Is There such a thing as Proper Vaping Etiquette ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Hopefully government will regulate when and where you can wear a speedo.

I too am in favor of guiding the gooberment away from legislation geared toward what they refuse to understand and directly at the real issues in society.

I will be happy to sign your petition, sir. Just point me to it.

Tapatyped

I think on the inside looking out, we're able to say "Sure, this isn't harmless; it's given me my sense of taste back, my sense of smell, my life," but someone on the outside who doesn't vape may see huge clouds and want to avoid the kid being obnoxious. That isn't necessarily true to life, but I'd say it's a safe bet that someone who doesn't vape generally doesn't want someone filling the room with haze. I used to go outside to smoke and I'd wait until I had a break from whatever I was doing, so I can find some time to go outside and vape. I always ask a bartender or proprietor if they allow vaping inside, and ask the people around me. It's just courtesy.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
nobody is looking for a fight. vaping is harmless.
get over it.
mike

No one here can say "vaping is harmless" because we simply don't know this. There just hasn't been enough time for enough research to be done.

That said you're preaching to the choir, I'm on your side about this.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
No one here can say "vaping is harmless" because we simply don't know this. There just hasn't been enough time for enough research to be done.

That said you're preaching to the choir, I'm on your side about this.

we know with 98 to 99.8 % certainty that its safe.
right up there with tap water in potential for harm.
regards
mike

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Can we agree on the following :
1) Vaping outside is fine.
2) Vaping indoors depends on the proprietor/ owner, after all they own the place.
3) Blowing Vapor into someone else's face, or in a crowd is just plain rude.

Maybe we could start with that. maybe.....

good start seems reasonable :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Can we agree on the following :
1) Vaping outside is fine.
2) Vaping indoors depends on the proprietor/ owner, after all they own the place.
3) Blowing Vapor into someone else's face, or in a crowd is just plain rude.

Maybe we could start with that. maybe.....
You've certainly got my vote.
:)

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
yes there are. gentlemen should not extend their pinky while holding the mod. while using dripper, the free hand should be holding the liquid bottle by the mid section with free hand. to prevent embarrassing noises such as farting or burfing, one should politely cough while performing bodily function. it's polite to have something to drink on the side so you don't act like a cat spitting out a furball when your throat gets too dry. if possible have hanky or bandanna in one of the pockets. i'm sure there are more, but not being an english, my knowledge of etiquette is limited to how to clean a chicken that came in a plastic bag.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
yes there are. gentlemen should not extend their pinky while holding the mod. while using dripper, the free hand should be holding the liquid bottle by the mid section with free hand. to prevent embarrassing noises such as farting or burfing, one should politely cough while performing bodily function. it's polite to have something to drink on the side so you don't act like a cat spitting out a furball when your throat gets too dry. if possible have hanky or bandanna in one of the pockets. i'm sure there are more, but not being an english, my knowledge of etiquette is limited to how to clean a chicken that came in a plastic bag.

Have you actually tried covering a fart with a cough? You may find the effect somewhat contradictory to its intent. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread