Vape-A-Palooza 2013 in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntsteff

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Metro Atlanta
Hopefully, someone in the know can answer this question for me....My friend & I are both local to Atlanta & want to come to Vapeapalooza, but she is having a hard time finding a babysitter for her 9 month old. Anyone know if this is an 18+ only event or are all ages welcome? I was also thinking about bringing my sister & she has 2 children that would need to come along as well (7 & 12).

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Me to. Just got a IGO-L and a AGA-T2 on the way.

A breeze from the coast, near Alma, blows in a strange avian. He glides in and lands on a perch that just rises from the floor of the "Vape-A-Palooza 2013 in Atlanta" thread and he lands on it. It has a bevel cut on one edge but is otherwise a plain wooden perch. A platinum YB medallion, around his neck begins to glow a deep Peach color. You hear a deep, smooth, male, Latin translated voice:

"Hail and greetings fellow Georgian vapers! I own an IGO-L and an AGA-T2. I have enjoyed some small success in rebuilding both. I have only used SS mesh wick in the AGA T2 but have tried silica and SS mesh in the IGO L. I use 32ga kanthal wire. I, and Mrs. Byrd, will be in attendance. If I can be of any assistance, brock957 -or anyone else- I would be happy to share my limited experiences with both devices. Since a juice bar will be available I fully intend to have my IGO-L at hand and in use. I hope that you new rebuilders have a VV device, with built in protection, to test all of your builds. If not a multimeter is needed to test your coils for Ohms and stability prior to use. My assistant, James, will mix with the humans as he and his wife will attend too. He should be easy to spot as we both believe he will be one of the oldest human males in attendance. Per my instruction he should also be wearing a paper name placard that says, "Hello, my name is CAW!" We all look forward to seeing you soon. "

YardByrd spreads his wings wide and bowing low his perch begins to sink beneath him. Then, Yardbyrd, too, begins to sink into the floor! Just as his head, only is visible, you hear his final translated words, before his visage drops from view: "Viva Vape-A-Palooza!" and he is gone.

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
I look forward to it.
I will have the IGO-L. the AGA-T2 I'm not getting. Out of stock and not planning to restocked where I ordered from. OKC VAPES will have wire and wicks I plan to buy some. Got my vamo for ohms check. Thinking about ordering a DMM from fasttech. Not sure if I really need to.

A breeze from the coast, near Alma, blows in a strange avian. He glides in and lands on a perch that just rises from the floor of the "Vape-A-Palooza 2013 in Atlanta" thread and he lands on it. It has a bevel cut on one edge but is otherwise a plain wooden perch. A platinum YB medallion, around his neck begins to glow a deep Peach color. You hear a deep, smooth, male, Latin translated voice:

"Hail and greetings fellow Georgian vapers! I own an IGO-L and an AGA-T2. I have enjoyed some small success in rebuilding both. I have only used SS mesh wick in the AGA T2 but have tried silica and SS mesh in the IGO L. I use 32ga kanthal wire. I, and Mrs. Byrd, will be in attendance. If I can be of any assistance, brock957 -or anyone else- I would be happy to share my limited experiences with both devices. Since a juice bar will be available I fully intend to have my IGO-L at hand and in use. I hope that you new rebuilders have a VV device, with built in protection, to test all of your builds. If not a multimeter is needed to test your coils for Ohms and stability prior to use. My assistant, James, will mix with the humans as he and his wife will attend too. He should be easy to spot as we both believe he will be one of the oldest human males in attendance. Per my instruction he should also be wearing a paper name placard that says, "Hello, my name is CAW!" We all look forward to seeing you soon. "

YardByrd spreads his wings wide and bowing low his perch begins to sink beneath him. Then, Yardbyrd, too, begins to sink into the floor! Just as his head, only is visible, you hear his final translated words, before his visage drops from view: "Viva Vape-A-Palooza!" and he is gone.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
I look forward to it.
I will have the IGO-L. the AGA-T2 I'm not getting. Out of stock and not planning to restocked where I ordered from. OKC VAPES will have wire and wicks I plan to buy some. Got my vamo for ohms check. Thinking about ordering a DMM from fasttech. Not sure if I really need to.

A sound of pots boiling...boiling pots full of peanuts is heard...and suddenly YardByrd is there seated on his perch. His YB medallion starts to glow a deep scarlet and a familiar, deep, male, Latin, translated voice is heard:

"Hail, salutations, and greetings, from across the Realms, to my fellow Georgian vapers! I must say, brock957, that I LOVE my IGO L. I believe it is one of the easiest builds, most straightforward supply systems, sturdy, and delivers excellent vapor and flavor. Unlike many I "freehand wind" all of my coils. If you watch the pros on youtube you will notice that they usually only use a drill bit, paper clip, or the like when doing a tutorial; otherwise they also freehand wrap coils. I may even be interested in picking up another IGO L, if there is a good deal on one, at Vape-A-Palooza. I also, must say, that I am torn, as to whether I will bring both of my finest mods; a Provari and an SSGGTS-2012. The latter has yet to leave my abode since my fortunate purchase of it last December. Regardless I will at least have my L-Rider with me...we will just have to wait and see what I finally decide. Happy building, to you, and all other pursuing the RBA/RDA learning curve. My assistant James, who is more adept at these things, has told me he has never had a single regret in the similar pursuit."

Suddenly you can hear Otis Redding singing "Dock of the Bay" and for just a second YardByrd looks a little sad...then he turns his head in profile and opens his beak in an unmistakable Byrd grin and as the sound of surf on sand, from the song is heard, fading, he too fades away.

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
Hopefully, someone in the know can answer this question for me....My friend & I are both local to Atlanta & want to come to Vapeapalooza, but she is having a hard time finding a babysitter for her 9 month old. Anyone know if this is an 18+ only event or are all ages welcome? I was also thinking about bringing my sister & she has 2 children that would need to come along as well (7 & 12).
I don't know.
Hopefully someone else in the know will Answer.

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA

It hasn't been said that this is an 18+ event or not. So I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think that you would be turned away if you had kids with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread