetary standpoint considering the features, life expectancy and resalability of the mod.

You will appreciate the durability if the REO is accidentally dropped - worst case scenario is that you would have to replace the drip tip (maybe even carto / atty) and get used to some scratches on the mod. It just happened to me. Sucked. What that translates to is that the only thing you need to have with you when you leave the house besides the REO is a spare carto or atty in the car. No need to carry a backup device or even worry about damaging a grand to the point of unfunctionability.

Using cartos initially and recently switched to over RBA's - I have never had a leak or even a drop of juice in the catch cup. Ever. I think the leaks that youll hear people mention are more due to user error that a fault of the devices - people over squonk factory atty's and the excess juice overflows into the pocket maybe?

The problem with them is you want to keep acquiring more of them! One or two would be all you would likely ever need, but theres something about them that makes you want to hoard em.

Good luck which ever way you go!

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
In my mind, VMod has three positive sides: location of the squonk hole, spring loaded positive connection, and price.

However, it needs to be modded before you can blind squonk without tipping (I posted a guide), and can't be used with rebuildable atties without modding. It is also nowhere near as sturdy or repairable as the Reo. The plastic innards are prone to cracking. Metal shell is thin, bendable and has some sharp edges. Bottles are very proprietary and prone to splitting. The bottles have higher capacity, but I don't really consider that a noticeable advantage -- Reo's bottle still lasts longer than the battery.

So, both have a place in the market, both have upsides and downsides. I have both and prefer Reo.

Shameless self-advertisement: I'm selling my modded VMod in the classifieds now :)

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I have had Vmods but after getting my first REO I knew i would never use the Vmods again. I sold them all to get another REO. Tomorrow i will be getting my 5th and there will be more in my future. It is all I can use now. Other mods do not make me happy. REOs work for me especially with the Reomizer2 RBA

btw the only problems i had with Vmod were due to my own style of vaping preferences.

i am a REOnaut

Happy vaping to all and if you haven't tried a REO then check it out

go here: REO grand - Getting Started Tutorial - YouTube

or go to a link in my sig :)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
You will appreciate the durability if the REO is accidentally dropped - worst case scenario is that you would have to replace the drip tip (maybe even carto / atty) and get used to some scratches on the mod. It just happened to me. Sucked. What that translates to is that the only thing you need to have with you when you leave the house besides the REO is a spare carto or atty in the car. No need to carry a backup device or even worry about damaging a grand to the point of unfunctionability.

Using cartos initially and recently switched to over RBA's - I have never had a leak or even a drop of juice in the catch cup. Ever. I think the leaks that youll hear people mention are more due to user error that a fault of the devices - people over squonk factory atty's and the excess juice overflows into the pocket maybe?

The problem with them is you want to keep acquiring more of them! One or two would be all you would likely ever need, but theres something about them that makes you want to hoard em.

Good luck which ever way you go!

Dang Brother you mean they aren't suppose to have scratches on em? Those aren't scratches, Their Character!!!!! "If it ain't scratched, then it ain't used"

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Looks like I missed another reonaut vmod bashing convention.

I wouldn't trade my adorable vmod2 with it's fun outfits for a reo grand.

peace.gif

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012

I wouldn't trade my adorable vmod2 with it's fun outfits for a reo grand.

peace.gif

The only shells i have ever seen at vapage is the ones with their logo. I have never seen any of the graphics in stock. When i had my Vmods i used to check everyday but the graphics were always out of stock except 1 or 2 that i didn't like at all. This was my experience and preferences.

Vmods didn't work for me. Some people advised squonking a Vmod to get it to feed while tipping it and checking for bubbles. And some people advised it doesn't need squonking just tip and vape.

Glad you got what you wanted from them :) I know people who are happy with Vmods!

btw mentioning what you don't like about a mod isn't bashing it. Bashing is when because something doesn't work out for a person and they claim it will be everyone's experience or preference.

I like to see what others like and dislike and then go check it out for myself if it appeals to me. That is why I bought my first (but not last) REO.

Be happy and keep on vaping :)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky

I thought I gave a pretty fair description and comparison. Commie also has had both and gave an honest opinion. Wabbit has both and described his/her(?) use for each. Doots has owned both and gave an honest opinion. WattWick might not have either, but rightly pointed out that the advertizing on the side is something a lot of folks don't appreciate on any device. _more_ has had both... etc etc.

As far as these threads go, I think this one has been more civil than the rest.

I have to say, I believe that this particular thread doesn't deserve such a harsh assessment. And, in fact, the majority of participants are generally helpful folks.

Last edited:

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
This is a question that i have not had answered in my post above or anytime i asked.

A question on the Vmods bottom feeding that i failed so miserably at figuring out. I was told how to squonk and watched the vids demonstrating how to do so.

With me i couldn't depend on the amounts of juice being delivered. I was either getting dry hits or flooding to the point of juice in my mouth. Sometimes even hot juice. Then recently someone else said you didn't have to squonk at all, just tip the vmod and it would work without a squonk. I don't have vmods anymore but am curious because of the contradicting support i was getting from vmod users.

I was so wanting to be a Vmodian until i noticed the contradictions and denials for help requests> I had 8 vmods in total. I felt stupid for asking questions or making observations.

I decided to go to REO because the REOnauts and owner participation are always available. The people are kind and sweet and funny. We can discuss anything and everything. Anytime i have questions in the REO forum the support is outstanding with even the owner explaining how to do or use something.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm not quite understanding the question More, but I will make a stab at it.

As you may not recall, it says in the instructions that came with the Vmod how to feed. It also says people like to figure out their own methods. I have found that 2nd sentence to be true with all my feeders.

I am sorry if you found it confusing when people offered you some other ideas or their tips. People have found it easy to use a vmod and many of the people that had trouble at first were one's who had owned squankers and had to break the habit of using a lot of force. There is very little force, if any, needed to feed a Vmod.

Feeder fans that first used the vmod came up with the feeding instructions that would work well for most people and expanded on the vapage instructions. They have been posted repeatedly on the vmod threads. I've done so from time to time when a new batch of vmod owners show up, just this year.

Often people pass on what they like to do and some of their tips or things they used when learning how to use a feeder. If that was confusing, it wasn't meant to be so.

As I often love to lounge in a chair and vape a couple of my feeders, I often suggest people try this as the mod is held in a quite natural position and quite often just natural vaping action is all that is required.....no bottle pressing. It helped me learn and sometimes tips like that are useful to others. Perhaps it is only an advanced method, and I shouldn't pass it on.

I also believe it could be possible that your experiences with your first feeder helped bring knowledge to your next one....but, like most anything, I'm sure there are opposing views.

I would love to chat with your more, More, and would prefer it be via PM as a discussion between mod owners, and not a battlefield which public threads can become. As you know, I am thrilled you are so happy with your Reo's and have found your dream mod. I don't make a habit of not liking someone or feeling rebuffed because they didn't like the mod or liquid or atty I happen to prefer. I sure hope you don't feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread