• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapers in the ie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Greetings,

I was just at that location smoking an analog a week or so ago next to the planter a few feet from the sidewalk and a barista came out and told me that I was not allowed to smoke near the building. I chuckled at the absurdity of the request as I backed up two feet to the public sidewalk. I wonder if Starbucks' smoking policy extends to vaping as well.

In any case, I second my wife's suggestion for a Back to the Grind meetup. The owner is very laid back, the site is extremely spacious and very high ceilinged, and even if for some strange reason we couldn't do it indoors there is a sizable designated smoking area in the back.

Welcome, Retr0spective! Yeah, this weekend will be a little crazy for me, but other than that, I would be happy to meet up any time. My schedule will be fairly flexible starting next week. Yeah pretty silly when people enforce those "designated smoking area policies." I remember having to literally take one or two steps back once or twice back in my analog days. Ogredog and I vaped profusely at that Starbucks on the patio, so either they didn't care or it might have just depended on who was working.

I'm a little confused, Ogredog and vsummer1 -- are you guys setting up something for today, or Monday or Tuesday? If it's at the beginning of next week, I'd probably be up for it. I'm certainly not committed to any Starbuck's either. I originally picked that place because of its proximity to freeways and decent patio, but I'm fine with a change of venue, and certainly willing to leave Riverside.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I just spoke with Chad at Buffalo Wild Wings in Rancho Cucamonga and the patio I was talking about does allow smoking so we are fine to go there. It is pretty enclosed because it has TV's out there, and plenty of room. I dont' recall a lot of smoking when I was there as we just needed a room large enough to hold all of us.

Is this a good spot for you all?

Uh, yeah what day was that? LOL.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
I just spoke with Chad at Buffalo Wild Wings in Rancho Cucamonga and the patio I was talking about does allow smoking so we are fine to go there. It is pretty enclosed because it has TV's out there, and plenty of room. I dont' recall a lot of smoking when I was there as we just needed a room large enough to hold all of us.

Is this a good spot for you all?

Uh, yeah what day was that? LOL.

Oh I 4got Mon is labor day lol.....Tues would be better 4 me...wild wings is cool just let us know where it is....and anyone else around please feel free to join!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I think I got hit with an EMP bomb. Last week, it was my cell phone. Today, my car battery. No big deal to replace a car battery, right? WRONG. I called the dealership 50 miles away, they said the battery was $239 plus labor of $212 = $451. :shock: So I called the local guy and his machine says he is closed yesterday and today for Labor Day. So I called autozone, and they said no problem, $135.99 plus $12 for the core. I went to autozone. It took the guy a half hour to manhandle the biggest battery I have ever seen out of the trunk, removing a ton of wires and some kind of bomb that goes off if my air bags deploy so the battery is disconnected. Or some such thing.

New battery, car starts right up. Yay! Oops, not really. I have no speedometer, no gas gauge, no diagnostics at all. Interestingly enough, my navigation works fine. No idea if the brake lights work or the turn signal (they do, I just don't see it from the inside). So I get home and look it up and I need a "Bavarian Technic" thing to register my battery with my car. That costs nearly $300 for one and then I wait for shipment. :evil:

So, I need to get to the BMW shop on Tuesday because while I would venture to Riverside without registering the battery, I cannot without a speedometer. But hey! The car starts. Note to self: SELL THE BMW.

-----
I doubt I can make Tuesday in the morning, I have no idea when the shop opens or when he can get to it, but I am praying that the local guy isn't going to charge me $212 to do whatever he needs to do (register battery, clear fault codes). I did find a thread online that someone else had the exact same problem and that is what needs doing.

Sorry to vent, but this is getting ridiculous. The vaping gods are NOT on my side to meet you guys.

Do you want to try for Wednesday instead and hope he can do it on Tuesday? Or you all go ahead and meet and I will see if I can get it done and then come out?

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
Oooo sorry about your car. Sounds frustrating.
What time of day were/are you all planning to get together? My husband and I would like to join, but only one of us will be able to meet up at a time since the other will have to stay with our toddler.
Also, I'm pretty clueless still about all this stuff... do you swap juices to sample when you get together? if so, is that something you need a drip tip for?

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
LOL, I can't tell you what they do, every time I say I am coming some electronic device that I need with me to drive across the desert in 100 degree heat ups and gives me fits. I plan on bringing a bunch of the different juices I have, some I can't stand and may as well see if anyone else likes them, and some I love and want everyone to try. And extra batteries and stuff...

Is there a chance you could bring the toddler or would you just prefer to have some "me" time. I am pretty sure they allow kids, and we will be in an enclosed patio area so no escaping should you turn your back LOL.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
wonderland:7106949 said:
Oooo sorry about your car. Sounds frustrating.
What time of day were/are you all planning to get together? My husband and I would like to join, but only one of us will be able to meet up at a time since the other will have to stay with our toddler.
Also, I'm pretty clueless still about all this stuff... do you swap juices to sample when you get together? if so, is that something you need a drip tip for?

I can't speak for others but you can try any of my ejuice you want...if you want to try my devices you can put your carto, atty w.e. on it or use mine with your drip tip or use a a new one I have spares...we can also possibly swap/trade if its not one I'm super hot for...

Vs1 sucks about your car. Sucks that u need a $200+ battery! This week I can do Wednesday as its my every other wed off.....

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I am really hoping that the BMW shop up here can fix it. Hopefully they can fit me in today and I will be good to go. I will report back as soon as I know for sure.

I have already started "packing" for the trip LOL. I have the ones that were in my "icky" box ready. I will gather up my "good" ones and bring them also. I have several different vendors from which to sample.

So target is Wednesday at 11?

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
We will not be able to make that, so hopefully next time (husband's at work and I'm with our daughter. I'd bring her, but she's such a crazy ball of nonstop energy right now I'd just spend my whole time chasing her!).
oh, and for the future, Back To The Grind in Riverside will let us vape indoors :)
have fun everyone!

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
We will not be able to make that, so hopefully next time (husband's at work and I'm with our daughter. I'd bring her, but she's such a crazy ball of nonstop energy right now I'd just spend my whole time chasing her!).
oh, and for the future, Back To The Grind in Riverside will let us vape indoors :)
have fun everyone!

That is awesome to know thanks!
Sorry you can't make it.....I don't know if its even happening anyway....maybe next time!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I replied from my phone, but I guess that doesn't work. My car is at the beemer shop, the battery is good, the fuses are good, and they still can't figure it out. My instrument panel is just dead! Their scope won't work... so, they still have my car.

They think maybe Autozone shorted something when they installed it. Or their battery tender thing that was supposed to prevent this from happening and didn't may have messed up the computer.

So, I cannot say I can be there at 11 tomorrow. DAMN IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread