Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
So far I've had no troubles whatsoever at work. The thing is you just have to use a little common sense and show a little courtesy to those around you and if you do, odds are you'll be able to do what you want.

Generally I'll try being somewhat low profile, conscientious and generally I'll choose flavors that have a pleasant aroma for when I'm around others.

Agreed. I'm not going to be anywhere near obnoxious about this. Hence, I leave my door shut most of the time :) I don't want to get called into the "Principal's Office" ;)

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
I work in a professional office setting that is pretty uptight. Relaxed about some things, but definitely on the uptight side about some others.
i.e. No open toe shoes.

Smokers have to stay in their designated spot outside.

I'm a manager with an office. I Should be able to close my door and vape a bit, but I don't dare try. I know it would unleash a poop storm.

Dyanne

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Queensland, Australia
I work in an office setting, with multiple people in a large open area. I have no problem vaping right at my desk. In fact it becomes a running joke: "Smells like someone smoked a bowl of straight cotton-candy in here!"
I have my set-ups in a line with 3-5 bottles of liquid on my desk at any given time. I try not to be obnoxious and blow clouds but I no longer have to take smoke breaks outside! I'm often browsing ECF (been a lurker for a while now) during slow times, and sometimes I even have the option of playing with builds if its super slow.

Just wondering if anyone else has the experience of being able to enjoy vaping (comfortably) in their workplace and/or what their co-workers have to say about it.

The only reason I can relate is because I now work from home. Since June this year I started working for a national Insurance company who started employing people who were local instead of offshore (india/asia etc) Strict laws in regards to smoking during my 8 wks of training on site, and we could only take our cigarette breaks away from the building during our normal break times etc. But now that I have finished my training period and have had my home office inspected by work place health and safety I can vape away during my shifts as I see fit <3

Last edited:

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
The only reason I can relate is because I now work from home. Since June this year I started working for a national Insurance company who started employing people who were local instead of offshore (india/asia etc) Strict laws in regards to smoking during my 8 wks of training on site, and we could only take our cigarette breaks away from the building during our normal break times etc. But now that I have finished my training period and have had my home office inspected by work place health and safety I can vape away during my shifts as I see fit <3

Work from home - for the win.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Offices and business cards are overrated MsShona. I am in a relaxed environment but cannot vape due to my position. People here don't vape or understand what it is. I am a closet vaper. I do vape in my car, go ape nuts in my shop, and stealth vaping is tolerated inside the house. It is a bit funny because a lot of people chew here in the office.

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
Offices and business cards are overrated MsShona. I am in a relaxed environment but cannot vape due to my position. People here don't vape or understand what it is. I am a closet vaper. I do vape in my car, go ape nuts in my shop, and stealth vaping is tolerated inside the house. It is a bit funny because a lot of people chew here in the office.

Oh my really? Chewing is gross! :p

I just want to get into a position where I'm deemed important enough to have business card ordered for me :)

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
My last job as someone's employee I left in 2012. At the time I worked in an office and would happily vape my little 801 penstyle in my cubicle. Coworkers would joke and say "he's smoking his Sharpie!"

Now I own my business and work at home...vape all day long at my desk. Sometimes I just use my little BVC Nautilus, other times my bigger stuff. Either way, my office smells like fruit or caramel most of the time and I'm level and not fidgety.

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
My last job as someone's employee I left in 2012. At the time I worked in an office and would happily vape my little 801 penstyle in my cubicle. Coworkers would joke and say "he's smoking his Sharpie!"

Now I own my business and work at home...vape all day long at my desk. Sometimes I just use my little BVC Nautilus, other times my bigger stuff. Either way, my office smells like fruit or caramel most of the time and I'm level and not fidgety.

Congratulations on running your own business. It is my unfulfilled lifelong dream.

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
I vape at work. night shift, nobody around much but I do have to be careful just where after setting off the main fire alarm via a smoke detector in an elevator lobby. I didn't get busted but close. They put thoundsands of dollars into the system after that "false alarm"

We took our grandkids to Disney World last month and stayed in one of the resorts. I didn't think it would happen but I set off the alarm in our room. It was LOUD too. What was disturbing however was that no one at the facility came to check on us or called...nothing. I would have explained if they came that the reason the "smoke" has no smell is because everything at Disney is "magical." :)

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

The Dog Guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
New York
140evps.jpg

My boss makes me vape outside. Oh wait, I'm the boss and I work outside. The fish don't seem to mind.

I'm jealous ...worked with an Iditarod team in '95 and loved AK! Even at-100f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread