Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I have read that only a small percentage of nicotine from e juice is absorbed by us. So where does the rest of it go? Unless someone knows something different - my common sense say it is probably is the vapor we exhale. Do i want my kids breathing in nicotine - NO. I could say the same about PG, VG and flavor but am sure I will get the lecture of how these 3 are approved by the FDA as "safe" to add in food, medicines etc.
Might want to check out this thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...312547-nicotine-absorption-contradiction.html

Pay special attention to the posts by Rolygate.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have read that only a small percentage of nicotine from e juice is absorbed by us. So where does the rest of it go? Unless someone knows something different - my common sense say it is probably is the vapor we exhale. Do i want my kids breathing in nicotine - NO. I could say the same about PG, VG and flavor but am sure I will get the lecture of how these 3 are approved by the FDA as "safe" to add in food, medicines etc.

Actually exhaled vapor was found to have effectively no nicotine. The amount was so low that it did not register on a measurement of room air, so there is no secondhand nicotine exposure. I think that was recounted in the drexel study.

Excellent response. And if one does not want their kids exposed to any nicotine, then they should make sure they never eat a tomato.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Might want to check out this thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...312547-nicotine-absorption-contradiction.html

Pay special attention to the posts by Rolygate.

Honestly I did not read all his posts - but his very first post on page 3 says:

Vapor research
No real research has been conducted into the amount of nicotine in ecig vapor. Some numbers have been quoted as a by-product of research that was examining other issues. The three sets of numbers published that we have are not sufficient to base any factual statements on, as (a) they were not the main subject of the study, which addressed other issues, and (b) the numbers have not been repeated or are not repeatable.

It appears to me that we still DONT KNOW.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Last edited:

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I did not say nicotine is harmful - but it is addictive and probably does not provide us with essential amino acids, carbs, protein,vitamins, minerals, etc we need to live and be healthy. I for one would not be vaping had I not smoked and was not addicted to nicotine. Maybe others would. E Cigs IMO is a safer alternative to analogs.

The question posted by me was - where does the nicotine not absorbed by the body go? Based on Royalgate's post - which maybe some others in this thread should also read - and I quoted him in post #106 - we dont know. Gotta go meet my Houston vape club folks....later....vape on

Just like what others on this thread have said, I prefer to avoid confrontation. I have respect for others trying to watch the movie that they paid to see, so if I really need to vape, I step out into the hallway to have a couple puffs. If an employee asks me what I'm doing or tells me to stop, I just politely explain to them what it is and that there are little to no dangers involved for other movie-goers, and they either say "Okay, well carry on", or ask me to stop. If they ask me to stop, I just agree and apologize for the trouble...then I go into one of the stalls in the bathroom and stealth-vape. What they don't know won't hurt them :laugh:

Stef.

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Wow. You go see the same movies Mommy's take their wiggly whiny kids to? :D Wiggly whiny kids are enough to make me vape too. :D

You do have a point if the theater is full of Mommies and Daddies with kids. I never, ever go to a theater on a weekend. Only the first showing in the morning, Mon-Thu when no one's there. That's how little I tolerate distractions in a theater. In fact I only go if the movie really warrants a large screen... like sci-fi.

Trayce, I read this and your former reply and while I agree that I am there to watch a movie without distraction, I believe popcorn eaters that munch their popcorn through out the WHOLE movie are much worse than somebody who stealth vapes. I personally am in favour of common sense: if you can vape without distracting anybody then fine, but try not to be provocative.
Stef.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I haven't been to a movie theater in ages now, but I did stealth-vape in the back row once. It wasn't a kids movie and it wasn't a full theater, so I felt okay about it. I've also smuggled in my own drinks and snacks before, even brought beer one time! So there you have it—I'm a total movie theater scofflaw :D Was, anyway.

My personal public vaping policy is this: if I'm confident no one will detect it, I'll stealth-vape a little bit here and there. I figure if no one can tell I'm doing it then there's no way it can upset anyone or confuse anyone. But when it's convenient to step outside, I step outside. And I actually prefer outside because stealth vaping is never as satisfying. Second choice is bathrooms and dressing rooms (if I'm clothes shopping). I still do it stealthy, but at least I don't have to worry that someone might see me. And my last choice is super stealthy walking around in a shopping mall, in a store, at the movies, etc.

Can I go for two hours without vaping? Of course. I could go without a cigarette that long too, but it made me miserable. The misery of temporary abstinence as a vaper is less than as a smoker, but given the choice between low-level misery and no misery, I lean towards no misery as long as it's not going to cause someone else's misery.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
I smoked analogs for over 46 years before converting to vaping. I was very conscientious about my smoking. I would not smoke in someone else's house unless they themselves smoked. (Course I would never go back if they did not smoke.) I would not sneak a cigarette in non-smoking areas. I would not smoke around people that it bothered (course I never hung around people that did not smoke either). I apply those same rules to vaping. I will not vape anywhere without asking. Even if I see someone else doing it. If it says no smoking, I will always ask. Yes, I occasionally get strange looks from the person I ask simply because no one ever bothers to ask. To me that is just common courtesy.

I know how much it bothers me when I get around people (both male and female) that bathe in cologne. My first thought is always "have you never heard of soap?" Therefore, I am very conscious of the odors that are created by my vaping. Just yesterday, I was asked what I was vaping, because it smelled so wonderful. I was outside and around smokers. I have seen the rights of smokers taken away and denigrated over the years until smokers have been relegated to that of third class citizens. I do not want to see this happen to vaping as well. I feel we should go the "extra mile" to insure that we do not offend others with vaping as we did with smoking. If we do not go that extra mile, then we will end up being classed just like those who still smoke the analogs. I personally do not want to see that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Sneaking a smoke is almost an impossible thing to do. It stinks and the smoke keeps rising even when not actually puffing (which, of course, causes a bigger cloud to erupt) on the cigarette. Vaping is easier to sneak a puff in. When you quit sucking on the mouth piece, the vapor stops.

This issue just goes around and around. Vaping in public is not drawing attention from the ANTZ. They were trying to ban it before it was as mainstream as it is becoming. It may be causing the ANTZ to panic. :D Vaping is getting some good press and CASAA actually got a listening session with the FDA. Oh yeah, the ANTZ are in panic mode.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I have seen the rights of smokers taken away and denigrated over the years until smokers have been relegated to that of third class citizens. I do not want to see this happen to vaping as well. I feel we should go the "extra mile" to insure that we do not offend others with vaping as we did with smoking. If we do not go that extra mile, then we will end up being classed just like those who still smoke the analogs. I personally do not want to see that.

There are many people that believe smokers are now treated like they are because WE let them do that to us.
Many of us believed their lies and propaganda, and even in fact internalized it.

I won't be letting that happen again, not now that I'm vaping.

I'll be courteous, but if some ANTZ is offended by simply seeing my vapor from afar...
Well I got a special finger just for them.

And for anyone that says standing up for what's right is the wrong way to go about it.
I am definitely calling BS.

As other's have said, they will try to stop us no matter how compliant we are.
And I'm not planning on slinking off into the corners and hiding in the shadows again.

EDIT: And, no, I'm not talking about a movie theater, as that is obviously different
EDIT: Just had to add that to eliminate any confusion

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The ONLY way to get vaping in public to be accepted is to be courteous, to be visible, and to educate.
The faster we can get people educated, the better chance we have of stopping the vaping bans.

And if we are hiding in corners vaping, not a single person will become educated.

As long as people remain ignorant, they will gladly eat the lies and propaganda that the ANTZ continue to spread.
And as long as they eat that garbage, they will back the vaping bans that the ANTZ are parading around this country as we speak.

We haven't defeated the vaping bans that have so far been defeated by sitting back and hoping for the best.
We've beaten those bans by fighting back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread