• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public - where should people draw the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
  1. a smoker's corner outside an office block
  2. near the doorway in front of the office block, which has a no smoking sign
  3. on a public bus, with no one on it but the driver
  4. in a lift/elevator, alone with just a security camera
  5. sitting in the reading section of a public library

1. No problem.
2. No
3. No
4. probably not uinless incredibly stressed
5. No.

I probably err on the side of being conservative, I admit. My reasoning is that it is asking a lot of security personnel/staff to differentiate between smoking & vaping. It is also opening them up to being abused by rabid anti-smoking people who think you're being treated specially. If we don't want vaping treated as smoking just because a blanket ban makes things easier, I think we do have to be a little circumspect.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
mmmmm!!!! at first 4mths ago....I went and followed the smoking area signs....and you can bet theres always someone asking the magical??????? WHATS THAT? where do you get it....?talk talk and more talk...lol...it does my head in sometimes...so I got smokeless image to send me some business cards....I did try and get a few folks started..but eliquid customs issues...and there lost...I try to tell them put more effort into it...im sure as tobacco pricers keep rising theyl get the point....but it is fun for me sometimes watching the reactions to my vaping....lmfao...oooops can I write that....sorry....

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
i did ...vape walking round a huge shopping centre the other day for the first time...not big vapes just little toots....no one seem to care...and at a pub near pokie machines....one of the staff gave me a look....came over...i jumped in and said its only vape mate not smoke....he went ok...and walked away..lucky me....don't think ill push my luck to much....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread