Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I don't think most are concerned about not being allowed to vape where smoking is not currently allowed
And I'm saying they should be.

I can't imagine anybody thinks it's okay to blow vaper clouds that people can see in a movie theater.
This so much goes without saying that I don't understand why we're even talking about it.

But not being able to vape on the beach or in a public park?
I never in my life expected anyone would actually agree that was acceptable.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I can't imagine anybody thinks it's okay to blow vaper clouds that people can see in a movie theater.
This so much goes without saying that I don't understand why we're even talking about it.

And for the record, not a single person in this thread has said they would do that.
But a lot of people are acting like some are saying that, which is how these threads always seem to go.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
As an avid fan of storycraft and theater I would beg to differ with anyone who thinks they have politely vaped in a movie theater and no one noticed. No one said anything. But they noticed. Unless the theater was empty or almost, and you sat completely alone, slumped down in your seat, and made no vapor, and even then I bet someone noticed.

The short & sweet of it is that you are incorrect in your assumption. And I really think it's a little bit funny that you think you can say with so much certainty what people do & don't do or what they do & don't notice when you're not there to witness it. Personally I am way more concerned about people who believe I am incapable of judging for myself what is & isn't a problem for others than I am about vaping bans. In fact I'd have to say that the worst criticisms of my vaping habits have come from people in this forum & not from anyone I've met in any RL social situation.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
And I'm saying they should be.

But not being able to vape on the beach or in a public park?
I never in my life expected anyone would actually agree that was acceptable.

Who said it's not ok to vape in a park or on the beach. Man, you're really grasping. But nice strawman.

Smoke Anywhere - If You're an ......

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
The short & sweet of it is that you are incorrect in your assumption. And I really think it's a little bit funny that you think you can say with so much certainty what people do & don't do or what they do & don't notice when you're not there to witness it. Personally I am way more concerned about people who believe I am incapable of judging for myself what is & isn't a problem for others than I am about vaping bans. In fact I'd have to say that the worst criticisms of my vaping habits have come from people in this forum & not from anyone I've met in any RL social situation.

How do you know it's not a problem for others? You don't! Just because they don't' say anything doesn't mean they don't take issues with your actions.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I think Shatner's logic and reasoning are just fine, and I'm sure most veteran vapors feel the same way.

To non-vapers, it's very difficult to tell the difference between a cloud of smoke or a cloud of vapor. Why on earth would you want to make someone else feel uncomfortable? Can't you see that clouds of vapor could be perceived as smoke? Can't you see that other might be concerned with what they're inhaling? We're educated on the subject of vaping; most others aren't

It sounds to me like you just want to fight over your God given right to vape; wherever & when ever you like- at the expense of anyone else around you. Here's a news flash: We have had MANY God given rights taken away from us lately... our right to bear arms in some states, to drink large soft drinks in NYC, our right to privacy, our right to say prayers and the Pledge Of Allegiance in schools, and more....

Some people get off exercising their God given rights to prove a point. Our rights can easily be taken away. Please do me a favor... Please don't come to Florida to try to prove your point :) I like vaping here...

couldn't be said better

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Hammer hits nail on the head! We live in a me, me, me, it's all about me society now a days.. I was taught to respect others; to always say thank you, please, yes sir, yes, ma'am, no thank you, etc... My adult kids do the same. Good behavior is not genetic, it is learned. Values have been (and are being) gutted from our culture- especially over the last few years!

I ALWAYS think about how my actions could potentially affect others. I'll continue down the high road...except maybe when I'm at Walmart :)
The Wal Mart part is hilarious. If there is one place in which I don't give a ....... about anyone's feelings, it's Walmart. I rarely go into one, and any time I do, I find myself disgusted with society.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Who said it's not ok to vape in a park or on the beach. Man, you're really grasping. But nice strawman.
Are you serious? Are you even following your own conversation?

I posted this...
The idea of not vaping where you can't smoke bothers me almost as much as those in-your-face vapers with no respect for others.

As of 2010 there were 150 beaches where you were not allowed to smoke, and 843 public parks...
The Real Motivation Behind Park And Beach Smoking Bans - Forbes

Do the people that think we should not vape where smoking is not allowed really agree we should not vape in the above places?
You replied, and I quote: "YES!"

And then you proceeded to show your "human decency" by saying a few things that got your whole post deleted.
Which in turn got my reply to you deleted as well, unfortunately.

And now you are pretending you didn't say any of this?

Last edited:

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Are you serious? Are you even following your own conversation?

I posted this...

You replied, and I quote: "YES!"

And then you proceeded to show your "human decency" by saying a few things that got your whole post deleted.
Which in turn got my reply to you deleted as well, unfortunately.

And now you are pretending you didn't say any of this?

Oops, misread that. I have no issue vaping in parks as long as there are no "no smoking" signs.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Oops, misread that. I have no issue vaping in parks as long as there are no "no smoking" signs.
I'm not clear on what you misread, as it seems you are still saying yes.

Anyway, now I know there is at least one vaper who is okay with not vaping in parks and beaches when smoking is not allowed there.
I guess that means I'll have to stop operating under the assumption that no vaper would ever agree to that.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I have read that only a small percentage of nicotine from e juice is absorbed by us. So where does the rest of it go? Unless someone knows something different - my common sense say it is probably is the vapor we exhale. Do i want my kids breathing in nicotine - NO. I could say the same about PG, VG and flavor but am sure I will get the lecture of how these 3 are approved by the FDA as "safe" to add in food, medicines etc.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I have read that only a small percentage of nicotine from e juice is absorbed by us. So where does the rest of it go? Unless someone knows something different - my common sense say it is probably is the vapor we exhale. Do i want my kids breathing in nicotine - NO. I could say the same about PG, VG and flavor but am sure I will get the lecture of how these 3 are approved by the FDA as "safe" to add in food, medicines etc.

Actually exhaled vapor was found to have effectively no nicotine. The amount was so low that it did not register on a measurement of room air, so there is no secondhand nicotine exposure. I think that was recounted in the drexel study.

Last edited:

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Wow, way to take something I said out of context.

No I did not take it out of context.

And this is just silly. I guess those of us who have only parks with no smoking signs around us are screwed then. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread