Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
tobacco contains nicotine, which is an alkaloid.
But there are other alkaloids in tobacco (harman and norharman) which are MAOIs.

Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tobacco smoke contains anabasine, anatabine, and nornicotine. It also contains the monoamine oxidase inhibitors harman and norharman.[57] These beta-carboline compounds significantly decrease MAO activity in smokers.[57][58] MAO enzymes break down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. It is thought that a powerful interaction between the MAOIs and nicotine is responsible for most of the addictive properties of tobacco smoking.[59] The addition of five minor tobacco alkaloids increases nicotine-induced hyperactivity, sensitization and intravenous self-administration in rats.[60]

There is a definite possibility that vaping and smoking could provide different results.
Talk to your doctor.
:)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I do have severe anxiety and the Medes I'm taking are lorazepam- as needed and pristiq- daily. I've noticed my anxiety getting worse from vaping/ and when I used to smoke. The nicotine is a...what ever it is it is similar to caffeine of which I can't drink cuss it makes my anxiety act up.it is a rough struggle to deal with. I wish you luck
Consult your doctor.

And maybe look into WTA liquids...
Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) liquids

Reactions: 2buildawall

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Not a definitive expert, but if you are or were smoking or using tobacco before beginning vaping without any adverse affects from the nicotine in tobacco, I do not see why it would be any different with vaping. However you might search on studies of effects/counter-effects tobacco or nicotine use pertaining to your specific medications would shed more light on if vaping nicotine will do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread