Vaping for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifts

Nov 4, 2014
New York
I’ve been vaping for 6 years now. 20 year smoker prior to that. Since I quit smoking I feel much healthier, much better lung function, rarely ever get sick, no more coughing, better cardiovascular endurance, don’t get winded anymore, and my blood oxygen level tests (finger clip test at the doctor) is 99%.

Let me know how long you’ve been vaping, and what life improvements have you seen as a result of it.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
30+ PAD smoker. I switched to vaping 7 years ago. According to my watch, pulse-ox is 95-98%, resting heart rate is around 58 bpm, I run 3 to 5 miles a day, I'm down from 220# to 160#, I get roughly 70 minutes of workout/cardio a day. Blood pressure runs 110/70. Yeah, I'd say I'm doing great for a 54 year old, 6'1" male.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’ve been vaping for 6 years now. 20 year smoker prior to that. Since I quit smoking I feel much healthier, much better lung function, rarely ever get sick, no more coughing, better cardiovascular endurance, don’t get winded anymore, and my blood oxygen level tests (finger clip test at the doctor) is 99%.

Let me know how long you’ve been vaping, and what life improvements have you seen as a result of it.

Great idea for a subthread- I’ve been vaping for 4 years this December or maybe it was November. Well around that time there!

I didn’t smoke “too” much about 2 extra long packs a week but even quitting that amount has made my chest/lungs feel less congested. I don’t have any yucky coughing which is great.

But the number one reason I quit cigarettes is the smell. God I hate they way the stink up my clothing, my hair and yellowing of some teeth.

I never smoked in the house and I’m glad I didn’t. I do vape in the house but use large air purifiers in the 2 rooms I hang out the most over concern for my dog and cat. I don’t like vaping near them so I put the air purifier to one side and exhale away from the kids. Although I did ask about the dangers of vaping to pets when one of my dogs had a bronchial infection but she and two other vets at Tufts Veterinary Hospital agreed that it would have to be VERY large amounts of inhaled vaping to effect.

I’m not including accidental ingestion or from licking their fur. I’m focusing just on the air supply quality.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
30+ PAD smoker. I switched to vaping 7 years ago. According to my watch, pulse-ox is 95-98%, resting heart rate is around 58 bpm, I run 3 to 5 miles a day, I'm down from 220# to 160#, I get roughly 70 minutes of workout/cardio a day. Blood pressure runs 110/70. Yeah, I'd say I'm doing great for a 54 year old, 6'1" male.

Life changing! And why don’t we see commercials like this from CASAA for a campaign of harm reduction for vaping?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Life changing! And why don’t we see commercials like this..
    Because to the suits our testimonials are just words, and not words from a 'medical professional' that's on their side.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Smoked no less than a pack a day for 45 years. Smoked my last smoke Nov. 13th, 2011 so almost 10 years smoke free. I am now 73 years old. I suspect giving up the smokes added many years to my life. The main thing I have noticed is no more morning cough. Unfortunately our success stories don't mean a thing to the powers that be but I love hearing them. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    30+ PAD smoker.

I'd like to see that! No one smokes 30 packs/day :lol::tumble::lol:

I smoked for almost 60 years. But then the doctor said that my future life span would be measured in weeks instead of months or years if I continued to smoke. So I made the switch to vaping. I was 68 years old at the time. Now I'm 80, and doing just fine.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But the number one reason I quit cigarettes is the smell.

Same here. I always hated the smell of cigs even when I was a smoker. Now, as a vaper, I can't take the smell at all. I can smell a burning cigarette a mile away lol.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was a 2.5 PAD smoker for over 20 years. Much of that time unfiltered. I'll be honest, the only health benefit I gained from quitting was getting rid of the smoker's cough and laugh. Other than that, I feel the same. I never even coughed up lung cookies like people told me I would for a while after I switched. None of this matter to me, though, because I didn't switch to vaping for my health. I switched because I hated the smell and I saw the potential to save mega bucks. And I accomplished that. If you have expensive tastes and are not willing to DIY, vaping can be expensive. Otherwise it can be extremely cheap (at least with open systems).

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I smoked at least a pack a day for 25 years. I had no desire to quit at all. After a major ankle fracture I got told to quit, or face an extra month in a cast along with a higher chance of complications.

I've never been good at doing what I'm told, so I planned to stop for a month or so and start again. During the first two weeks in hospital, the pain was a brilliant distraction - along with extremely limited mobility to run outside for a smoke :lol:

So I used an Innokin t18 kit, supplied by my family instead. Along with free nicotine patches and nic gum. Once home, I got through the first month by vaping my head off - inside.

Two months later, I was still vaping my head off - and was starting to enjoy vaping A LOT more than I did smoking. So I carried on vaping.

3 and a half years on, I'm still vaping. Health wise - my ankle injury healed way beyond my orthopaedic surgeon's hopes. I was fit when I smoked, but the main difference now is how much better my lung capacity is. Huge difference there in recovery times, and how long it takes me to get breathless when exercising.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Same here. I always hated the smell of cigs even when I was a smoker. Now, as a vaper, I can't take the smell at all. I can smell a burning cigarette a mile away lol.
    A burning cigarette actually doesn't smell bad to me. I am glad switching to vaping didn't turn me against the smell of smoke mainly because my husband still smokes. I don't think he will ever fully switch to vaping but he has cut down from two or 3 packs a day to less than a full pack thanks to vaping part time.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'd like to see that! No one smokes 30 packs/day :lol::tumble::lol:

I smoked for almost 60 years. But then the doctor said that my future life span would be measured in weeks instead of months or years if I continued to smoke. So I made the switch to vaping. I was 68 years old at the time. Now I'm 80, and doing just fine.
    You started smoking at 8 years old?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I'd like to see that! No one smokes 30 packs/day [emoji38]:tumble:[emoji38]

Oops... 30+ years, just one pack a day :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

glad I’m not the only one who quit for hygiene (odor) lol!! It’s such a disgusting smell. Especially when it gets into your hair and clothing. Just so gross!!!!

• Agree
    Reactions: 10x sugar

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    You started smoking at 8 years old?

I guess I was 10. I was hanging out with two of my cousins and their friends during the summer between 4th and 5th grades. One of my cousins was three years older than me. They were stealing cigarettes and beers from their dads. When I got back home, I started buying packs of cigarettes from the vending machine at corner gas station for 50 cents.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017

I'm sorry but did just say you smoked 30+ packs a day? PAD means packs a day in this context. That's like 600 cigarettes every day. Hell, I used to smoke 20 packs a day, but after I lost one of my lungs, I cut my smoking in half.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread