Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeast64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
South Carolina
I used to do it all the time,even in the office area. I even "flipped" the safety director from dipping to vaping :D
We used to sit in his office talking after I had finished my lunch and people always made comments about how good that end of the hallway smelled

I found out today,due to "children" walking around the office and break room areas blowing "nuclear clouds" that those areas are now non-vaping areas and they have to go outside to vape. It never fails that the actions of a few will screw up things for many :evil:

I'll be starting a new job Monday at a machine shop and I didn't even approach the subject,didn't want to hurt my chances of getting the job.
I guess I'll kinda kick back and see if there are smoking areas or how smoking is handled.

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I work in a small group home for physically and developmentally disabled adults. I can vape as much as I want, anytime I want to. The manager and all my coworkers are perfectly fine with it. Even the people who live there think it's cool and everyone enjoys the smell. At the beginning of my vaping I even had a couple of people ask who was baking cookies. :)

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
I sit in the front area of my office, visitors and co-irkers alike walk by all the time. Nobody has said one word about my vaping at my desk. I am polite, don't vape when visitors are right here or when the boss is walking by, but they have all seen my vaporizer sitting on my desk and asked what it is. Have gotten a few jokes about it, but that's about it. Once in a while the execs will walk by when I have a mouthful of vapor and I usually hold it till they pass. I know they have seen me, but I guess since I am not obvious or obnoxious about it they just let it slide.

Valroize

Dec 26, 2014
Taiwan
Only way I can vape at work is stealth. My company (as per NY State laws) treats it the same as smoking.

Sadly me too... They all know I use an E-Cig and I emphasize I already quit smoking. Many of them replied... If you quit smoking already.. then why are you 'STILL' smoking/using that "THING"... then why not don't use anything at all... I think they have a point there... Actually I'm NOT addicted to Nicotine. I was on Mxrlboro Lights when I quit... So I vape with Zero (0) Nicotine. Yes, why do I still Vape? All I can say is I like to retain one Vice... that somehow make me look "I'm not a good good guy... " And I'de like to play with Smoke... blow circles with them. I CAN still do it wih Vaping. That's my Addiction to smoking... I Cannot drink beer with my other hand empty... So there shold be at least something like Cigarrette there... now a PV.

Last edited:

Valroize

Dec 26, 2014
Taiwan
me in my country, Indonesia. the only limitation for smoker is Air Conditioned place. as long as I vaping, there are no more place restricted. anywhere is vaping area. i can vape at office, bus, train, mall, everywhere i stand. but we are here, indonesia leave in high tolerance to others. sometimes i myself is the highest limitation. i respecting everyone around, even if there are no complaint.
come here if you want nonstop vaping all day:2cool:

Good for you !

Now here's my sad sad sad case... HERE:

Here in Taiwan, The government are very much ALL OUT against Smoking Cigarrettes (Including VAPING because they DO NOT Understand Vaping) They also say in the news that Vaping is dangerous to your health here. Those ...... in the govenrment. (They want to protect their profit and earnings they get from Tobbacco Companies here... if everyone is vaping no one will smoke anymore... baaad for business...)

NO Smoking in ALL Parks, includes memorial, botanical, theme parks and etc.

NO in ALL Indoor Buildings and Establishments Both Private and Gov't owned meaning the whole block and surroundings of the Building.

In addition to the above mentioned, NO Smoking in Movie Theaters, Restaurants, Convinient Stores and etc.

NO Smoking while Riding your Motorcycle, Scooter, Bicycle.

NO Smoking EVEN inside your OWN private property YOUR OWN CAR.

NO Smoking inside the house is BANNED by your wife and/or family, NOW,

NO Smoking at your OWN house's BALCONY, PORCH because IF your neighbors complains about it... YOU GET THE FINE ! of NT$1,000 to NT$10,000 (Equivalent to approx. 30 USD to 300USD)

PS. NO SMOKING Ban here Includes NO VAPING.

So Folks, Welcome to Taiwan.

Last edited:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I turned my boss into a vaper after 20+ years of smoking. We have cloud competitions in the office!
63457c805ab9c185cf717837fe388b07.jpg

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
I'm kind of glad that my office doesn't allow vaping, actually. It forces me to go outside where I get some exercise walking around the block a couple times, and I would blow through so much juice chain vaping all day.

There is a senior manager who vapes in his office, but I don't have one of those and I have been too shy to approach him about vaping (I've never talked to him before because he works in another group).

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Not allowed to actually,
But I'm good with it in reality, I smoked in the cold, rain, wind snow so figure that there isn't much difference really except I don't need an ashtray in the end and besides already 5'ish folks have converted at work that were former smokers so I look at it as offering a life saving alternative while I'm out there any who. The points brought up by my work place like possible allergic reactions are valid points and can't really argue with them so I abide by the rules :)

CampbellMC

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2014
NS, Canada
I work at a grocery supply warehouse, at my work we aren't allowed vaping inside, however we do not have to follow the "50 feet from any entrance" rule. There are a number of people who will sneak into a corner and puff on theirs, but I don't feel the need to. When I first started vaping I was the only person at my work doing it, within about a month I got 4 more guys started on it, and after about 6 months I had gotten about 20 people to turn away from the dark side (cigarettes). At first there were a number of people of who used them inside, but due to the strict regulations of what we are allowed out on the floor around the products they decided to stop allowing people to use it inside. Also it is a distraction from your job, and with 6 ton highlifts and pallet jacks flying around they want people paying attention.

Get comments from my Compatriots that my VTR in a leather holster on my belt looks like a "...." - However I principally drive a rubbish compactor truck at a local Campground and get to vape in the truck at will.

My Compatriots comment my breathing has improved since I gave away the analogs 4 months after smoking for 50 years!

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
I work in the basement of a hospital, in an office/cubicle farm environment. I have a cubicle that is at the back of an alcove - I liken it to being at the end of a cul de sac -
so I only have one shared cubicle wall and I vape all day, stealth wise. People have seen my gear on the desk, but I think they think I'm just charging it for my outside breaks. Even though my wife is the HR director here, I'm sure they'd all flip out if they knew and it would be banned immediately. So rather than trying to be a change agent, I just tuck my tail and hide my vape. I use light flavors and DIY a lot of my stuff and not one person has ever mentioned smelling anything - bad or good. I also keep a small fan running - pointing up a bit, for privacy issues because I support the IT stuff involved in Payroll and many of my telephone conversations do not need to be heard outside my cube. So they can't even hear me pulling on it.
Until I get caught, life is sweet.
When the weather is good, I go outside some just for the break, but I'll be damned if I go outside in the freezing or in the rain. I'll just bathroom vape if they ever do put out a memo.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I'm the only person at work that vapes, no one else smokes or vapes. They're policy is no vaping in the sales office. No problem, as I'm in there about an hour or two all day. The owner's wife just started working with us and isn't a fan of my vaping. She's from the medical field and says...that's bad for you. I've ask her if she can elaborate, only to be told that vaping is as bad as cigarettes. I think she'd like to ban it, though she hasn't yet.

Markill

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Connecticut
I work as a lifeguard, and since it's a town pool, the rule of "no tobacco products on city property" applies. So sadly, I can't vape at all. I wouldn't while guarding regardless, but it'd be wonderful on breaks. However, the break room is very open, and with the amount of children who come to the pool, it wouldn't look very good. One coworker does dip secretly on breaks, spitting the juice into a waterbottle, so I may try stealth vaping at some point

Lateralus819

Aug 13, 2014
New York
The president of our company just made a ruling in our (vapers) favor. A friend started first using Blu's. I followed and since they're now about 6-10 of us.

We may vape as we wish, obviously as long as it doesn't hinder production. One guy (non smoker) lost his .... at the meeting LOL. We we're all laughing our asses off.

A LOT of people comment on how good it smells. Then there are those who tell me how terrible it is. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread